Is it possible Frontline can make WOT fun again?

Frontline.match making tier spread corridor maps.

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Is it possible Frontline can make WOT fun again? (140 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to see Random battles with no tier spread?

1. Yes (95 votes [66.43%])

Percentage of vote: 66.43%

2. No (48 votes [33.57%])

Percentage of vote: 33.57%

Would you like to see Frontline stay as is but with a different tier 5-10 each month?

1. Yes (93 votes [66.43%])

Percentage of vote: 66.43%

2. No (47 votes [33.57%])

Percentage of vote: 33.57%

Would you like to see more Frontline style non corridor maps in Random battles?

1. Yes (123 votes [87.86%])

Percentage of vote: 87.86%

2. No (17 votes [12.14%])

Percentage of vote: 12.14%

Vote Hide poll

the_nebuchadnezzar #61 Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50174 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Ok. So, after a great weekend at country side I started the week with a good feeling. Because of this I decided to give FL another try. Bad idea. Played 2 games: one defending, one attacking. It's clear that defenders have a great advantage, the map is not balanced, which is crap. Airstrikes and artilery strikes are pure cancer. Low FPS, lags and feeezes are so bad it makes you break the PC. And, the cherry in top: WG gave tier 8 tanks to every single monkey in the game, most of which never played above tier 3 or 4. 

Bottom line: FL is a big fail and I see no reason one would play it, except those clan members that make millions of credits with their boosters.

Edited by the_nebuchadnezzar, 14 May 2018 - 05:25 PM.

BodyGuardOfLies #62 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 87852 battles

View Postsuperfly2000, on 14 May 2018 - 01:29 AM, said:

Is it possible Frontline can make WOT fun again?

Yes, the potatoes love this mode. Its great for them. They can finally just drive around aimlessly and "play for fun" and then just respawn. Its a win-win for them.

I'm not gonna vote in this mostly biased poll btw.

About corridor maps, its so funny, cause the crying kids brought that on themselves. They where crying about accuracy like 5 years ago. So WG "listened to the community" (aka crying kids) and made accuracy better. Then they had to rebuild ALL maps in the game because any tank could snipe all of a sudden. Naturally crying tomatoes that didnt get the spotting system and got rekt quickly also increased the need for corridor maps so that the spotting system could be more or less taken out of the game.

I don't know if I should cry or laugh anymore. The crying kids WANTED these corridor maps (at least indirectly)...and now you don't want them anymore...make up your mind?

"I'm not gonna vote in this mostly biased poll btw."    That's ok neither the poll nor I give 2 hoots if you do or don't. 

"I don't know if I should cry or laugh anymore. The crying kids WANTED these corridor maps (at least indirectly)...and now you don't want them anymore...make up your mind?"  I never liked corridor maps but then I am not a crying kid.

BodyGuardOfLies #63 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 87852 battles

View PostAxelfoley666, on 14 May 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

I think one of the reasons people are liking FL so much is that tier 8 does not feel like the whipping boy for a short while. 

I have to agree not just tier 8 but all tiers. The tier spread is just a bad idea that causes frustration and resentment.

Mr_Burrows #64 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47112 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 14 May 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

Ok. So, after a great weekend at country side I started the week with a good feeling. Because of this I decided to give FL another try. Bad idea. Played 2 games: one defending, one attacking. It's clear that defenders have a great advantage, the map is not balanced, which is crap. Airstrikes and artilery strikes are pure cancer. Low FPS, lags and feeezes are so bad it makes you break the PC. And, the cherry in top: WG gave tier 8 tanks to every single monkey in the game, most of which never played above tier 3 or 4. 

Bottom line: FL is a big fail and I see no reason one would play it, except those clan members that make millions of credits with their boosters.

Mode is great. Implementation however has some... issues. The one I am thinking of is exactly the thing about "lend lease" tanks. 

I also stand firm by saying that anyone on the team with a Löwe is a waste of a game slot. I have yet to see one good player playing the Löwe. 

But as a whole? Great, great game mode! This is the first time for ages that I actually long for playing WoT again. I thoroughly enjoy this! I get reked in my Skorpion G? Oh fine, I jump into my EVEN and get revenge! Should I get hammered in that one, my Lorraine is next up. After that my Skorpion is (most of the time anyway) ready for battle again. 

EVEN is bad for credits, but incredibly fun to play. Skorpion is amazing at hoarding in credits. And Lorraine is, as always, situational. And as always I suck in it, but still like it. 

the_nebuchadnezzar #65 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50174 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostMr_Burrows, on 14 May 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

Mode is great. Implementation however has some... issues. The one I am thinking of is exactly the thing about "lend lease" tanks. 

I also stand firm by saying that anyone on the team with a Löwe is a waste of a game slot. I have yet to see one good player playing the Löwe. 

But as a whole? Great, great game mode! This is the first time for ages that I actually long for playing WoT again. I thoroughly enjoy this! I get reked in my Skorpion G? Oh fine, I jump into my EVEN and get revenge! Should I get hammered in that one, my Lorraine is next up. After that my Skorpion is (most of the time anyway) ready for battle again. 

EVEN is bad for credits, but incredibly fun to play. Skorpion is amazing at hoarding in credits. And Lorraine is, as always, situational. And as always I suck in it, but still like it. 

Great mode? Mmmm... not really. At least IMO. Does have potential, I agree, but needs alot of work before it can truly worth playing it.
PS: At least I manage not to lose credits this time around. On the first game today I even end up with 150.000 profit thx to my WZ 111 - which, by the way, it„s a nice tank for this mode. 

Baldrickk #66 Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 31337 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
Hmm. So it turns out that when you pick up some momentum on defense, right at the start, the Russian tuner limiting the number of tanks the enemy can have makes it pretty easy.
Played a battle yesterday, started off fairly normal.  Capping attempts, decaps, but then wee pushed them back. On all three starting zones.
We pushed them right back onto the beach and only stopped there because of the instadeath guns, piled up around the entrance to the zone, with their repair point right behind us, and just say there killing them.
I even braved crossing the line to pick up a couple of kills - turns out you can survive a hit if you are lucky.

BodyGuardOfLies #67 Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 87852 battles

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 14 May 2018 - 08:31 PM, said:

Great mode? Mmmm... not really. At least IMO. Does have potential, I agree, but needs alot of work before it can truly worth playing it.
PS: At least I manage not to lose credits this time around. On the first game today I even end up with 150.000 profit thx to my WZ 111 - which, by the way, it„s a nice tank for this mode. 

You see I told you that you would like it

Gazzxy #68 Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:03 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 5016 battles
  • [TMRD] TMRD
It could but no one PLAYS front lines they just camp in inappropriate defence/attack position farming damage they dont care about the game or winning as someone trying to win it inst fun...... I may spend my next game just pushing these [edited]off their stupid clifs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users