Jump to content


Going to court with Wargaming


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Law_lS #1 Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:30 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 25970 battles
  • 1
  • [ROLAW] ROLAW
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

Hi everyone,

I will tell you my story with World of Tanks because I am looking for other players are who in the same situation and who are willing to start a lawsuit with Wargaming as there maybe at least a few thousands people.

 

I have been playing this game since 2011 and I have spent a few thousands euro on it. I've been a loyal player, I have my own clan and I have never done anything wrong to deserve such a treatment.

 

Current situation:

-Wargaming has permanently blocked my account under the false pretext that I broke the fair play policy.

- My support ticket hasn't been registered into the system and I have received no answer.

- Not receiving any refunds for my money blocked inside the game.

- No answer on my email to support@wargaming.net.

- Contacting @WargamingEUCS on twitter, I got a reply from  "Fer P" saying: "I am afraid that these suspensions are final, so we cannot accept any appeals."

- Wargaming is refusing to allow me to talk to a manager or give me any contact details for my lawyer.

- They refuse to explain why my account has been suspended. The Customer Support is non-existent.

- Presumption of innocence for their customers does not exist.  You pay for a service, they take your money, then forbid access to the virtual product, ban you then they don't care. That's what any european law would call Fraud, theft and an online scam under the umbrella of an online game but we'll have a court decide.

 

I am going to have a big budget for taking Wargaming to court under the Consumer Protection Act as I consider their actions incredible, immoral and illegal. I'll make this case world known.

If there are any there players in a similar situation or you are aware of such cases please reply or contact me.

 

 

 



Trostani #2 Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44000 battles
  • 830
  • [TDSTX] TDSTX
  • Member since:
    11-16-2012

:popcorn:

There was many on this forum threatening lawsuits but nobody yet send info about success. 



Jigabachi #3 Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17746 battles
  • 17,621
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

1. Spending "thousands of Euros" on a computergame is stupid. Spending it on a computergame like this is... I'm not allowed to say what I think.

2. What the hell did you spend all that money on? You only own five tVIII premium tanks...

3. What mods did you use? You didn't mention that at all.

4. Did you read the gamerules/fair play policy rules?



BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:09 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22194 battles
  • 8,090
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostLaw_lS, on 11 May 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Current situation:

-Wargaming has permanently blocked my account under the false pretext that I broke the fair play policy.

Did you not get smaller bans before this last one?



TsundereWaffle #5 Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:27 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 25821 battles
  • 10,734
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
If you manage to get your account permanently blocked then you’ve done something seriously wrong. Anyways, go ahead with the lawsuit, would be amusing to watch you lose your money :v

PeacefulBlackGuy #6 Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:19 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7023 battles
  • 8
  • Member since:
    04-16-2017
Cateva mii de euro ?  Ce plm esti camatar ?

250swb #7 Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20777 battles
  • 4,576
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostLaw_lS, on 11 May 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

I consider their actions incredible, immoral and illegal. I'll make this case world known.

 

 

It should be pointed out your fellow players consider cheating immoral and illegal. And cheating is defrauding fellow players, robbing them of credits and stats, how about we all get together and take you to Court?



wsatnutter #8 Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:26 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 23981 battles
  • 7,012
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

View PostLaw_lS, on 11 May 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

I will tell you my story with World of Tanks because I am looking for other players are who in the same situation and who are willing to start a lawsuit with Wargaming as there maybe at least a few thousands people.

 

I have been playing this game since 2011 and I have spent a few thousands euro on it. I've been a loyal player, I have my own clan and I have never done anything wrong to deserve such a treatment.

 

Current situation:

-Wargaming has permanently blocked my account under the false pretext that I broke the fair play policy.

- My support ticket hasn't been registered into the system and I have received no answer.

- Not receiving any refunds for my money blocked inside the game.

- No answer on my email to support@wargaming.net.

- Contacting @WargamingEUCS on twitter, I got a reply from  "Fer P" saying: "I am afraid that these suspensions are final, so we cannot accept any appeals."

- Wargaming is refusing to allow me to talk to a manager or give me any contact details for my lawyer.

- They refuse to explain why my account has been suspended. The Customer Support is non-existent.

- Presumption of innocence for their customers does not exist.  You pay for a service, they take your money, then forbid access to the virtual product, ban you then they don't care. That's what any european law would call Fraud, theft and an online scam under the umbrella of an online game but we'll have a court decide.

 

I am going to have a big budget for taking Wargaming to court under the Consumer Protection Act as I consider their actions incredible, immoral and illegal. I'll make this case world known.

If there are any there players in a similar situation or you are aware of such cases please reply or contact me.

 

 

 

 

bye bye cheater

Gremlin182 #9 Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 45377 battles
  • 7,498
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

This is an impossible situation and the thread will be locked soon enough.

You need to find someone who knows the laws on this and see who has to prove their case.

I doubt you can prove WG banned you unfairly 

Wargaming are the only ones who can possibly have some sort of proof.

 

I think its a lose lose situation the cost to you would be considerable and what you would get back should you win would be very little.

I will know more if I am ever in your position.

 

Question when you did contact them did you rant and curse them or stay calm if the former its no wonder you didnt get a reply.


Edited by Gremlin182, 17 May 2018 - 03:44 PM.


250swb #10 Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20777 battles
  • 4,576
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostGremlin182, on 17 May 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Wargaming are the only ones who can possibly have some sort of proof.

 

 

As it's a permanent ban it isn't his first ban, so at the very least WG have a track record of his previous cheating shenanigans.



Three_Rounds_Rapid #11 Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32699 battles
  • 508
  • [W__F] W__F
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015

View PostLaw_lS, on 11 May 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

I am going to have a big budget for taking Wargaming to court under the Consumer Protection Act as I consider their actions incredible, immoral and illegal. I'll make this case world known.

 

 

OK I'll bite, just out of curiosity, a big budget from where? You will have to take them to court in Cyprus where there is no provision for financial assistance for civil proceedings.

Anyhow be sure to come back in 7-10 years once the case is dealt with in court in Cyprus and let us know how you got on.



Jigabachi #12 Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17746 battles
  • 17,621
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Looks like WG already sent some killers...




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users