A question about this months TOTT TT (thats a lot of Ts) line..

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Mike_Mckay #1 Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20266 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
So I have a choice of either carrying on working through the  SU101 or using most of my 70k earned (not converted) free XP to move up to the 263

But I can only find reviews of the s63 at tier 10. So my thinking was that if the 263 wasn't a noticeably easier grind than the 101 I might as well carry on doing my 19.5k per day needed to finish the grind before the end of the month. But if the 263 is a much better tank tier for tier it might be worth skipping a few days with some of the free XP to get to it sooner

So is the 263 a better tank tier tier for tier or pretty much the same now that its been beaten with the nerf bat before being dropped down a tier?

Cheers

Flavortown #2 Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16158 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Save your free xp for the modules. "elited" 101 is better than stock 263

Mosjmosh #3 Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38309 battles
I really don't enjoy Object 263. Potato gun on potato platform. Su 101 was annoying, but i think i liked that one better.

Mike_Mckay #4 Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20266 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostFlavortown, on 12 May 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

Save your free xp for the modules. "elited" 101 is better than stock 263

I had been planning to just keep enough for the tracks tbh then earn the rest

Isnt it the same as the top 101 gun but with a higher ROF though?

Flavortown #5 Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16158 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostMike_Mckay, on 13 May 2018 - 12:23 AM, said:

I had been planning to just keep enough for the tracks tbh then earn the rest

Isnt it the same as the top 101 gun but with a higher ROF though?

no idea, played 263 when it was tier 10.
Stock tanks are bad no matter what

Mike_Mckay #6 Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20266 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostFlavortown, on 12 May 2018 - 11:30 PM, said:

no idea, played 263 when it was tier 10.
Stock tanks are bad no matter what

Some are just plain dreadful lol, stock guns two tiers lower than the tank so they are effectively playing -4 tier games when bottom tier

But as I don't worry about stats I prefer to unlock the tank early rather than save the free XP for most of the modules then I just chip away at them with the daily x2s tbh till theyre playable

RamRaid90 #7 Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21398 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostMike_Mckay, on 12 May 2018 - 11:45 PM, said:

But as I don't worry about stats

Classic :trollface:

arthurwellsley #8 Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:50 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51721 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Use free exp only for modules.

I played the SU101 after free exping the modules. It was an alright casement td nothing special. Sold it once the grind was finished.

Bought the Object 263. Stock it is horrible. Used free exp on the modules. It's more fun to play than the SU101 once fully upgraded. But I think this is more to do with tier IX's being generally better balanced than tier VIIIs.

Quintuss #9 Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26487 battles
  • [DIVA_] DIVA_

The whole line is one of the worst in the game. SU85 and SU100 are of course ok, but then...

Su100M (i played it before the changes) was just meh - turretless without gun depression simply hurts on most maps.

SU101 is an awefull grind to the topgun, then it is fine gunwise and has okish armoutr too - however no gun depression at all make it a PITA.

O263 is of course trash when stock (needs all modules badly) but afterwards it just isn't any fun to play.  The armours is 100% troll - one game you bounce 5k next game everybody pens. Anything other than UFP is paper and ANY HE at all crippels you. A tier 7 just throwing HE randomly at you has a decent chance to set you on fire, break engine and ammo-rack,....

If the tank at least had enough traverse not to be inistant dead when rushed by someone i'd even forgive it the bad gun (gunhandling is ok but the DPM is horrible and lack of proper premium-ammo means that you cannot properly deal with super-heavys.

VarzA #10 Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20324 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostMike_Mckay, on 13 May 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

So I have a choice of either carrying on working through the  SU101 or using most of my 70k earned (not converted) free XP to move up to the 263

But I can only find reviews of the s63 at tier 10. So my thinking was that if the 263 wasn't a noticeably easier grind than the 101 I might as well carry on doing my 19.5k per day needed to finish the grind before the end of the month. But if the 263 is a much better tank tier for tier it might be worth skipping a few days with some of the free XP to get to it sooner

So is the 263 a better tank tier tier for tier or pretty much the same now that its been beaten with the nerf bat before being dropped down a tier?

Cheers

I'm in the same position but i don't have the free xp to spare (reserved for the 105mm on the UDES).

SU-101 blows by default and it will blow less when you get the 122mm (it's a copy of the T-10 122mm).

263 inherits that gun, but the major problem of the 263 is that it has a very crappy engine stock, so if you can ... unlock the engine when you get it.

The 130mm can be grinded later, but your grind will be very hard if you don't have the engine.

PS: I plan to just get the 263, and play it for the dailies until i get engine and gun.

Mike_Mckay #11 Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20266 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostVarzA, on 13 May 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

I'm in the same position but i don't have the free xp to spare (reserved for the 105mm on the UDES).

SU-101 blows by default and it will blow less when you get the 122mm (it's a copy of the T-10 122mm).

