Frontline Tactics NoKillCapAll

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

VeryRisky #1 Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:57 AM

General

• Player
  • 17126 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I had a game last night where the attacking side pushed into cap A for the off and had the cap at 75% plus before the defenders got them spotted.  They had about 8+ tanks in the circle I think and of course none of the defenders had the spotter/arty/airstrike ready so no chance of a decap by then.   B went red shortly afterwards and were heading from loss from there on in.

So great tactics from the attackers who  seem to have got over their fear of the cap circle, but the defending teams are starting to have a harder time of it and need to get more tanks near the cap and not all sit trying to snipe from 450m.

Suurpolskija #2 Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18344 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
Last couple days attackers have been winning a lot. I guess it's got to do with this can-do attitude for capping. It's good, i like it!

CmdRatScabies #3 Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:16 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35441 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSuurpolskija, on 13 May 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

Last couple days attackers have been winning a lot. I guess it's got to do with this can-do attitude for capping. It's good, i like it!

Not so good for damage/credit farming - long slow drawn out battles for a cap seem best for racking up the big numbers.

Vule777 #4 Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21400 battles
If you have campers in team then defend is better. Just played couple games, 2 times attacking, first time we win after 5 min, second time we lose after 15 min.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63685 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
The worst and most boring games are when you defend all 3 first zones, or your team don't take them. No damage, no prestige, no credits. Even if you farm some easy "yolo cap" damage. It's the matches they manage to take it and push past it, dragging the game past the 20 min mark that are worth it. Win or lose. As I would rather lose after 20 min, then win with no bonus time added as a defender. Even with the win bonus you get less. As I'm farming credits and crew XP for the most part. Not getting any of that defending cap all the time on the first line I've noticed.

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 May 2018 - 02:15 PM.

Tankyouverymuch2 #6 Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28942 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Had a funny bloke couple days ago insist on farming damage instead of capping, even after telling him the point of this mode is to cap all the bases and get all the extra time, to ensure a less stressfull end-game.

He didn't listen, I assume most of the team didn't either, we lost...imagine that.

UrQuan #7 Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19173 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Th best games for me are usually the ones where 2/3 caps get taken early & then the slugfest begins to take one of the caps in the mid row. This is for both offense as defense. The ones where attackers barely get out the starting locations, or where the attackers steamroll towards the objectives are far less interesting fun, XP & creditwise (albeit the steamroll of objectives does assure a rather short FL game, so it balances out imo)

Dorander #8 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

The upside of a fast win/loss is that you can just press the Battle button again... it all adds up.

I think though that it's designed to be slightly easier for the attackers to take the first bases. Especially A is hands down easy to take as long as you don't have a team that decides to camp on the hill next to the spawnpoint and lets two enemies yolo into the capcircle to blow up the one capping... that totally hasn't happened to me... twice...

WhoCares01 #9 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11525 battles

View PostDorander, on 14 May 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

The upside of a fast win/loss is that you can just press the Battle button again... it all adds up.

I think though that it's designed to be slightly easier for the attackers to take the first bases. Especially A is hands down easy to take as long as you don't have a team that decides to camp on the hill next to the spawnpoint and lets two enemies yolo into the capcircle to blow up the one capping... that totally hasn't happened to me... twice...

I think B is easiest to yolo cap, because defenders basically have to enter the capzone themself to kill the capper(s) behind the house.

A is second best - quite often a lot of defenders go to the left farming ridge line that can't shoot at cappers behind the first rock at the entrance to the A cap. To engage those capper(s) effectively, it is mandatory to have defenders on the right flank, where they are much more exposed and might get pushed/distracted by yolo attackers on their flank, giving the capper(s) enough time to cap. Or A assault puts multiple tanks side by side just behind said rock, basically providing hard cover to the innermost capper right next to the rock. Only arty can hit such a protected tank, especially if it is a light/medium covered by a heavy tank (wreck).

C on the other hand rarely can be yolo capped, and it is more down to a fail of the defenders, than superior tactics by the attackers. One or two tanks with good gun depression and turret armor below C cap on the right can farm any capper and only fear farty and gold spam in return. Add some flanking fire from the left, and the yolo cappers are doomed. Potential attackers on top of the hill can't hit those defenders underneath them.

Yolo capping with 6+ tanks might be an option at all fronts simply because there's to much HP to eleminate in the available cap time, but I have never seen that executed properly on my flank...

Edited by WhoCares01, 14 May 2018 - 03:54 PM.

Frostilicus #10 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:50 PM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22421 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 13 May 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Had a funny bloke couple days ago insist on farming damage instead of capping, even after telling him the point of this mode is to cap all the bases and get all the extra time, to ensure a less stressfull end-game.

He didn't listen, I assume most of the team didn't either, we lost...imagine that.

Exactly the same yesterday, someone in T44FL says at start of the battle "I snipe" - we are the attacking team, of course...

