Frontline: Regulations

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Check out more about the regulations of this brand new gameplay!

The full text of the news item

xx984 #2 Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50914 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
How about fix platooning in this mode instead?

Dexatroph #3 Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

Major

• Player
  • 42297 battles

View Postxx984, on 07 May 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

How about fix platooning in this mode instead?

Known bug, will be fixed with a micro patch this night.

TijgernootTank #4 Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43134 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN

how about posting this before event starts

Dexatroph #5 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 42297 battles

Hi, 

some feedback right at the start of the mode.

1. I like to see some new game mode, I'm curiose to try it out and also want to find out its long-term motivation.

2. 100  bonds for every completion seems to be a very low amount.
3. I don't like that you put ugly emblems on nice styles with nice camo. This just destroys the nice camo from my perspective.
4. I don't like the captured style what turns axis tanks into captured versions with a red star.
5. The rent tanks seems to have worse traverse speeds due to the internal formula. So the T44 FL turns 30% slower on hard grounds.

Edited by Dexatroph, 07 May 2018 - 05:21 PM.

Chrubac #6 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34238 battles

Hello? HELLO PARIS?

Have the staff in the WoT EU office noticed that the WoT version numbers have changed from a 0.xxx to a 1.xxx?

That means that the game have left beta and is now supposed to be counted as a full retail game! We, the customers, expect that the quality of service is supposed to be relative to this fact.

I, personally, consider it a sign of poor quality when the information of a new game mode comes out almost an hour after the mode has started.

Shape up and show some professionalism henceforth!

xx984 #7 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50914 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostDexatroph, on 07 May 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Known bug, will be fixed with a micro patch this night.

Yeah but it shouldnt have to be. They should get this stuff sorted for release day. It was working on the test server...

NoPoet406 #8 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2386 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

This new mode sounds very intriguing and I appreciate that there are temporary "loan" tanks.

vixu #9 Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:58 PM

Major

• Player
  • 41139 battles

View PostChrubac, on 07 May 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

Hello? HELLO PARIS?

Have the staff in the WoT EU office noticed that the WoT version numbers have changed from a 0.xxx to a 1.xxx?

That means that the game have left beta and is now supposed to be counted as a full retail game! We, the customers, expect that the quality of service is supposed to be relative to this fact.

I, personally, consider it a sign of poor quality when the information of a new game mode comes out almost an hour after the mode has started.

Shape up and show some professionalism henceforth!

I love such posts.... 

Everybody, who cares to read the announcements knew about this mode. And that it starts on 7th. 

Nice to have a new mode for tier8. Will for sure give it a try. And +5 for providing loan tanks for all to try it out.

DeadLecter #10 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18573 battles
  • [IR_EF] IR_EF
first fix the fps issue. I have ~100 fps in normal mode and less than ~40 in frontline. It's virtually unplayable

Elhazzared #11 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20486 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

For once an ok event.

Honestely I think this shouldn't be limited between X and X hours per day, people should ALWAYS be able to chose what they want to play. Moreover this should be an available game mode at all times!

Now moving to the good and the bad about this game more.

The good starts with the most simple and yet the best thing that I think everybody have been asking for in WoT. There is no tier dispersion! Everybody just loves not having to face higher tier tanks which their tank is awefully inadequate to fight against. If there is a negative point here is called the 2 russian bias tanks which is the defender and the not specially named defender which are made out of stalinium making it very hard to face them without having to lose lots of credits.

The second good part is that it's a longer game mode for the people who wants longer battles.

Now for the bad we'll start with the elephant in the room. Frankly speaking, defending is much easier than attacking not because the attackers merely have to kill enemies and wait while attackers have actual objectives to worry about like capturing and destroying emplacement (though that too is easier for them), but because the time is just not enough. I'd played a few games today on this game mode and while they are not a high number enough to make any real statistics, I can say that every single time the defenders won because time simply runs out way to fast. It's easy enough to stall capture long enough and it's easy enough to defend the bateries. Attacking takes far more coordination and this is exactly clanwars where a team is in teamspeak coordinating how and when to attack. Time needs to be increased by maybe 50% if the attackers are to stand a chance!

Credits. Yeah, we all knew this was gonna be an issue didn't we? While by running premium tanks and such it's more than possible to make credits, fact is, playing random battles is more profitable. I'm not saying that this should necessarely be more profitable (although being a timed event it should!) but at least the credit gain rate should be roughly the same.

Missions. Missions that can be archieved in random battle should be archievable in frontline, least you make frontline compete with missions and people just cannot get things done!

If these issues are addressed I think frontline will be a very good addition to WoT. Possibly even better than randoms.

Suurpolskija #12 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

So far I've enjoyed this immensely. It's just so much fun to have a blast and not worry about stats, play your favorite tanks against equal tier opponents and get some xp and credits while doing it.

