#Yugoslavia #Tanks #TechTree

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Henryjarman #1 Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4980 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

A Yugoslavian Tech tree would be good for World of Tanks. Some might argue that there are already too many tanks in the game but I would say that it gives the game a new lease of life. The Polish and Italian tree's are great additions to the game and provide some really unique gameplay so in my opinion it would be good to supplement this with a Yugoslavian tech tree in the future and its very possible to make one.

There's a well thought out Yugoslavian tree by Pikpikker that puts together a SPG, Medium and TD line with emphasis on historical accuracy. Yugoslavia was occupied during the war but it had tank development before and after it and the line incorporates modified tanks used by partisans such as the M-634 which is still unique as it doen't feature in the game already. The line avoids Soviet clones as much as possible which is also something I like and is more historical than the soon to be added polish tree that will feature drawings from T8-10 so I don't see why this can't be added. I'd understand why they wouldn't want to add the SPG line though.

https://pikpikker.ne.../yugo.html#m634

I think we will probably see Hungarian and Swiss tanks before we a Yugoslavian Tech tree but I feel as if it would be something really cool to add into the game at some stage, perhaps with a Yugoslavian Map :)

IncandescentGerbil #2 Posted 10 May 2018 - 02:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35666 battles
Sure. Bet whatever tanks they came up with when not blessing the world with the Yugo hatchback will still be better than the Cent in the game.

evcro #3 Posted 10 May 2018 - 03:00 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 3811 battles
Romania was the 4th largest army in WW2 , i found it hilarious that there are completely irrelevant countries with playable vehicles, adding one more (Yugoslavia) would just add to the cake.

DaniulSims #4 Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9307 battles
  • [WRECK] WRECK

"I am from X nation and I want it in game"

That's what I mostly hear when I see these topics.

I haven't gotten to look into the vehicles in detail, yet preemtively I have to say that unless a tech tree brings something fresh to the game, it's kinda a waste of time and just catering to X playerbase (exact reason why I am skeptic of Polish TT). Czechs brought in the Defender murderer and the concept of burst autoloaders, Sweden brought hulldown monsters and the siege mechanics, and the italians have nifty stuff all along their TT aswell.

EDIT: I mean, can you imagine the lack of TVP VTU forum memes if the Czechs were not present?

Me neither.

Edited by DaniulSims, 10 May 2018 - 04:12 PM.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #5 Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24120 battles

I'm sure WG will get around to them eventually.

Once every other tank tree has been padded out, and players desperately need something else to blindly grind.

tank276 #6 Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48905 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View Postevcro, on 10 May 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Romania was the 4th largest army in WW2 , i found it hilarious that there are completely irrelevant countries with playable vehicles, adding one more (Yugoslavia) would just add to the cake.

Eeerm, did Romania with 13 million inhabitants had a larger army than USA, USSR, Germany, Japan, France, Italy or G. Britain?

You must have calculated something terribly wrong I am afraid.

DaniulSims #7 Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9307 battles
  • [WRECK] WRECK

View Posttank276, on 10 May 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Eeerm, did Romania with 13 million inhabitants had a larger army than USA, USSR, Germany, Japan, France, Italy or G. Britain?

You must have calculated something terribly wrong I am afraid.

It did have a standing army larger than the US, Japan, France once it's got defeated and Italy and G. Britain. You must keep in mind we had everything mobilized while, for instance, G. Britain would keep a fair amount of forces on their island while US and Japan were more about production power than pure manpower. For reference, we had the second largest contribution to the Axis forces, behind only Germany

tank276 #8 Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48905 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostDaniulSims, on 10 May 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

It did have a standing army larger than the US, Japan, France once it's got defeated and Italy and G. Britain. You must keep in mind we had everything mobilized while, for instance, G. Britain would keep a fair amount of forces on their island while US and Japan were more about production power than pure manpower. For reference, we had the second largest contribution to the Axis forces, behind only Germany

Dude what are you talking about?

US Armed Forces peaked at around 6,5 million servicemen in WW2, thats about 50% of the population of Romania at the time.

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45723 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Adidas stripes as gun marks :)

NoobySkooby #10 Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10793 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 10 May 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Adidas stripes as gun marks :)

Hells bells | almost made a mess laughing at that, so does the Yuogslav line get a new tier eight too which will out perform both the upcoming polish heavy and the Defender, maybe we could call it the yugo-Igo?

Twin cannons, 300 mm armour all the way round, and the mobility of a light tank:D

Blink rapidly three times and take a deep breath if you really think I take that seriously, lol

AliceUnchained #11 Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 38165 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postevcro, on 10 May 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Not by a mile... And which irrelevant nations do we have in WoT actually? Even Sweden, which did not play an active role in WW II, can hardly be considered 'irrelevant'.

View PostDaniulSims, on 10 May 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

Numbers and sources please. Depending on sources the maximum I've come across so far is 1,25 million under arms in 1944... Estimates at the beginning seem to be 600.000 - 700.000 with 600.000 being mentioned as the force with which Romania support the Eastern campaign several times as well.

Edit: For comparison, peak number for US is over 8 million. However, just mere months before Great Britain declared war on Nazi Germany it was aprox. 180.000 and ranked 17th, 18th, 19th in the world (depending on the source).

