Make Front Line a permanent mode

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Make FL a permanent game mode? (115 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Make FL a permanent game mode?

1. Yes (89 votes [77.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.39%

2. No (26 votes [22.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.61%

Vote Hide poll

Private_Pearts #1 Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20484 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR
Only because I work most evenings.

xx984 #2 Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50809 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

While i love the mode itself, I have to say no. 

Reasons for this being 

1 - Having it here all the time will lead to it becoming boring and feel not very special rather fast

2 - Would mean less rewards, Seeing as if it was here 24/7 then you would easily be able to farm prem days and consumables for ages and spend less money on the game, So WG Cant have that

3 - Would mess alot with the MM, Pretty much every tier 10 game will be full tier 10, even more so than it is already

4 - Only one map, This sort of links into the first point a bit, but the map itself is great, but there is only so many times you can play the same map without it feeling repetitive, And with WG saying it takes a few months for them to make a standard HD map, With a map this size it will take alot longer.

The mode is great fun, But i just feel stuff like this is better when its a special mode, and not something you can do 24/7. 

However what they should do is expand the time of day its available so more people can play it. 

Private_Pearts #3 Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20484 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

View Postxx984, on 09 May 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

While i love the mode itself, I have to say no. 

Reasons for this being 

1 - Having it here all the time will lead to it becoming boring and feel not very special rather fast

2 - Would mean less rewards, Seeing as if it was here 24/7 then you would easily be able to farm prem days and consumables for ages and spend less money on the game, So WG Cant have that

3 - Would mess alot with the MM, Pretty much every tier 10 game will be full tier 10, even more so than it is already

4 - Only one map, This sort of links into the first point a bit, but the map itself is great, but there is only so many times you can play the same map without it feeling repetitive, And with WG saying it takes a few months for them to make a standard HD map, With a map this size it will take alot longer.

The mode is great fun, But i just feel stuff like this is better when its a special mode, and not something you can do 24/7. 

However what they should do is expand the time of day its available so more people can play it. 

Booooooooooooooooooo!

250swb #4 Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20756 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

No! 

The Frontline mode does nothing for the game other than farm credits in a cloaked system. Stats earned or lost by playing Frontline don't get fed back into the game overall by WR% but the credits do, so running it for any length of time beyond 'a bit of fun' will ruin random battles for ever. Yes everybody is greedy, everybody wants something for nothing, but using credits earned in Frontline that has no comeback in Random regarding how well you performed is a game breaker.

the_nebuchadnezzar #5 Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43719 battles
I really don`t care if it became permanent or not since I don`t think I will play it a second time. I did play it once yesterday just to see why everyone it`s so hyped and, to be honest, I didn`t like it one bite. I had a good game - got to general - while finish first on frags and second on dmg in our defending team and yet I receive just 98.000 credits and end up losing 12.000 credits. The game was chaotic to say the least, I found the map to be confusing - I lost time trying to understand where I was and what where all those signs on the minimap, a voice kept saying things about A zone, B zone etc. but they where not showed on the map (was unable to go and try defend those bases if I didn`t know where they were). Plus, the fps was very bad and had many freeze moments - which are very annoying! Overall, far from being a fun experience. 

Bordhaw #6 Posted 09 May 2018 - 08:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9539 battles

View Post250swb, on 09 May 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

running it for any length of time beyond 'a bit of fun' will ruin random battles for ever. 

I think many will disagree and reply that random battles at Tier 8 are ruined a long time already. 

250swb #7 Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20756 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBordhaw, on 09 May 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

I think many will disagree and reply that random battles at Tier 8 are ruined a long time already. 

So you want to ruin the whole game for the sake of tier VIII try hards?

If anybody came up with a permanent game mode where you could spend a day farming credits whether you win or not, no jeopardy to your stats, then spend the credits and bonds on your tanks for Random battles a lot of players would think that is a cheat. The problem at the moment is that a lot of players haven't had a proper thought beyond Frontline mode other than rubbing their hands together in avarice and greed.

The consequences of a permanent Frontline mode show how few brain cells have been expended on following the initial though through, it's just pathetic of the WOT community to giggle like little girls about it.

Edited by 250swb, 09 May 2018 - 09:57 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #8 Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 27826 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 09 May 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

I really don`t care if it became permanent or not since I don`t think I will play it a second time. I did play it once yesterday just to see why everyone it`s so hyped and, to be honest, I didn`t like it one bite. I had a good game - got to general - while finish first on frags and second on dmg in our defending team and yet I receive just 98.000 credits and end up losing 12.000 credits. The game was chaotic to say the least, I found the map to be confusing - I lost time trying to understand where I was and what where all those signs on the minimap, a voice kept saying things about A zone, B zone etc. but they where not showed on the map (was unable to go and try defend those bases if I didn`t know where they were). Plus, the fps was very bad and had many freeze moments - which are very annoying! Overall, far from being a fun experience. 

