My next tier 9.......

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #1 Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6780 battles
Ok I am well on my way to grind for one tier 9 tank or another, and the choice I have is the Type 4, or the T10, and believe it or not I cannot fathom out which one would be the better option, can anyone share some advice please as the best one to get?

JocMeister #2 Posted 11 May 2018 - 04:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20456 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

None of them.

Play tier 5-6 until you at least get a basic understanding of the game. I would also advice you to watch some YT vids and/or some streamers and forget about higher tiers for a long, long time.

juonimies #3 Posted 11 May 2018 - 06:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43333 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

View PostNoobySkooby, on 11 May 2018 - 03:23 AM, said:

Ok I am well on my way to grind for one tier 9 tank or another, and the choice I have is the Type 4, or the T10, and believe it or not I cannot fathom out which one would be the better option, can anyone share some advice please as the best one to get?

If I were in your position, I'd choose Type 4. It is WG's OP toy for all who want to say "my dad has bigger d_ick than everybody else's dad". 

By the way, you made a big mistake. You started to post to this forum with 1900 personal rating. You should have known you'll get bullied by all those who wank themselves to sleep every evening with WoT's manual in their armpit.  

Edited by juonimies, 11 May 2018 - 06:50 AM.

JocMeister #4 Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20456 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postjuonimies, on 11 May 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

If I were in your position, I'd choose Type 4. It is WG's OP toy for all who want to say "my dad has bigger d_ick than everybody else's dad". 

By the way, you made a big mistake. You started to post to this forum with 1900 personal rating. You should have known you'll get bullied by all those who wank themselves to sleep every evening with WoT's manual in their armpit.  

They guy have 49 wn8 (yes 49) and 43% overall WR. 38% WR / 272 DPG in his Skorpion after 279 battles. That is 1 shot of damage every second game. You really think he should be playing Tier 9? 

But I guess you belong to the "I plej fo faaaan and I don´t care that I actually sabotage for my 14 teammates" crowd.

Edited by JocMeister, 11 May 2018 - 07:44 AM.

Vule777 #5 Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20138 battles
If you have option for obj257 I would go for it instead t10. For me is far better, or at least have far more better armor.

mjoork #6 Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10096 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA
This is a botter. Go play tier 1

Negativvv #7 Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6771 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Why do newer folk gravitate towards HTs?!

Once you've tastes good Meduims and LTs then there is no looking back...

Vule777 #8 Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20138 battles
Guy opened topic to ask which tank to grind and all crap on him to go and play low tiers. Omg, ffs, lol, lmfao, omfg, rofl, bofl....

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #9 Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14840 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNoobySkooby, on 11 May 2018 - 03:23 AM, said:

Edit: forgot to answer the OP, so here it goes.

I got the Type 4 myself, and it's definitely the easier one to grind, as you don't need to learn to aim for weakspots. 

As for the T10, I'm stuck in the grind at the IS, simply because I don't fancy playing it too much. Then again, I'm fancying lights and mediums more at the moment.

But the T10 is a nice tank, with a grind of mostly easier to play HTs.

Looking at your results so far, go for the Type 4.

But really JocMeister's advice is a valid one. It's not the games purpose to get tier 10 as fast as possible. And I personally think it's more fun to be able to influence a battle then to be just a passenger. Mid tiers are perfect to grow your skill level.

View PostJocMeister, on 11 May 2018 - 03:32 AM, said:

None of them.

Play tier 5-6 until you at least get a basic understanding of the game. I would also advice you to watch some YT vids and/or some streamers and forget about higher tiers for a long, long time.

Good advice indeed. Not rushing the tiers is actually a win win situation for everyone, as it's more fun learning the game in the mid tiers, then to be butchered in the higher tiers. Once you get a hang off mid tiers, you can slowly but steadily move on to the higher tiers.

View Postjuonimies, on 11 May 2018 - 05:49 AM, said:

Type 4 is not OP, but more kind of broken. Though not as much as it's big brother the Type 5.

