REVIEW: Type 62 (After the light tank rebalancing)

Youtube Video Review Light Tank Rebalance

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Cobra6 #1 Posted 13 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Today we are reviewing the Type 62 premium light tank *AFTER* the light tank rebalancing changes. How does it compare to the other light tanks nowadays and is it worth the money? Find out by watching the video!

Cobra 6

Search_Warrant #2 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25990 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

*press play* *looks at 24 min video* *holy sh*t*

I find it odd how you say "its competative" you say that against its own tier LT's? or in tier 7 in general? as for tier 7 as a whole, its in a bad place, 1 tier above the power gap is insane. these 145pen tanks gold cant even reliably pen tier 8 "armored" tanks. never mind tier 9! you cant pen front of T29 with that! and that stupid tank gets a impenetrable turret front.

145pen at tier 7 is disgusting IMO, that pen is tier 6 worthy, not 7. also, its not a burst tank nor high alpha tank. so again IMO its not a good tank, no velocity just a cherry on the top of being bad. crappy HP/T and a sluggish "LT" is what REALLY grinds my gears, sluggish LT's are no excuse, other none prems got engine buffs, tanks like this got nothing and it keeps its crap pen.

No LT is worth it currently. Low hp with Low mod HP and bad guns with poor dpm ( Type62 at least gets some decent dpm..others not so much). packed together multi dead crews/mods for HE to ruin in 1 single hit. no armor and no reason to exist, mediums are superior in every way beyond 7 just for the hp alone.

Type62 is OK. but then again its in the same tier as 57GF and T71 DA, they dominate even tier 7 meds.

Edit: i find WG's balance department incompetant and disgust me to no end. powercreep within a tanks own tier is just mind blowing.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 20 May 2018 - 04:15 PM.

Jasper115 #3 Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24022 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 20 May 2018 - 04:51 PM, said

Type62 is OK. but then again its in the same tier as 57GF and T71 DA, they dominate even tier 7 meds.

Edit: i find WG's balance department incompetant and disgust me to no end. powercreep within a tanks own tier is just mind blowing.

I think this Tank is very competitive, I never notice the pen issues unless its vs a type 4 or O- Ho, It absolutly dominates lower tiers, is very strong in T7, and has good firing on the move and Camo to allow you to become a nuisance in Higher tiers.

Cobra6 #4 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Well, you do need to fire quite a bit of premium ammo against higher tier heavies but the HEAT itself is good, the accuracy of the gun is what makes most shots at range plunge into tracks/do 0 damage.

The Type62, like the WZ-131 has effective camp and is pretty good and snapshotting (it's no T92 but it's quite good at landing shots). I notice that most of my snapshots and shots on the move hit, now they don't all pen of course but in a light tank, sometimes hindering enemies and making them reluctant to turn is just as important as doing damage.

Personally I don't get why it needs 145mm pen instead of 159mm (I say that in the video as well) or why it does 180 damage per shot instead of the 200 of the WZ-131 and I'd like it to have a bit more mobility (Power to weight) but the DPM does aid you in a lot of situations.

I find this light very playable and also very enjoyable which is why it's worth it for me.

Cobra 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users