Lose :)

the_Haba #11 Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26327 battles

Had several games yesterday where the team mates at C (attacking ofc) didn't manage to cap it at all. They just went and got farmed by defenders, for solid 25 minutes.

Defenders were reinforcing C from B, while we capped A fast and pushed into their objectives. Meanwhile the guys were still engaged in their stalemate at C. r00fles!

Capping/decapping should probably be rewarded a bit more. At the moment few players are willing to take the risk.

Hellfoxe #12 Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22591 battles

View PostVeryRisky, on 13 May 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

I had a game last night where the attacking side pushed into cap A for the off and had the cap at 75% plus before the defenders got them spotted.  They had about 8+ tanks in the circle I think and of course none of the defenders had the spotter/arty/airstrike ready so no chance of a decap by then.   B went red shortly afterwards and were heading from loss from there on in.

So great tactics from the attackers who  seem to have got over their fear of the cap circle, but the defending teams are starting to have a harder time of it and need to get more tanks near the cap and not all sit trying to snipe from 450m.

First problem are coward players who don't know died to hold the zone. I see more snipers then ever. You don't win games without scarafice and taking damage.

Hamsterkicker #13 Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32463 battles
  • [TEAMB] TEAMB
on A i keep telling the team to push past the cap. Not sit behind it. If you push past A it creates a shield so that the defenders can not get to you in time.

Dorander #14 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostHamsterkicker, on 15 May 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

on A i keep telling the team to push past the cap. Not sit behind it. If you push past A it creates a shield so that the defenders can not get to you in time.

It's baffling that there are so many people who don't understand this, even after you explain it to them. It should be the most obvious thing in the world, but I fear the primary thought in people's minds is "my tank, my tank, my pretty pretty tank".

View PostFrostilicus, on 14 May 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

Exactly the same yesterday, someone in T44FL says at start of the battle "I snipe" - we are the attacking team, of course...

Lose :)

Truth be told if someone spawns the battle in a T44FL I don't expect anything from them, they apparently don't have tier 8 tanks worth driving so they're either inexperienced or incompetent (or worse, both).

Axelfoley666 #15 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21792 battles
  • [TWD] TWD
It's annoying when someone signals for help holding a flank. You go to help and they run off and leave you to get spanked or they let you hold the enemy up while they farm damage from a different area completely. :angry:

Dorander #16 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostAxelfoley666, on 15 May 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

It's annoying when someone signals for help holding a flank. You go to help and they run off and leave you to get spanked or they let you hold the enemy up while they farm damage from a different area completely. :angry:

Yeah, and then they point to their damage stats and tell you that they carry games :trollface:

Axelfoley666 #17 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21792 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostDorander, on 15 May 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

Yeah, and then they point to their damage stats and tell you that they carry games :trollface:

Tru Dat.

trrprrprr #18 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23634 battles

View PostWhoCares01, on 14 May 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

I think B is easiest to yolo cap, because defenders basically have to enter the capzone themself to kill the capper(s) behind the house.

A is second best - quite often a lot of defenders go to the left farming ridge line that can't shoot at cappers behind the first rock at the entrance to the A cap. To engage those capper(s) effectively, it is mandatory to have defenders on the right flank, where they are much more exposed and might get pushed/distracted by yolo attackers on their flank, giving the capper(s) enough time to cap. Or A assault puts multiple tanks side by side just behind said rock, basically providing hard cover to the innermost capper right next to the rock. Only arty can hit such a protected tank, especially if it is a light/medium covered by a heavy tank (wreck).

C on the other hand rarely can be yolo capped, and it is more down to a fail of the defenders, than superior tactics by the attackers. One or two tanks with good gun depression and turret armor below C cap on the right can farm any capper and only fear farty and gold spam in return. Add some flanking fire from the left, and the yolo cappers are doomed. Potential attackers on top of the hill can't hit those defenders underneath them.

Yolo capping with 6+ tanks might be an option at all fronts simply because there's to much HP to eleminate in the available cap time, but I have never seen that executed properly on my flank...

Best is when 90% of the attacking team @ B go to that hill.....we manage to cap it after other lines capped two of each already and rolled to our side. Sometimes feels like this game is played by some lab monkeys.

The_Georgian_One #19 Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34480 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
It's a very valid strategy for the A&B caps and I often do that. It's easier to farm later on.

KaNeaS #20 Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17625 battles
  • [MOARR] MOARR

One of the most frustatring things is the game ending and you at 1 hit of general/major and the game "rewards" you with the same as one who have just reached that rank... so sad.

And people stomping the attackers and ending the game with lieutenants at best... is not worth it. They don't understand that there has to be a balance or let the attackers do something in order to farm more?

Edited by KaNeaS, 19 May 2018 - 01:26 AM.

Also tagged with Frontline, Tactics, NoKillCapAll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users