Agreed.  One game of it was enough for me.  I was bored after 5 minutes and the bloody thing dragged on for 20.

No objection (obviously) to others enjoying it but the assumption by those who do enjoy it that it is truly amazing and will be wonderful for all is not well founded.

Hedgehog1963 #9 Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50110 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

So there was an earlier poll about this very same thing...

Go vote on that instead of starting another poll.

This is the Pollice.

JesperTank83 #10 Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11479 battles
  • [F_URY] F_URY

No! 

The Frontline mode does nothing for the game other than farm credits in a cloaked system. Stats earned or lost by playing Frontline don't get fed back into the game overall by WR% but the credits do, so running it for any length of time beyond 'a bit of fun' will ruin random battles for ever. Yes everybody is greedy, everybody wants something for nothing, but using credits earned in Frontline that has no comeback in Random regarding how well you performed is a game breaker.

Funny that some people care so much for stats that they can’t allow other people to just enjoy the game. I play the game for the entertainment value, so I would say, make it permanent.

Edited by JesperTank83, 09 May 2018 - 10:44 PM.

Dundato #11 Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25653 battles
Never tried it. So never voted

Private_Pearts #12 Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20484 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

View PostHedgehog1963, on 09 May 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

So there was an earlier poll about this very same thing...

Go vote on that instead of starting another poll.

This is the Pollice.

Sorry Ocifer.

cu_chulainn_ #13 Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39555 battles
Great mode, would love to see it stay, I would happily never play another random battle again.

Strappster #14 Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:08 AM

General

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I wouldn't like to see it as a permanent mode for the reasons already stated but a regularly recurring mode, as I think they're doing with ranked, would be good. Earn your bankroll in FL, spend it in ranked. :great:

fighting_falcon93 #15 Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:23 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29320 battles
xx984 has some very good points there, I agree with him. So I think it's better if they keep frontline as a temporary mode that re-appears from time to time. However, IMHO they should remove the limited time window, both for Ranked and Frontline. It's super annoying to have to re-plan the real life schedule and skip a lot of things just because I'm forced to play within a certain time frame.

Afdass #16 Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12284 battles

Maybe making it available 4h in the morning and 4h at the night would solve things for those who cannot play at the current time window. Making it permanent would end up happening the same as Grand Battles which pretty much noone plays nowadays.

Novelties are always welcome. But while the time passes, doing the same thing over and over can become boring and frustrating sometimes.

I play 2 or 3h of Frontline and usually after the 2nd hour passes I'm already asking myself why am I doing such thing. Battles sometimes can take ages to end; RNG screws you over all the time; You lose some matches because usually your teammates have no idea they need to defend the 1 and 2 objectives instead of farming damage on C cap; the rank' rush makes me do stupid things that don't contribute anything for the team and my own good.

Wrinkly #17 Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43864 battles

Big NO.

As others have said, it just wouldn't be played, while also diluting the tier 8's available for the normal game.

I do enjoy the game though, not because of the game mode, but simply because it lacks any tier spread. Though I do feel that nerfing team damage within this mode is a bit too simplistic.

imendars #18 Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10939 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

They worked on this mode longer than a year. Perhaps even 2 years.

I'm certain this is NOT just to show it of for 1 month.

Ofc we dont know if they will want to work on it some more and change some things.

I think this is a huge test for this mode.

WindSplitter1 #19 Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14273 battles

No! 

I don't care about the rewards but I'll have to disagree entirely.

Firstly, not everyone cares about statistics but that's old news...

What drove me into posting was your statement about "ruining Random Battles forever". Random Battles were ruined once they introduced the Light Tank changes, the MM template system, HD maps + corridorization of maps (Steppes is no longer a scout map and active spotting in Prokh is dead) and passive buffs to heavy tanks.

Frontline solves all those issues. Perhaps it is too much for potato computers [like mine] but it's still playable, credit earning does seem a bit too much but in past iterations, people were complaining a lot about the credit losses.

I saw yesterday that WG adjusted bond earning as well, which is good. Sounds more realistic.

Nonetheless, I see why it won't be a permanent gamemode and I agree it would do more harm than good.

Then again, by introducing Frontline they should address the issues in RB. It's still possible to rollback on some of the past changes.

And I would much rather be in a battle with 10 Tier X heavy tanks in my team and 10 Tier X medium tanks on the enemy's than in mirrored battles where 3 vehicles have to decide the fate of the match.

Daniel_Brook #20 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4160 battles
This will be a permanent mode it's just a case of when and who , if wargaming don't build on it then another company will due to the popularity of it .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users