My Toleration Is Being Pushed

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

SlyMeerkat #1 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16429 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

Now for one thing, i am not one to complain about this game, especially in this kind of fashion which is the first for me but for crying out loud this is just getting ridiculous with these Object 268 V4, just been in about 5 games now in a row where the enemy team have one of those TD (My team gets nothing of the kind) and everyone it was them that just pushed on through like nothing was there and team gets wiped, even with the Tier 9 of the line and its a real struggle to get anything done with them rolling around.

Just where is the skill in them if they can just do that?, now i love this game and have a high toleration on it and takes a lot for me to say something bad about it but this is one of them now and i sure hope they do nurf it asap and im pretty certain im not the only one here..... I just dont understand how they thought bringing this tank in t the game was a good idea, its rather off putting and would not surprise me if people have quit because of it which i for one wont be going that far and i just wish they would really pay more attention to this kind of thing as it does not help with the games reputation!?

Edited by SlyMeerkat, 08 May 2018 - 12:25 PM.

ripfactory #2 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 251 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 08 May 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

Just where is the skill in them if they can just do that?

Ceeb #3 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:30 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30222 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
​Great ​Another 268-4 ​Thread

And The Reason I've Dropped To Tiers That Don't See It, Hope They Make Frontline Permanent

SlyMeerkat #4 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16429 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View PostCeeb, on 08 May 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

​Great ​Another 268-4 ​Thread

And The Reason I've Dropped To Tiers That Don't See It, Hope They Make Frontline Permanent

The more threads about it the better IMO, they will see and hopefully do something about it but as for going low tiers, i suppose its something i should really do

truoste #5 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38045 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 08 May 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

Now for one thing, i am not one to complain about this game, especially in this kind of fashion which is the first for me but for crying out loud this is just getting ridiculous with these Object 268 V4, just been in about 5 games now in a row where the enemy team have one of those TD (My team gets nothing of the kind) and everyone it was them that just pushed on through like nothing was there and team gets wiped, even with the Tier 9 of the line and its a real struggle to get anything done with them rolling around.

Just where is the skill in them if they can just do that?, now i love this game and have a high toleration on it and takes a lot for me to say something bad about it but this is one of them now and i sure hope they do nurf it asap and im pretty certain im not the only one here..... I just dont understand how they thought bringing this tank in t the game was a good idea, its rather off putting and would not surprise me if people have quit because of it which i for one wont be going that far and i just wish they would really pay more attention to this kind of thing as it does not help with the games reputation!?

Well... just look at the comments made by developers from various streams and adverts (Defender and Chyrsler girlfriend) and you should get the idea: they want to offer as unfair advantage as possible for few players on expense of all others in that game, just so that the lucky guy who could never ever otherwise have a good game can also have that experience that they have actually made a meaningful contribution.

You are above average player which means that your opinion is automatically invalidated as you do not represent the majority that love their overpowered tonks like types/v4s/etc and broken mechanics like arty. Suck it up and deal with it. It is what it is. 

signal11th #6 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37053 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
I mean WG have previous of releasing broken tanks but this one is literally that broken you have to wonder how it got through balancing..  It literally has the armor of a super heavy, the mobility of a medium and the gun of a td... just bonkers..  It's pretty obvious it's just a cash grab...

Edited by signal11th, 08 May 2018 - 12:45 PM.

SlyMeerkat #7 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16429 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View Posttruoste, on 08 May 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

Well... just look at the comments made by developers from various streams and adverts (Defender and Chyrsler girlfriend) and you should get the idea: they want to offer as unfair advantage as possible for few players on expense of all others in that game, just so that the lucky guy who could never ever otherwise have a good game can also have that experience that they have actually made a meaningful contribution.

You are above average player which means that your opinion is automatically invalidated as you do not represent the majority that love their overpowered tonks like types/v4s/etc and broken mechanics like arty. Suck it up and deal with it. It is what it is. 

I can suck it up alright no problem, like i said, its the first of a kind i did making this post..... It just gets annoying is all when several games in row they have one and we get nothing of the kind, plus the team seem to go in camp mode and dont even try to deal with it but ah well, im doing the best i can each game so im not worried about that :)

Ubervold #8 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21272 battles

It has come to the point that the main objective in a game vs one or more Object 268 V4 is to kill the Object 268 V4. And in order to do that you take stupid risks, which usually gets you killed, atleast if you´re not in a tier X tank.

Whenever they are top tier with tier VIII tanks it is ridiculous.

SlyMeerkat #9 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16429 battles
  • [FILO] FILO

View Postsignal11th, on 08 May 2018 - 11:45 AM, said:

I mean WG have previous of releasing broken tanks but this one is literally that broken you have to wonder how it got through balancing..  It literally has the armor of a super heavy, the mobility of a medium and the gun of a td... just bonkers..  It's pretty obvious it's just a cash grab...