Edit 2: By no means do I mean to downplay the role Romania played in WW II or talk negatively about the country, it's people, and it's contribution(s) during WW II. But I do sincerely doubt the above claims, unless we're speaking of a very specific (pre-war) time-frame.

As far as WoT is concerned however, the main question is, at least in my opinion; What would either a Yugoslavian or Romanian Tech Tree add to the game? The last thing I'm interested in is more copy/pasta vehicles with even more made up characteristics.

Edited by AliceUnchained, 10 May 2018 - 06:20 PM.

Shaade_Silentpaw #12 Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22020 battles

Tier X TD:

Gun: 203mm L/40

Top Speed: 50 kph

...yeah, that'll work. :popcorn:

Artick_ #13 Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29037 battles
  • [BADD] BADD

Problem is that Romania got "rented" tanks. So most of them will be from Germany and Russia if not mistake , so same techtree under another brand. Not exactly what we need ( Im from RO :) )

Corruption_Clan #14 Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45430 battles

View PostArtick_, on 10 May 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

Problem is that Romania got "rented" tanks. So most of them will be from Germany and Russia if not mistake , so same techtree under another brand. Not exactly what we need ( Im from RO :) )

^^

Could always release a Tigru Tank with numerous numbers/letters for different tiers.

OH wait that already happened in japan tanks

Henryjarman #15 Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4980 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

View PostDaniulSims, on 10 May 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

"I am from X nation and I want it in game"

That's what I mostly hear when I see these topics.

I haven't gotten to look into the vehicles in detail, yet preemtively I have to say that unless a tech tree brings something fresh to the game, it's kinda a waste of time and just catering to X playerbase (exact reason why I am skeptic of Polish TT). Czechs brought in the Defender murderer and the concept of burst autoloaders, Sweden brought hulldown monsters and the siege mechanics, and the italians have nifty stuff all along their TT aswell.

EDIT: I mean, can you imagine the lack of TVP VTU forum memes if the Czechs were not present?

Me neither.

Not in this case as Yugoslavia hasn't existed as a country for 26 years :P

I feel like this Tech tree brings enough to the table, it's fresh content if nothing else. The Polish tanks coming to the game later this year bring no new game mechanics and the Chinese TD's were very forgettable.

Balc0ra #16 Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64429 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHenryjarman, on 10 May 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

I feel like this Tech tree brings enough to the table, it's fresh content if nothing else. The Polish tanks coming to the game later this year bring no new game mechanics and the Chinese TD's were very forgettable.

How so? Low and mid tiers would still be 100% copy cats. They used the FT like everyone else on tier 1. During WWII most of their armor was low tier French, or mid tier US/Germans. Post war they still used US and German tanks already in the game in different forms. Even T-55's. They even bought Patton M47's at the same time as Norway to test them out for trials, but unlike Norway they bought a few of them. M-84's that they made or their own, that are too new anyway. But really a modified T-72, that they also had.

The other stuff I know they made are APC's and  AA systems. Then again we have no idea what they might find for blueprint tanks for high tiers. But low and mid tiers would be 100% what we have from before.

WOT is not a WWII focused game, never was as such. It's a tank focused game that has tanks from before the war, during the war and after the war. If we just went by tanks and nation that saw action during the war. Over half the tanks would disappear, inc low tiers. Even tho Sweden was not activity taking part in the war. They still had a tank program that saw continuously development. And that's more or less the criteria. What they did in the war is irrelevant. As high tiers is mostly post war anyway. And Romania would still be FT again for tier 1. Anything from R35's to Skoda's on low tiers, and Stugs and Panzers on mid tiers.  And when a nation mostly used tanks on mid to low tiers that are already in the game during the war. What new would it bring anyway besides a new flag on the turret on something we have 2-3 different versions of already?

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 May 2018 - 07:36 PM.

_underscored_ #17 Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 56698 battles
  • [_EON_] _EON_
Personally I believe the pertinent question is - will the shells be guided by the hands of Stalin or Tito on this line?

the_nebuchadnezzar #18 Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45674 battles
I vote for Yugoslavia tech tree, but with one condition. 3 months after the tech tree is put into the game, the tech tree must dived into 7 separate parts, with Serbia keeping tier I and II, Slovenia at tier 3, Montenegro at tier 4 and 5, Bosnia&Herzegovina on tier 6 and 7, Albania at tier 8, Macedonia at tier 9 and Croatia as top tier, plus Kosovo as premium tier 8. Just to keep it „historical accurate“! :trollface:

Edited by the_nebuchadnezzar, 10 May 2018 - 08:02 PM.

_Horned_ #19 Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14953 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postevcro, on 10 May 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Except it wasn't, more likely 15th largest army

https://www.thetopte.../armies-war-ii/

evcro #20 Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:41 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 3811 battles

View Post_Horned_, on 11 May 2018 - 03:46 AM, said:

Except it wasn't, more likely 15th largest army

https://www.thetopte.../armies-war-ii/

at the end of WW2 Romania had the 4th largest (by number of soldiers) army on field.

P.S. lol random fanboy top10 sites

Edited by evcro, 11 May 2018 - 06:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users