263 inherits that gun, but the major problem of the 263 is that it has a very crappy engine stock, so if you can ... unlock the engine when you get it.

The 130mm can be grinded later, but your grind will be very hard if you don't have the engine.

PS: I plan to just get the 263, and play it for the dailies until i get engine and gun.

Ahh hadn't been too fussed about the engine tbh so that's helpful

I'm down to 49k left to unlock the 263 after my 23k earned yesterday so Ill just plod on and try to do that in 2 days as its only a game or two extra per day in the 101 and save the free XP for the engine and tracks then cheers

I (we) don't have the luxury of just doing the x2s though, there is 19 days left till the end of the month with 358k to earn to elite the 263 plus my 49k on the 101, so without using any free XP that's 21k per day, although I had planned to skip the engine completely and unlock it after getting the 268 v4 as I have started retraining a second crew onto a TOTT line then they leapfrog each other throughout the event so I can carry on unlocking unnecessary modules on the previous tank with daily x2s whilst moving forwards with the higher tank as it saves a lot of time on some lines

I started the month needing 24k per day to JUST unlock the tier 10 on the 31st, now I have that down to just 19.7k per day, so with using the free XP for the engine and tracks that leaves me a super easy 17.7k although I will have to earn 4-5k or so without the engine as the two come to 79k and I only have 72k and change saved up so far but that's not a big deal

So cheers for clearing that up for me, 2 more days to earn the 49k, free xp the tracks, a few games with that set up then free XP the engine. Sorted :)

Mike_Mckay #12 Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20266 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View Postarthurwellsley, on 13 May 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

Use free exp only for modules.

I played the SU101 after free exping the modules. It was an alright casement td nothing special. Sold it once the grind was finished.

Bought the Object 263. Stock it is horrible. Used free exp on the modules. It's more fun to play than the SU101 once fully upgraded. But I think this is more to do with tier IX's being generally better balanced than tier VIIIs.

That would make sense if I was bothered about stats or if I was only working up a handful of lines at once although there have been some tanks where they stock equipment has been so dreadful or its had  a gun 2 tiers below the tank tier where I have

but as I am working up every single line at once I just don't earn the free XP quickly enough to do that with every single line so I tend to try and hoard the free XP I earn mostly to have at hand for TOTT events where theres an obvious deadline in case I fall behind on one or miss a few days because of work

So yeah in an "ideal" world it would be peachy, but with free XP only being 5% you don't generate anywhere near enough to do that unless you are only working up a few lines or unless you play a lot of time in premium tanks then use gold to convert the XP but I use the accelerated crew training on my premiums and elited tanks instead although I did wipe out the stock pile of convertible XP I had to get the deathstar before it was removed which has been my only exception so far where I unchecked the ACT on some premiums to earn it more quickly along with the silver to buy it

But for non TOTT lines I really cant waste the proper free XP on them unless a tank is unplayable and the only downside is that it hammers stats which isn't really a downside, I also only use gold to retrain a commander when moving to a new tank (except for TOTT events too), which also hammers stats

So I tend to do a LOT of games with a mostly 75-100% crew in a stock/partially upgraded tank across every line that isn't the current or next TOTT line everytime I move up to the next vehicle, so my stats dip with each one and then build up to around where they were until I unlock the next one and play stock with a 75% crew again lol, Although I do speed the crew training up with premium tank x2s so its really not that bad getting the rest of the crew to 100%

But if I was bothered about stats then yeah your way is better, I would also fully train the whole crew to 100% in a new tank or overtrain them in the previous tank which I also don't do as retraining them in premiums after moving them saves their crew training and earns more silver than the same games would do in a TT tank that is only elited

So whilst I can see the reasoning and value in your suggestion it doesn't make as much sense when stats are irrelevant and when every single line is being progressed at once as the free XP just doesn't spread that thinly if you can see that :)

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 13 May 2018 - 03:24 PM.

Mike_Mckay #13 Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20266 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostRamRaid90, on 13 May 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

Classic :trollface:

Why?

Other than just checking they are "crawling" in the right direction I really don't lol

I am doing every line simultaneously, I don't 100% my crews in a new tank or overtrain them in previous tanks, I don't free XP modules on most tanks all of which severely impact stats

I also don't "linger" in elited tanks but move straight up to the next tank which also impacts stats as the "best" performance is generally when the tank is fully upgraded

Nor do I bother with any tier 10 tanks once the TOTT 50 voucher thing is completed as I just switch back to all the lines I haven't got to tier 10 yet

Hell I don't even pad my stats with OP TT or premium tanks and only use them when they suit a mission or when I have a newly moved crew at 75% to train up

When I have unlocked all of the tanks in every line though THEN I will chug back through the lines at my leisure getting each tank at least to 50% and trying for mastery or MOEs, but until then theyre really not important

So if I did "care" about stats I wouldn't do ANY of those things as they all have a negative impact on stats

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 13 May 2018 - 03:36 PM.

