FRONTLINE: Most realistic tank warfare ever!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

_Davidge_ #1 Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11810 battles

I must simply acclaim new Frontline mod.

After some probing and finally getting basics  ,suddenly,  after years of playing this game, I became aware that I  found myself in 9 square kilometers map, with tactical moves like in real war, and got that feeling of realism of tank battle for the First time.

Once more,and this is not a joke,  I am stunned by the immensity of maps, and by the realism of this battles.I find this to be significant advance for  this game , and in war gaming as a hall.,

And , as a lover of German tanks I must say also this,  now been German sniper truly is a worthy bussines, and pleasure.

Congratulations to Wargaming. I know many will not agree, but I hope we will get this mod as permanent option of playing this game for those who love it, and I am certainly one.

Its simply beautiful, realistic, vast, powerfull. When teams are good it is the closest thing to real tank warfare ever seen on computer.

That's it.

Thumbs up WG.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 08 May 2018 - 10:29 PM.

signal11th #2 Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:25 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37042 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Not to bust your bubble but... pay's too much, you don't need prem ammo, makes randoms irrelevant, too much of a hit for potato pc's so pretty much you've lost half of the player base but yes it's a decent mode and that's why it will never be permanent because WG doesn't do "decent" 

Bulldog_Drummond #3 Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

General

• Player
  • 29393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWayward_Current, on 08 May 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

I must simply acclaim new Frontline mod.

After some probing and finally getting basics  ,suddenly,  after years of playing this game, I became aware that I  found myself in 9 square kilometers map, with tactical moves like in real war, and got that feeling of realism of tank battle for the First time.

Once more,and this is not a joke,  I am stunned by the immensity of maps, and by the realism of this battles.I find this to be significant advance for  this game , and in war gaming as a hall.,

And , as a lover of German tanks I must say also this,  now been German sniper truly is a worthy bussines, and pleasure.

Congratulations to Wargaming. I know many will not agree, but I hope we will get this mod as permanent option of playing this game for those who love it, and I am certainly one.

Its simply beautiful, realistic, wast, powerfull. When teams are good it is the closest thing to real tank warfare ever seen on computer.

That's it.

Thumbs up WG.

Realistic???  Very droll, young sir.

xx984 #4 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54851 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
Frontlines is amazing fun and a nice breath of fresh air into the game, Loving it so far

Earsmaginty #5 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30651 battles
No clue why WG allowed arty into it. Just another way to ruin a game

Balc0ra #6 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66256 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Realism? Well I get more of that when I play BF1942 in a 60 vs 60 mode. Not here. Fun sure. But immersive and realistic? I got none of those vibes tbh.

Search_Warrant #7 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27190 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Postxx984, on 08 May 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

Frontlines is amazing fun and a nice breath of fresh air into the game, Loving it so far

WHY IS IT NOT PERMANANT?! i dont want to play randoms anymore!!! just fix the FPS drops and ill play nothing but frontline! GIVE IT TO MEH!

IncandescentGerbil #8 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 08 May 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

Steady on. I would say that being reincarnated each time you die would make perfect sense to our Hindu chums... Although it should be noted that in the strict Vedic sense being reborn is a curse. True peace can only come from true extinction. 

I will probably feel the same when WOT finally does the decent thing and dies.

Bulldog_Drummond #9 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:42 PM

General

• Player
  • 29393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 08 May 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

WHY IS IT NOT PERMANANT?! i dont want to play randoms anymore!!! just fix the FPS drops and ill play nothing but frontline! GIVE IT TO MEH!

Come and see the violence inherent in the system. 

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 08 May 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

Steady on. I would say that being reincarnated each time you die would make perfect sense to our Hindu chums... Although it should be noted that in the strict Vedic sense being reborn is a curse. True peace can only come from true extinction. 

http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/Laur797.shtml

"You see," resumed Laura, "I really have some grounds for supposing that my next incarnation will be in a lower organism. I shall be an animal of some kind. On the other hand, I haven't been a bad sort in my way, so I think I may count on being a nice animal, something elegant and lively, with a love of fun. An otter, perhaps."

"I can't imagine you as an otter," said Amanda.

"Well, I don't suppose you can imagine me as an angel, if it comes to that," said Laura.

Amanda was silent. She couldn't.

Edited by Daxeno, 09 May 2018 - 02:01 PM.

IncandescentGerbil #10 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 08 May 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

"You see," resumed Laura, "I really have some grounds for supposing that my next incarnation will be in a lower organism. I shall be an animal of some kind. On the other hand, I haven't been a bad sort in my way, so I think I may count on being a nice animal, something elegant and lively, with a love of fun. An otter, perhaps."

"Well, I don't suppose you can imagine me as an angel, if it comes to that," said Laura.

