When can we expect the game to get into state as it was before glorious 1.0 patch?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

zero_fox_given #1 Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3752 battles

when i saw wot rolled 1.0 patch i wanted to try it out but since there were so many changes i created new account so i would learn maps as i progress the tiers.

but maps are not only what changed and im starting to get really annoyed by the issues which appeared/came back in 1.0 patch.

spoting:

previously it was that further the enemy was from you, the less frequently the game checked for the presence. so it would easity happen that you get spoted and enemy not if he had the luck and peaked in between the ticks.

they improved it but now i guess something is screwed again as many times i noticed the enemy tank in the middle of the area which i was spoting and normally i would have spoted him as he moved around the corner

bushes:

u just cant rely on the bushes anymore and you need to peak and back and watch for 6th sense to kick in to be sure.

its increadible frustrating mainly when you grind new cre without the skills.

this also used to be issue in old wot and certain bushes were just bugged....having no way how to check the density of the bush except for his size is just WG way...

cheezy map layouts:

some maps like fishermans bay promote cheezy gameplay by rushing into bushes in the middle to snipe enemy heavies who move to their spots. well, they can always take longer route but this just plays into cards of the cunts in their T67 and similar pos tanks who just prey on 45% noobs

tech issues:

still having some games when i load into game at the time it starts and others like 10 seconds before countdown starts. they still didnt sort it out obviously.

i also sometimes get DC-ed. that is ok but game just dont do shitt for 30 seconds until i realizes it is DC-ed. like make it 10s max and lets move on...

DracheimFlug #2 Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

Ah yes, obviously the game was perfect before 1.0. Not sure where you get the idea that spotting check frequency was based on distance. Got anything backing that up? I think spotting used to be a little less frequent but that was a couple years ago, nothing to do with this patch.

As for bushes and map layouts, they are new maps. You need to learn them. You are again a noob. Don't blame the maps.

It is higher res so higher system demands are expected. Have you tried turning down your settings ?

sgtYester #3 Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54380 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

bushes work better now imo, the trouble is with the rework of maps it that  a lot of them have snipe/spotting spots so heavies cant move to an area without getting spotted and/or hit within the first 40 seconds of a battle

up to the point where some maps u have a clear advantage, most obvious one is cliff, when u start bottom of map where meds/ligths can fire away at heavies when the go left and up the cliff 

Jigabachi #4 Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDracheimFlug, on 13 May 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

Ah yes, obviously the game was perfect before 1.0. Not sure where you get the idea that spotting check frequency was based on distance. Got anything backing that up? 

It is indeed based on distance. You can most definitely read it in the wiki.

Don't remember the exact numbers, but it's something like every 0,5 seconds for close range and every 2 seconds for longer range.

Sooo... that part about "spotting in between the checks" is highly unlikely to happen.

Rozbrus #5 Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9496 battles

View PostsgtYester, on 13 May 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

bushes work better now imo, the trouble is with the rework of maps it that  a lot of them have snipe/spotting spots so heavies cant move to an area without getting spotted and/or hit within the first 40 seconds of a battle

up to the point where some maps u have a clear advantage, most obvious one is cliff, when u start bottom of map where meds/ligths can fire away at heavies when the go left and up the cliff 

Funny, I see the exact opposite. Maps where it was easy to snipe are redone so TDs are useless.

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRozbrus, on 13 May 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Funny, I see the exact opposite. Maps where it was easy to snipe are redone so TDs are useless.

Erlenberg says hi. North is full of bushes especially that sniper hill in the northeast corner of the map...hills have been removed to give them more line of fire. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 13 May 2018 - 02:53 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:54 PM

General

• Player
  • 29393 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Things were better in the good old days, when I was a boy.

Renesco #8 Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21319 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View Postzero_fox_given, on 13 May 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

i wanted to try it out but since there were so many changes i created new account

WHY

zero_fox_given #9 Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3752 battles

View PostRenesco, on 13 May 2018 - 03:12 PM, said:

WHY

because on old account i had all tanks i wanted + campaign ones too and no motivation to grind new lines, for sure not for stats, i had better on old one

Jigabachi #10 Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:32 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postzero_fox_given, on 13 May 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

because on old account i had all tanks i wanted + campaign ones too and no motivation to grind new lines, for sure not for stats, i had better on old one

And now, as you started a completely new account, you have more motivation to grind new lines... or the old ones you already had? Stronk logic.

zero_fox_given #11 Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3752 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 13 May 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

And now, as you started a completely new account, you have more motivation to grind new lines... or the old ones you already had? Stronk logic.

why do you talk about something you don't understand?

yes, i had my old tanks, prem tanks everything i needed to waste the time in game and i was lazy to grin anything new because it was always easier to log in, play with the noobs in the tanks i knew well and had good crews

now i have topgun on french tier8 TD, where i managed to grind trough words TD line in game and having tier8 in every class...slowly but surely geting up the foodchain

im about to complete campaign for t28HTC and use the crew...

this is fun for me, not to play tanks i know...besides, the more tim i spend away from tier10 cancer, the better

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users