Thats what i think too and it also worries me for the game as a whole and its future if thats what they are going to do all the time, i mean eventually they fix things but they sure take their time doing it when by then, people have gave up and gone else where and its not good at all :(

View PostUbervold, on 08 May 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

It has come to the point that the main objective in a game vs one or more Object 268 V4 is to kill the Object 268 V4. And in order to do that you take stupid risks, which usually gets you killed, atleast if you´re not in a tier X tank.

Whenever they are top tier with tier VIII tanks it is ridiculous.

It dont help that the tank i am currently grinding is a tier 8 :D

Cobra6 #10 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Hey, Wargaming could not increase the penetration drop-off of standard ammo on the Sandbox server because there was a huge outcry and they had to pull the idea, so instead of listening to their community telling them they don't want a change like that they did the only other thing they could do: Greatly overbuf armor to achieve the same effect as they wanted with the penetration drop-off.

Aided by all those advocating premium ammo is fine and not a problem at all in it's current form and quantity being used in game.

Cobra 6

Ceeb #11 Posted 08 May 2018 - 12:59 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30222 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 08 May 2018 - 11:32 AM, said:

The more threads about it the better IMO, they will see and hopefully do something about it but as for going low tiers, i suppose its something i should really do

Edited

​As for lower tiers, I've been trying to find a reason to play...so Tier 4 to Tier 7 I'm really enjoying... I don't see that this abortion of a machine that shouldn't be in the game.  The 268-4 drivers that cant see it's broken I have zero time for, with Frontline, I have a reason to take out some Tier 8s I've missed playing.

Like you I seem to be on the end of ROFLSTOMPS or on the team doing the stomping, where I'm fighting for damage and the games end in 15-3 or 3-15, while this isn't unusual, it seems more commen when I meet this tank...

edit, And the way the TOTT fell due to he OPness of this tank has made gameplay worse,

As for nerfs.  

Reverse and Transverse nerf, or at least a frontal weak spot worth a damn.  

Edited by Asklepi0s, 08 May 2018 - 01:18 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Rati_Festa #12 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42797 battles

I'm amazed it has taken you this long to have your toleration pushed. Mine broke about a week into fighting that tank. Stopped playing T10's immediately, I've earnt about 10 million credits in the meantime and have stopped even looking at potential T8 prems to buy as they will face it in battle.

Massive negative for me from WG and they aren't getting any big money out of me while it is in game. Hopefully more of the community will stop spending money on T8 prem tanks and they will get the message.

CircleOfSorrow #13 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles
I think it will mostly be frontline matches for me while they are running.  I do wish the mode was available during the day.

Speaking of the 268 V4, how do you kill one of these things if they are already up in your grill?  I noticed the engine cover is weak, but obviously the angle presented is acute.  Can larger caliber guns on tall tanks overmatch the bay cover?  I wish HE/HESH rounds had overmatch capability.  

Ubervold #14 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21272 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 08 May 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

I was grinding three tier 8:s for a while, slightly amusing but mostly painful.

Now when at tier 9 I´ve kind of lost the will to play, even though that´s usually my favourite tier...

CircleOfSorrow #15 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 08 May 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

You could use it in Frontline.  I think you get an xp multiplier for attaining the rank of General, and personal reserves work during the mode as well.  In a match last night I got the general rank, and I think I had just over 10k xp across the three tanks I used.

Ceeb #16 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:23 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30222 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostCeeb, on 08 May 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

Edited

​As for lower tiers, I've been trying to find a reason to play...so Tier 4 to Tier 7 I'm really enjoying... I don't see that this abortion of a machine that shouldn't be in the game.  The 268-4 drivers that cant see it's broken I have zero time for, with Frontline, I have a reason to take out some Tier 8s I've missed playing.

Like you I seem to be on the end of ROFLSTOMPS or on the team doing the stomping, where I'm fighting for damage and the games end in 15-3 or 3-15, while this isn't unusual, it seems more commen when I meet this tank...

edit, And the way the TOTT fell due to he OPness of this tank has made gameplay worse,

As for nerfs.  

Reverse and Transverse nerf, or at least a frontal weak spot worth a damn.  

​Lol, Told ya id get warning...

_b_ #17 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55203 battles

At least there are only 23 days left with it as TOTT :/

Good job WG, you are the best at making a great game...not as great as it should be! :(

Strappster #18 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:42 PM

General

• Player
  • 23936 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I mean WG have previous of releasing broken tanks but this one is literally that broken you have to wonder how it got through balancing.

"How's the new TD shaping up?"

"Well, it's really strong frontally but players are able to get the sides and shoot the thinner armo..."

"Hmm, good point, give it the mobility of a medium, that'll fix it."

"Er, no, that's not wha..."

"Blyat! Look at the time! Pub's open, my shout."

"Well, ok then."

wsatnutter #19 Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24955 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

this and a nerf bat in a few months

Simeon85 #20 Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

As I've said before the community should just balance the 268v4 themselves, every time one appears in game, especially if the enemy team doesn't have one, two/three people team damage it down to like 500 - 800 hit points, then I think from there it's probably about balanced.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users