Show me a man who doesn't like otters, and I'll show you a man who thinks 268v4s are balanced.

DrMechano #11 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23678 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 08 May 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

Same here. Seriously why the hell isn't it permanent? Or are they worried that if it was 24/7 all the tier 10s would run out of tier 8s too shoot at and be pushed into only having tier 9s and 10s in their matches.

Edited by DrMechano, 08 May 2018 - 11:58 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #12 Posted 08 May 2018 - 11:58 PM

General

• Player
  • 29393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 08 May 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

Show me a man who doesn't like otters, and I'll show you a man who thinks 268v4s are balanced.

On the evening preceding the day fixed for the hunt Amanda spent a solitary hour walking by the banks of the stream, making what she imagined to be hound noises. It was charitably supposed by those who overheard her performance, that she was practising for farmyard imitations at the forth-coming village entertainment.

It was her friend and neighbour, Aurora Burret, who brought her news of the day's sport.

"Pity you weren't out; we had quite a good day. We found at once, in the pool just below your garden."

"Did you — kill?" asked Amanda.

"Rather. A fine she-otter. Your husband got rather badly bitten in trying to 'tail it.' Poor beast, I felt quite sorry for it, it had such a human look in its eyes when it was killed. You'll call me silly, but do you know who the look reminded me of? My dear woman, what is the matter?"

fighting_falcon93 #13 Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:44 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31024 battles

It might be fun, but I would definitely not say that it's realistic.

• Guns are still amazingly inaccurate. No, I'm not talking about the gunner, but about the gun itself.
  • Commanders are still unable to see anything past 445 meters. But they can see through bushes.
  • Tanks driving further away than 564 meters are still suddenly disappearing. God knows how Tiger tanks scored 2 km hits.

Etc etc etc ;)

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 09 May 2018 - 04:45 AM.

TankkiPoju #14 Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:40 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20272 battles

View PostWayward_Current, on 08 May 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

Well RIP this game mode once WG realizes people can play German tanks properly.

Seriously, the goal of map design has been for past 5 years to remove all long distance tank engagements... which just happen to suit Russian tanks.

undutchable80 #15 Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7235 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 08 May 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

Agree! Needs some bugs fixed (FPS drop is a biggie) and some tweaking, but I was driving around yesterday with a feeling of: "Wait what?? I can actually pen stuff??" feeling. #feelsgoodman

Snake_Keeper #16 Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8938 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 09 May 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

Don't tell anybody...but the Tiger II actually works on Frontline. :ohmy:

__Delta_ #17 Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30215 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH

Realistic i dont knowe, But after two night in a row whit Fronline. i must say i love it. Battlefield whit tanks :harp:  I realy like the fast pase and room to manover. Downside is, its to fast to do eny good platoonwork yet.

But it will com when all members on the platoon now the maps better and the flow of the game.

Well done WG.

Plz let it stay one tier only. So no +2 mm

Cheers 

Delta

Edited by __Delta_, 09 May 2018 - 08:23 AM.

_Davidge_ #18 Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11810 battles

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 08 May 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

​When playing in 9 square klilometers battlefield , compared to 0.8 square kilometers maps in  random mod  ,I really find  this as a big step in the direction of realism.

Players are still actually unaware of full potential of this maps and concept, maybe developer to?

For instance players still often hold on their sector, but after defending sector they could make pincer moves in other sectors.

This is awesome.This is real tactical situation.

If wargaming would take this mine advices we could turn this into something even bigger.

I am proposing WG here now, guys, make flanking manouvers worthy by giving slight flanking bonus to side that makes flanking.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 09 May 2018 - 08:56 AM.

DracheimFlug #19 Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:54 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 08 May 2018 - 11:38 PM, said:

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 08 May 2018 - 11:43 PM, said:

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 08 May 2018 - 11:49 PM, said:

Except that it isn't reincarnation. Your original tank's crew are all recovered after the battle as always. If it was reincarnation they would be long gone. Also your second tank's crew would be hard to explain since you are normally reincarnated as an infant, not as an adult with memories and training. 

Is the concept of reinforcements that difficult to grasp? :)

_Davidge_ #20 Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11810 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 09 May 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

Seriously, the goal of map design has been for past 5 years to remove all long distance tank engagements... which just happen to suit Russian tanks.

​Germans can finally engage on higher-end distances.

It makes them playable actually. For instance Panther II with L 100 8.8 cm gun. In random map is a joke, I hardly remember I saw this tank in random battle in recent months.

In this mod its competitive tank.

I hope Wagraming understands war was over almost 80 years ago and Germans will never attack again  so lets give little love to this machines by allowing them to work in their natural enviroment.

I mean  everyone drives German cars, Good this is not world of cars since German cars will be crap.

There is no  need for this. Let the Germans from the loose, its good for the game.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 09 May 2018 - 09:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users