• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ValkyrionX #1 Posted 09 May 2018 - 11:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40523 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS
Very important spoiler

"I know that opening another thread could annoy or be useless but I come here to share my opinion on what devs are currently testing on the main server"

Frontline mode 30 vs 30, already called by some battle royale, saw its first test steps on the sandbox server almost a year ago, in which I took part, same map (almost) but only tier X.
In these sandbox test phases, the mode showed how the playability of the map was quite good but that in general terms the X tier tanks were not up to the current economy of the game ; which resulted at each end of the game with a considerable loss of credits (even not playing with premium ammo) by the player and very small gains even in terms of exp/free exp.

It should be remembered that during the test phases with level X tanks there were not all the peculiar "equipment" that now you can earn with the tokens playing with the tier 8 tanks.

After the test phases the feedbacks were negative especially as regards the credit gain, and many of those who took part considered this test another failed experiment by the WG, never greater consideration error.

Personally, I thought the way in which the map was generally well done and balanced both for the attacking team and for the one that has the task of defending the bases and the final objectives.

-

I had suggested during the test phase on the sandbox server (if I remember correctly) to make this mode, regardless of the levels of the permitted tanks ( X, IX, VIII etc) , to make this mode accessible only in platoons, but only platoons composed of 5 players.
This would be translated into 6 platoons of 5 players ( 30 players in total as it is now ), and then two platoons of 5 players for each sector (whether you are in attack or defense) and all this to make the game, at least in my vision, more "tactical" and to avoid chaos and players who think about tending ( or dmg farming ) their game without thinking about the goals and then the final victory for the whole team.

-

This personal idea of ​​mine is still valid as a recommendation to the developers also for the frontline mode at level 8 currently present on the main server.

In fact, always in what is my vision, the 5-player platoons would allow you to choose the tanks appropriately for each stage of the game, to better achieve the objectives whether you attack or defend.

You can be, presumably, in communication with your platoon companions, and you can play the map in a more appropriate way and make decisions that can influence the game in favor of the whole team.

Imagine being the defenders of the sector and having lost the opponent's landing area, imagine being in five players, and being able to communicate among you, discord, teamspeak or other programs, to be a group of friends or companions of clan .. you are therefore defending to you have to choose the tanks that you have to use for the second enemy assault .. a platoon of this kind could allow to choose tanks that allow to defend and of organizers to find the best positions, to spot the adversaries and play when you need the most useful tanks and combine the best equipment you can currently earn with tokens.

Another small example, you are attacking, you are always in 5 in the platoon and you need to spot the enemy tanks and at the same time to advance to capture the base.
The platoon may choose to forward one or more light tanks (equipped with the function to spot the opponents with the reconnaissance aircraft ) supported by a medium tank (equipped with the smokescreen) and following the heavy tanks and tankdestroyers, or an SPG, ( equipped with airstrike and artillery attacks)

Recalling that each sector would consist of 2 platoons of 5 players facing two other platoons of 5 players, I do not know you but I would find everything really much more tactical and less "chaotic"

-

This game mode as it is now I must say that it is fun enough to play both in normal platoon by 3 or alone, but if I have to be honest I find that the general context is slightly chaotic (sorry if I repeat but I think it's the adequate term) and a little confused but in any case it is clear to those who play the mode what are the objectives and how to try to win the game.
I found totally unnecessary, at least in my opinion, the equipment that increase and improve the performance of the tanks and tankers, and the same for the engineering equipment that allows you to capture the bases and blablabla. .. I prefer at least in my style of play use the others that allow you to advance and blast opponents and damage them with air attacks etc etc

The economy and earning of credits, playing tier 8, is definitely good and allows you to make money well being careful not to use too many premium ammunition and to play premium tanks clearly the situation can only make more money.
I know maybe I should not have written it :)  

A small flaw I find it when you have to play light tanks to spot adversaries, I must say that I found few bushes in certain areas, but this is probably offset by aerial reconnaissance to spot the enemies.

-

The mode could be winning in my opinion, if now I had to play tier 8 no longer play the random but only this mode, clearly assumed that if this mode were to enter permanently in the game would require at least two other maps to be able to have a rotation and not always the same map all the time .. but I know that this further development takes time but I hope that the developers are already thinking about it, since in the test phase on the sandbox server we have seen more than one map for this mode even if for a short time...

I think I said everything at the time .. if I had to think about anything else I would add other considerations over time

Peace

ValkyrionX #2 Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40523 battles
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS

other small notes:
-in some situations I've been spotted and attacked in the spawn area and if you're an autoloader tank and you're so unloaded it's not at all funny in any way, even worse in a skorpion .. you definitely screwed.

-I did not appreciate including the reduction of earnings in terms of bonds for the medals dedicated to the mode, expected in future micro patches

-the performance regarding fps should definitely be improved, too much memory use

-excellent choice to have predetermined times to play this mode, which allows a good balance with regard to the presence of tier 8 tanks in the MM of random battles

-it would be stylistically nice to see like in the sandbox server almost a year ago, in the landing territory of the attackers, the sea with the allied ships .. even if it goes potentially in contrast with the decline of fps that determines such a large map

-the position of objective "3" located on a promontory between the walls of a castle makes it really too difficult in certain situations to attack

-the line of defense of the attackers who can not be attacked by the defenders should be moved at least 100 meters forward, as several times I have managed to confine (thanks to my team) the attackers literally inside their spawn areas .. and I do not think it's a good thing

-if this mode were to become permanent in the game, it would be interesting to have a set of personal missions to be able to win a reward tank as in the missions for the random battles

Edited by ValkyrionX, 09 May 2018 - 01:21 PM.

Geno1isme #3 Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40053 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostValkyrionX, on 09 May 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

I had suggested during the test phase on the sandbox server (if I remember correctly) to make this mode, regardless of the levels of the permitted tanks ( X, IX, VIII etc) , to make this mode accessible only in platoons, but only platoons composed of 5 players.

That would be the most effective way to kill that mode instantly as you'd prevent the majority of players from participating. Lack of players = dead mode.

View PostValkyrionX, on 09 May 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

-I did not appreciate including the reduction of earnings in terms of bonds for the medals dedicated to the mode, expected in future micro patches

100 bonds just for becoming General was way too much. Good players could get that almost every match, and if bonds can be earned to easily they are devalued, prices have to go up and average players complain even more in the long run.

View PostValkyrionX, on 09 May 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

-the line of defense of the attackers who can not be attacked by the defenders should be moved at least 100 meters forward, as several times I have managed to confine (thanks to my team) the attackers literally inside their spawn areas .. and I do not think it's a good thing

Extending the no-go areas is a two-edged sword. People can sit hulldown in those zones and put fire on the opposing team with little risk as they can't be pushed. Simply extending them would promote that even more. And even if you extend the zone, esp. at C attackers have to come through well-defined corridors which could still easily be blocked by defenders once they've won the initial engagement.

If you extend the zones you'd have to move the bases back as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users