Cromwell skills equipment

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Hero2107 #1 Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11189 battles

Hello tankers,

I bought the cromwell B, but i’m not quite sure what equipment and skills i should use.

for equipment i would initially say: vents, rammer and optics. What is your opinion about this and wat would you change?

given the fact the cromwell B comes with “free” BIA i dont need to consider that for skills, so what would be your suggestions for the first couple of skills for the crew?

have a nice day

vV_TIO_Vv #2 Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:00 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 15999 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

I would start with either full camo or full repairs, both to help get in close or escape quickly as Cromwells are close range tanks rather than snipers, you will either wolf pack in onto tanks, pick off light tanks or support heavies by flanking enemies whilst heavies are brawling.

I use Vents Optics Rammer in mine.

I use same crew in Centurion 1 with Vents Rammer Vertical Stabs

My crew skills are as follows, (ignore BiA as on all)

Commander: 6th Sense, Recon, Camo, (I used camo on 1st runup and swapped to 6thS, then trained recon for 2nd I think)

Gunner: Camo, Snap Shot, Repairs

Driver: Camo, Smooth ride, Repairs

Radio Operator: Camo, Situational Awareness, (only at 50% but I will go repairs after 100%) 431 view range current with optics in the Cromwell B

Loader: Camo, Situational Awareness (as I use in centurion), Repairs,  - if not using in a tier 8/9/10 tank, I would have used safe storage as perk instead of situational awareness, I have 442 view range in a Cent 1 with no optics.

Edited by vV_TIO_Vv, 12 May 2018 - 09:11 AM.

Hero2107 #3 Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11189 battles

View PostvV_TIO_Vv, on 12 May 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

I would start with either full camo or full repairs, both to help get in close or escape quickly as Cromwells are close range tanks rather than snipers, you will either wolf pack in onto tanks, pick off light tanks or support heavies by flanking enemies whilst heavies are brawling.

I use Vents Optics Rammer in mine.

I use same crew in Centurion 1 with Vents Rammer Vertical Stabs

My crew skills are as follows, (ignore BiA as on all)

Commander: 6th Sense, Recon, Camo, (I used camo on 1st runup and swapped to 6thS, then trained recon for 2nd I think)

Gunner: Camo, Snap Shot, Repairs

Driver: Camo, Smooth ride, Repairs

Radio Operator: Camo, Situational Awareness, (only at 50% but I will go repairs after 100%) 431 view range current with optics in the Cromwell B

Loader: Camo, Situational Awareness (as I use in centurion), Repairs,  - if not using in a tier 8/9/10 tank, I would have used safe storage as perk instead of situational awareness, I have 442 view range in a Cent 1 with no optics.

thanks! I wonder if eagle eye would be a good idea for when i put this crew in a centurion, maybe instead of camo?

Malakaz #4 Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25094 battles
  • [NAZIR] NAZIR

I have Eagle Eye on my Bromwell crew (that I use for all UK perm MTs as well as for CentAX).

1) I have a very skilled crew (6th or 7th skill already) so I can space for it

2) I wanted to try it if it is good maybe for other crews

Time for perk to "kick in" is long - on Cromwell you already shooted twice or even more. This skill is more sniper-ish and not imho good for Cromwell gameplay (is a bit more useful for higher tier meds tho). Camo skill gives you all-time-active-advantage while info from EE perk is ... something like bonus - you mostly know it already or hardly can actively use it (not that you cant, but its not reliable thing thats worth of 100%commander skill slot. If you have that many skills go for it; Ill retain it there but I will not retrain any other crew in order to have it.

Bordhaw #5 Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9549 battles

Block Quote

For starters this tank is not identical to the tech tree Cromwell. It surpasses the Cromwell in both track traverse and terrain resistance by quite a bit, making this a lot more nimble to drive. As a drawback it has worse dispersion during turret rotation so you'll have to pick and choose whether you really want to engage something or zip onto another engagement that might suit the platform better. 

For equipment I recommend Rammer, GLD and Optics

Most mediums at this tier are unable to mount Vertical Stabilizers and the dispersion really is bad so the aimtime reduction from the GLD is a must, along with optics for subbing for light tanks and the DPM buff that the Rammer'll give. Vents would be fine too but I feel that this is one of the tanks where vents will cost you more than you'll gain from using it instead of any of the other equipments I suggested. 

Crewskills:

Disclaimer: Whenever this tank has been available for purchase, a BiA crew has followed so it'll be included as the first skill regardless. 

Commander: BiA, Sixth Sense, Camo, Repairs, Jack of All Trades OR Recon
Gunner: BiA, Repairs, Snap Shot, Camo, Firefighting
Driver: BiA, Repairs, Smooth Ride, Camo, Offroad Driving
Radio Operator: BiA, Repairs, Situational Awareness, Camo, Firefighting
Loader: BiA, Safe Stowage, Repairs, Camo, Firefighting

The crew skills here are in a very specific order that I generally use on most my tanks overall, the difference here is that it is tweaked for british top tiers regardless of what tank they'll be put in. It makes sense to train this crew for a Centurion Action X but like me and hopefully others consider this the best british premium currently in the game, so I train my british heavy crew in this as well. 

BiA was picked from start and finished. I picked Sixth Sense and Safe Stowage along with 3 sets of repairs because this is the point where your repair skill is good enough not to get tracked before being able to repair by most tanks in higher tiers if you are using this tank in other tanks while playing this. Sixth Sense is a very important perk you want to get enabled ASAP and Safe Stowage is basically a british security measure due to how often these tanks get ammoracked. If you're playing your Cromwell actively then this is absolutely the way to go, as an aggressive scout with a sick pewpew gun that destroys occupied targets. But if you're more of a passive player you might want to consider switching the order of Camo and Repairs if you're going up the medium line. Firefighting at the end is also due to how fire prone the CAX and FV215b is. At 4 skills you have everything you need pretty much and this is just to increase the consistency of gameplay if you're running food to maximise your damage output, otherwise put whatever's left that you think might be useful. Offroad driving is for increasing mobility, british tanks generally have great track traverse so Clutch Braking seemed worthless.

My loadout for the Cromwell is 30/30/4. There's not a lot of reasoning behind this. Some tier 8s are absolute garbage to fight against so I keep plenty APCR handy for whenever I need to pen a Defender or similar regardless of what side he's giving me. The Bromwell makes decent credits so with usage of premium rounds that hit you'll end up running profits anyway. 

http://forum.worldof...s-and-loadouts/

Also tagged with Cromwell, skills, equipment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users