VarzA #14 Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20324 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostMike_Mckay, on 13 May 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

Ahh hadn't been too fussed about the engine tbh so that's helpful

I'm down to 49k left to unlock the 263 after my 23k earned yesterday so Ill just plod on and try to do that in 2 days as its only a game or two extra per day in the 101 and save the free XP for the engine and tracks then cheers

I (we) don't have the luxury of just doing the x2s though, there is 19 days left till the end of the month with 358k to earn to elite the 263 plus my 49k on the 101, so without using any free XP that's 21k per day, although I had planned to skip the engine completely and unlock it after getting the 268 v4 as I have started retraining a second crew onto a TOTT line then they leapfrog each other throughout the event so I can carry on unlocking unnecessary modules on the previous tank with daily x2s whilst moving forwards with the higher tank as it saves a lot of time on some lines

I started the month needing 24k per day to JUST unlock the tier 10 on the 31st, now I have that down to just 19.7k per day, so with using the free XP for the engine and tracks that leaves me a super easy 17.7k although I will have to earn 4-5k or so without the engine as the two come to 79k and I only have 72k and change saved up so far but that's not a big deal

So cheers for clearing that up for me, 2 more days to earn the 49k, free xp the tracks, a few games with that set up then free XP the engine. Sorted :)

Unless you desperately need the 268 4, i would not count towards completing the grind.

2 reasons for that :

1 - you can always buy the 268 4 next month, it will be 1.7m extra but that's like 5-6hs of playing t8's at most

2 - 268 4 will get nerfed; while it won't make it utter garbage (it is russian after all and lots of ppl used free xp to get it, wg won't want to make those ppl feel cheated), it won't be the same OP pwnmobile it is now.

With these nerfs, the t10 is usually hit, but i doubt they will hit the 263 or the 100m1, which are also very very OP in that line.

RamRaid90 #15 Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21398 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostVarzA, on 13 May 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

2 - 268 4 will get nerfed; while it won't make it utter garbage (it is russian after all and lots of ppl used free xp to get it, wg won't want to make those ppl feel cheated), it won't be the same OP pwnmobile it is now.

With these nerfs, the t10 is usually hit, but i doubt they will hit the 263 or the 100m1, which are also very very OP in that line.

I'm glad someone sees it as a nerf.

It's been tickled with the "nerf feather" It will make no difference what-so-ever.

Mike_Mckay #16 Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20266 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostVarzA, on 13 May 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

Unless you desperately need the 268 4, i would not count towards completing the grind.

2 reasons for that :

1 - you can always buy the 268 4 next month, it will be 1.7m extra but that's like 5-6hs of playing t8's at most

If time wasn't finite then I would agree with you lol

But its not

So even one unnecessary hour is still unnecessary, its an hour I could have spent grinding that same XP on another line

Plus most of my games aren't in premium tanks, many aren't with fully upgraded tanks or even with 100% crews so it would take a LOT longer than that unless of course I spent even more unnecessary hours playing premiums to earn the money I could save now by then also not playing other TT lines but instead just earning silver in premiums, time I would then have to make up on the other lines too

So instead I focus on TOTT tanks for the silver (and time) savings and any other tank class or line that is discounted or has specific ops running for them because combined it adds up to 100s if not thousands of hours saved simply by approaching the game with efficiency as part of the plan

And I don't technically "want" the 268, I want ALL of the tier 10s and every tank below them elited. So every discount, XP or crew training mission I can make use of I do to speed up the process of unlocking all of the TT tanks in as little time as I can and as I am often rushing for a TOTT tank from as low as tier 5 or 6 the cumulative savings add up and the last one is bigger than all the others combined so "for me" it makes perfect sense to complete it within the month purely for the savings and to have the full following month to earn the boosters

But that's just me, everyone has their own aims in the game so their approach will reflect their aims

VarzA #17 Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20324 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostRamRaid90, on 13 May 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

I'm glad someone sees it as a nerf.

It's been tickled with the "nerf feather" It will make no difference what-so-ever.

They will probably increase the nerf, or let the tickle happen and nerf more later.

A nerf has to happen, the question is weather or not they made enough money yet from 'valued players' (read stupid whales) free-xp-ing to it. :)

View PostMike_Mckay, on 13 May 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

But that's just me, everyone has their own aims in the game so their approach will reflect their aims

Yeah, i'm a bit more flexible, i hate td's but i need a few good td's for missions and stuff, and i think that the Strv 103B might be the safer bet for me (Foch B as well).

So i think i'll be happier with getting the 263 and selling the SU-100M1/SU-101.

Edited by VarzA, 13 May 2018 - 09:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users