How to avoid mountain goats and give everyone a chance

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

TiMeK1ll3r #1 Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22208 battles
  • [ORKII] ORKII

Hi guys, I just came up with an idea that might be helpful for those who hate mountain goats (like WG clearly said)

I see so much space on every map that by my point of view is unused.

We have hills, mountain, little roads, etc...

Why have noone considered the possibility to make them accessible to everyone?

Instead of blocking them and creating an inaccessible part of the map that is unused, why don't we just make a road to connect it with the rest of the map.

This way EVERYONE is able to access to this spot (maybe modified to not give an oblivious advantage), and instead of driving adound the map trying to climb every spot you completely destroy mountain goats by making those "inaccessible parts of the map" accessible, giving both teams a new gameplay, and maybe a bit of fresh air on boring old maps that only allow very few choices for many tanks gameplay.

To me this looks like a genius idea, it's just a bit of map rework to do but it's totally a plausible choice and it would improve the game giving everyone more opportunities to create its own playstyle and allowing many tanks to be used in the correct positions.

More open areas, more variety, a gameplay highly conditioned by each player tank and personal experience, a will to properly understand the map to use it to your advantage.

Are there any cons or is just me seeing the glass half full?

Dorander #2 Posted 10 May 2018 - 01:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18116 battles

I wasn't aware there even was still mountaingoating, I haven't seen any of it for a long time. Even when it was a thing, it was rare. Reworking most of the maps to provide access to supposedly inaccessible areas, of which I wonder if they are accessible in the first place, means that maps get more firing lines which can drastically change how maps work.

It's far less work for WG to simply make any remaining mountain goat locations inaccessible, if they consider mountaingoating still a problem.

TiMeK1ll3r #3 Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22208 battles
  • [ORKII] ORKII

I see this topic as a way to improve the gameplay on the same boring maps, ok now they are HD and they are cool and everything you want, but basically they just reworked the textures and changed a few rocks.

Getting new firing lines is something positive, it means you can engage the enemy in the right way, with new offensive positions and new defensive positions.

It basically become a game based on personal capabilities of each singular player.

If you have the right tank in the right spot, you can make it work even if the map isn't exactly the right one, but that one spot might completely change the outcome of the match.

It will become a race for all players, everyone will compete in learning every nook and cranny of every map to be able to play each tank in the right way.

FRESH AIR, THIS IS WHAT THIS GAME REALLY NEED...

It's becoming more and more like a swamp, we need movement, changes, new stuffs.

Frontline is cool and all, but how long will it last the fun? You can only guess.

Hedgehog1963 #4 Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51270 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
You can't even dismount from high ground over anything except gentle slopes these days, because all the cliffs have the crags of hell scattered over them.  The chance of climbing up any such is nil.

Junglist_ #5 Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37087 battles

Is there even any such thing as mountain goating on the reworked maps? 

I do agree though that it would be nice if the maps had more routes but as Hedgehog pointed out they made it much more difficult to go down on a lot of slopes you were previously able to so it looks like WG wants the exact opposite and to force you to go slugfest brawl on 2 different routes.

IncandescentGerbil #6 Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
Whilst skiing in the Canadian Rockies, our coach had to wait twenty minutes for an angry bighorn sheep (imagine a goat on roids) to get out the way. So I sympathise with whatever your point might be.

Homer_J #7 Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTiMeK1ll3r, on 10 May 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

Why have noone considered the possibility to make them accessible to everyone?

Instead of blocking them and creating an inaccessible part of the map that is unused, why don't we just make a road to connect it with the rest of the map.

Why not just make the whole map flat so nobody has a problem?

Inaccessible points on the map are there for a reason.

TiMeK1ll3r #8 Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22208 battles
  • [ORKII] ORKII

View PostHomer_J, on 10 May 2018 - 06:30 PM, said:

Why not just make the whole map flat so nobody has a problem?

Inaccessible points on the map are there for a reason.

Inaccessible parts of the map are there because WG was too lazy to make a more interesting map to enjoy.

It could easily be implemented, they would just need to open the roads and flatten the access points so that everyone can go where they want when they want.

I'm not in favour of mountain goats, it just seems unfair to me that they can get to strategic positions when noone else can.

It doesn't seems unreasonable and as i said, after a while playing the same map over and over, you kinda get bored of the same gameplay every single time, so why not change it a bit? Make it more interesting, more fun, for everyone to enjoy?

Homer_J #9 Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTiMeK1ll3r, on 10 May 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

It doesn't seems unreasonable and as i said, after a while playing the same map over and over, you kinda get bored of the same gameplay every single time, so why not change it a bit? Make it more interesting, more fun, for everyone to enjoy?

Because you won't make it more fun and you won't make it more diverse, you will create new super positions which everyone must go to or lose.

Dorander #10 Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:59 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18116 battles

View PostTiMeK1ll3r, on 10 May 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

Inaccessible parts of the map are there because WG was too lazy to make a more interesting map to enjoy.

It could easily be implemented, they would just need to open the roads and flatten the access points so that everyone can go where they want when they want.

I'm not in favour of mountain goats, it just seems unfair to me that they can get to strategic positions when noone else can.

I'm all in favour of variety, but I'd rather WG just (re)added more maps instead of opening up a few points to fix an issue I'm not even convinced exists. Like Hedgehog mentioned, you got the crags of hell around every meant-to-be-inaccessible cliff now. Those things kill you driving down, I'd be surprised if they had a milder effect if you tried to drive up.

Xaneleon #11 Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 22554 battles

View PostJunglist_, on 10 May 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

Is there even any such thing as mountain goating on the reworked maps? 

<...>

Maybe :hiding:

VeryRisky #12 Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:06 AM

General

• Player
  • 17350 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 10 May 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

So I sympathise with whatever your point might be.

I like this quote.

IncandescentGerbil #13 Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles

View PostVeryRisky, on 11 May 2018 - 12:06 AM, said:

I like this quote.

Thanks mate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users