Remove friendly fire

friendly fire

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Friendly FIRE OFF (83 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should wargaming remove friendly fire in random?

1. Yes, it is very bad for gameplay (34 votes [39.08%])

Percentage of vote: 39.08%

2. No, its fun when your teamate shoot at you (53 votes [60.92%])

Percentage of vote: 60.92%

Vote Hide poll

Spurtung #21 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 73919 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View Postjabster, on 14 May 2018 - 06:42 AM, said:

How can it be biased when you can vote for both options?

Touché.

Homer_J #22 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32344 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postslitth, on 14 May 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

So you are OK with being banned if you encounter too many recklessness teammates that drive in to your line of fire?

Funnily enough it's not happened to me yet.  I suspect that is because most players know that it's not a good idea to drive into the line of fire.  Now what do you think will happen if you make it safe to drive in the line of fire?  I don't really want to be spending a few thousand credits on a shell for it to disappear into thin air because hey, team mates are invulnerable.

Graeme0 #23 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29887 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M
Yet another heavily biased poll  FFS

vasilinhorulezz #24 Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27903 battles

Sorry, but there are more efficient and effective ways to troll your teammates that shooting them,

this is what needs fixing.

slitth #25 Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13845 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostHomer_J, on 15 May 2018 - 07:52 AM, said:

Funnily enough it's not happened to me yet.  I suspect that is because most players know that it's not a good idea to drive into the line of fire.  Now what do you think will happen if you make it safe to drive in the line of fire?  I don't really want to be spending a few thousand credits on a shell for it to disappear into thin air because hey, team mates are invulnerable.

As far as I have encountered, recklessness players are absolutely fearless because of their ignorance.

No matter what we do they are gonna drive into the line of fire.

But I prefer not to have to pay for such recklessness in terms of credits that go in to paying their repair bill, and a notation of friendly fire.

BravelyRanAway #26 Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24333 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postslitth, on 14 May 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

So you are OK with being banned if you encounter too many recklessness teammates that drive in to your line of fire?

22k battles and hasn't happened yet......so...a bit too much hyperbole there.

If it was removed, there will come a time when you come around a corner and facehug an enemy and any of his team that can shoot the corner will let fly with everything they have and you'll die because you can't use him as a shield because they don't need to be careful with their shots.

thiextar #27 Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15481 battles

If i shoot at a friendly, make it so that i do that damageroll against myself rather than him. Job done, perfect solution.

Reason why this is better than no ff, is because i cant just willie nillie fire near my allies.

slitth #28 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13845 battles
  • [AL-EU] AL-EU

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 15 May 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

22k battles and hasn't happened yet......so...a bit too much hyperbole there.

If it was removed, there will come a time when you come around a corner and facehug an enemy and any of his team that can shoot the corner will let fly with everything they have and you'll die because you can't use him as a shield because they don't need to be careful with their shots.

I see it all the time, so much so that I have learn to have a good fire control.

Without that I would probably have gotten a ban.

But promoting good fire control it important.

So I understand what benefits friendly fire adds to the game.

But it also add some negative to the game as well.

The best solution would to reword the friendly fire system.

I just can see how to do it.

The problem is that no matter how it done, some people will find a way to abuse it.

Right now if I come around a corner and facehug an enemy, I am actually prevent my team from helping me effectively.

I might even do it intentionally because I want to farm the damage.

Or I can lose the fight because one from my team decides to ignore the risk and shot anyway.

They might even shoot me because they want to punish me for blocking their line of fire.

There is so many ways that this can hurt the game and there are just as many ways that it will hurt the game if it removed or changed

Perhaps this is one of those thing that is better to reward good behaviour than punishing bad.

Perhaps a mission that reward you with something each time you have 5 game where you did not shoot an ally or got shot by an ally.

You could also add a immunity for one shot of friendly fire with a 3 minute cool-down.

So the first shot you take from an ally does nothing, but 5 seconds after getting hit a you get a 3 minutes debuff where you can take friendly damage.

That should protect from accidental team damage, but will still prevent players to be too liberal with their shots.

Edited by slitth, 15 May 2018 - 08:16 PM.

Also tagged with friendly fire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users