View PostNegativvv, on 11 May 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

Well, I think HTs are easier for new players to start with. Especially in the mid tiers.

Although light tanks do not have the steep learning curve as in the past.

Mediums in general are a bit tougher when new to the game, as you need to know maps better.

Edited by Ze_HOFF_fverhoef, 11 May 2018 - 08:58 AM.

tank276 #10 Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47748 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostNegativvv, on 11 May 2018 - 07:31 AM, said:

Same reason they choose battleships in that other title dude.

Both BBs and heavies require less brain cells usage to play so....

Didnt check NoobySkooby's stats, but he asked in a polite way.

If his stats are that low as mentioned by others, I would advice to stay in lower tiers for some months to improve.

For the Type 4 I dont have an opinion, I am finishing the grind to get O-Ho but I dont really like the line.

T-10 is a pretty good fast heavy/medium hybrid and for me hybrids are always interesting to play.

Dava_117 #11 Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17559 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostNoobySkooby, on 11 May 2018 - 04:23 AM, said:

I would say T-10 is the better option, but you probably miss the experience needed to perform well in it.

Type4 with the derp would probably be a better option, even if it's brocken.

The best advice is, as many said, to drop some tier and learn the games mechanics. Tiers 5 to 7 are the right spot IMO, because the main characteristic of each tank class are alredy defined here but repair cost are far lower, so making mistakes is mot such a problem. Also I would suggest you to read the game wiki or similar guides to quickly gather the theoretical knowledge and start to use it. :)

MeNoobTank #12 Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9205 battles

My stats are also very bad and I realized that I do the best in Tier 6 and some Tier 8's when I am top tier, but tier 9 and 10 are very hard, ussualy people spam premium ammo and your armor become useless.

I would advice you to also stay at tier 6. But for your question of course get Type 4 Heavy, maybe you would do decent in it since it dosen't request much skill, on corridors is the best tier 9 you can get. T-10 is a tank that require much more skill to master, I sometimes do very good in mine but sometimes do bad.

Dorander #13 Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17585 battles

I have an alternative solution to all those whiners who tell him to play low tiers. Since most people initially try to progress to higher tiers because that's the reward system of the game, thus high tiers resulting in a large skill spread, why don't YOU go play low tiers instead? All of you statwhiners, just sod off to tier 5-6, it's just as valid a solution to your problem. You might actually teach some people to play in the progress, the higher tiers are free of your types... it's win-win really. And don't tell me you don't enjoy those tiers, apparently fun is not a requirement or valid reason so shoo.

OP, it's not a matter of "best", those tanks have hugely different playstyles. The Type 4 Heavy is a slow heavily armoured beast that shoots HE shells, it's good for corridor situations, easily deals damage because of HE shell mechanics, but that's all it can really do. The T-10 is a way more versatile tank, it's faster, smaller, good turret armour but with a noticably weaker hull. It also shoots AP shells primarily, so like every other tank you have to aim for a spot you can penetrate on the enemy. I'd consider the T-10 hands down the better tank but it's harder to play, but that's also why I'd vastly prefer it... I consider the Type 4 and 5 to be exceedingly dull tanks. They are good at what they do though.

Enforcer1975 #14 Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:42 AM

General

• Player
  • 18309 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJocMeister, on 11 May 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

They guy have 49 wn8 (yes 49) and 43% overall WR. 38% WR / 272 DPG in his Skorpion after 279 battles. That is 1 shot of damage every second game. You really think he should be playing Tier 9? 

But I guess you belong to the "I plej fo faaaan and I don´t care that I actually sabotage for my 14 teammates" crowd.

At least the Type is a good tank for that guy since it's better to shoot HE in the Type than in the T-10....

Tbh it's already way too late to give OP any tips at this point.

Edited by Enforcer1975, 11 May 2018 - 09:42 AM.

samuelx43a #15 Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20290 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Just like the others have said, if you must, go for the type 4 as it is more forgiving. 