So big thumbs up from me, WG. Good job!

uglycousin #13 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42641 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I don`t like it. Lags, low fps, engine broken bug, platoon bug ... battles can drag on and on and on ...

Not my cup of tea. :)

ITALUX #14 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15915 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
Platoons don't work, lag, fps drops and also wrong tank names and symbols on the top of both allied and enemy tanks. How did you guys manage to screw so many things up from the test server where it worked just fine?

Fedeita89 #15 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4526 battles

I will not lie, I really thought the tanks were a gift for me from wargaming.

what an idiot I am.

Edited by Fedeita89, 07 May 2018 - 06:52 PM.

Rusted_Bolt #16 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14951 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

I kind a like this, it´s something different after normal game modes. But like always with WG execution of this new mode is total garbage.

-normal game modes run on all graphic setting on max, this frontline mode runs badly on medium settings.

-capping can be done by rushing

-players changing "lines" causes imbalance on teams, so one line can be rushed.

Afdass #17 Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12332 battles

View PostElhazzared, on 07 May 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

For once an ok event.

Honestely I think this shouldn't be limited between X and X hours per day, people should ALWAYS be able to chose what they want to play. Moreover this should be an available game mode at all times!

Now moving to the good and the bad about this game more.

The good starts with the most simple and yet the best thing that I think everybody have been asking for in WoT. There is no tier dispersion! Everybody just loves not having to face higher tier tanks which their tank is awefully inadequate to fight against. If there is a negative point here is called the 2 russian bias tanks which is the defender and the not specially named defender which are made out of stalinium making it very hard to face them without having to lose lots of credits.

The second good part is that it's a longer game mode for the people who wants longer battles.

Now for the bad we'll start with the elephant in the room. Frankly speaking, defending is much easier than attacking not because the attackers merely have to kill enemies and wait while attackers have actual objectives to worry about like capturing and destroying emplacement (though that too is easier for them), but because the time is just not enough. I'd played a few games today on this game mode and while they are not a high number enough to make any real statistics, I can say that every single time the defenders won because time simply runs out way to fast. It's easy enough to stall capture long enough and it's easy enough to defend the bateries. Attacking takes far more coordination and this is exactly clanwars where a team is in teamspeak coordinating how and when to attack. Time needs to be increased by maybe 50% if the attackers are to stand a chance!

Credits. Yeah, we all knew this was gonna be an issue didn't we? While by running premium tanks and such it's more than possible to make credits, fact is, playing random battles is more profitable. I'm not saying that this should necessarely be more profitable (although being a timed event it should!) but at least the credit gain rate should be roughly the same.

Missions. Missions that can be archieved in random battle should be archievable in frontline, least you make frontline compete with missions and people just cannot get things done!

If these issues are addressed I think frontline will be a very good addition to WoT. Possibly even better than randoms.

If you think defenders have the advantage, you might want to keep playing and get a better sample of results.

Earlier today I played a battle while defending that lasted almost 30min because everytime the time was running out, the attackers either captured a base or reached an objective and after this time ran out there was always 2 more minutes of overtime, just for the memes. I must say that was probably the most balanced battle I ever played in the Frontline (and I played quite a few ones in the test server) where the battle could either go for the defenders or the attackers, that only have 2 pillboxes at half HP to deal with.

All the other matches were pretty much won by the attackers because the defenders can't really do much until they reach the final stage where then there is an actual battle for the pillboxes. Don't know if this is due to bad decisions made by players or if is a bad gameplay design, but the true is you have pretty much double the chance of winning if you spawn in the attacker team.

I really enjoy the mode when both teams have a proper balanced fight, not a 15 vs 3 tanks in one side that can push the whole line unharmed while the others are just sitting in the A or B square doing nothingness.

Rewards are good, rank system is good (demands quite a lot of work but a nice game where you reach general or captain can earn you a bunch of fame points - and if you're consistent it is quite amusing to "grind" through). Exp distribution... I'm still trying to figure how this works but in one game I got like 9k exp to one tank, 7 or 8k to another and 4 or 5k to the 3rd one I used. No idea how but I'm open to receive all the exp you wanna give :o

RSAC #18 Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8129 battles
  • [CIOE] CIOE

Congrats WoT team on this interesting mode!

Sadly I never won as the attacking team, and looks like no one as done that also...

SlyMeerkat #19 Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15020 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I have played one game and although it looks good, i just dont see myself playing it often

gunslingerXXX #20 Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9988 battles

Interesting but too many negative aspects:

- low fps/lags, especially during end-game.

- combat reserves suck!

- xp not worth it. Just did a 20 min game and made a whoping 1400 xp with 700 rank bonus (ok, loss and not a good game). Total 2.1 k. I'd rather just grind that with x3 and x2 events against tier 10.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users