Personally I'd rather have the T-10, a really nice tank, but you have to know what you are doing with it.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17559 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostDorander, on 11 May 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

I have an alternative solution to all those whiners who tell him to play low tiers. Since most people initially try to progress to higher tiers because that's the reward system of the game, thus high tiers resulting in a large skill spread, why don't YOU go play low tiers instead? All of you statwhiners, just sod off to tier 5-6, it's just as valid a solution to your problem. You might actually teach some people to play in the progress, the higher tiers are free of your types... it's win-win really. And don't tell me you don't enjoy those tiers, apparently fun is not a requirement or valid reason so shoo.

OP, it's not a matter of "best", those tanks have hugely different playstyles. The Type 4 Heavy is a slow heavily armoured beast that shoots HE shells, it's good for corridor situations, easily deals damage because of HE shell mechanics, but that's all it can really do. The T-10 is a way more versatile tank, it's faster, smaller, good turret armour but with a noticably weaker hull. It also shoots AP shells primarily, so like every other tank you have to aim for a spot you can penetrate on the enemy. I'd consider the T-10 hands down the better tank but it's harder to play, but that's also why I'd vastly prefer it... I consider the Type 4 and 5 to be exceedingly dull tanks. They are good at what they do though.

In fact I play plenty of game at various tier. I had 2.2k game just in T-150, I play the BT-7A as fun tank, same for AMX40 and Covenanter. Sometime I go derp on tier 5, and now I also have some tier 7 keeper I play frequently like the Tiger1.

Is my advice more valid now? :D

Dorander #17 Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17585 battles

View PostDava_117, on 11 May 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

In fact I play plenty of game at various tier. I had 2.2k game just in T-150, I play the BT-7A as fun tank, same for AMX40 and Covenanter. Sometime I go derp on tier 5, and now I also have some tier 7 keeper I play frequently like the Tiger1.

Is my advice more valid now? :D

Your advice is valid enough, and you stated it politely, ergo it's not whining. I agree that around tier 6 is the best spot to train your understanding of mechanics, the designs are less wonky than in the first four tiers, tanks start to really work according to their different roles, and consequentially the mechanics matter.

It's the "Get out of 'my' high tiers" attitude some people display have that really pisses me off. It's just entitlement, not based on wanting to give good advance to a player but implying that their fun is somehow more relevant than his fun 'cause they statistically play better.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #18 Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:59 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14840 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDorander, on 11 May 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

It's not so much advice so I don't need to play against him, but advice that can benefit mostly him. It's much nicer if you can influence a battle positively to some extend, and currently the OP is not capable of doing so in the higher tiers.

In the mid tiers can can gain some much needed experience and he can learn to carry his weight, and who knows, even carry. Not in the high tiers.

For me personally I don't care whether he plays higher tiers... the more bad players join the high tiers, the easier it becomes for me :P

And no, stats is not what I'm after :girl:

Also, I personally play hardly any tier 10 games, for the reason that I think I'm not good enough yet. I just cannot influence battles enough to my liking.

And I also play mid tiers, because that's also fun at times.

Enforcer1975 #19 Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:08 AM

General

• Player
  • 18309 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDorander, on 11 May 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

*blabla*

As already mentioned above i am sure most if not all players who give players like OP the tip of dropping down tiers to L2P have a lot of experience to tell which tier is best to learn the game. OP is worse...i mean how can you have half a damaging shot average in so many tanks? 

You have to be like this to eff up that bad.

I personally have played at least 5-6k games up to tier 6 before even thinking of buying my first tier 7 and i am still playing a lot of tiers from tier 2-3 for fun up to tier 10.

Also guess what bots whine about in the lower to mid tiers? Statpadders in their 6 skill tanks ruin the game for use boohoohoo... 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 11 May 2018 - 12:11 PM.

IncandescentGerbil #20 Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
Type 4 will get you better short term results; t10 will make you a better player.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users