Jump to content


Clicks Battle


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

MyArmorIsGolden #1 Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6596 battles
  • 216
  • Member since:
    09-06-2015
MM finds a match under 1 seconds. This is why wot mm is worst. Literally has no filters.

Jigabachi #2 Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17746 battles
  • 17,622
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
You are not entirely wrong. But remember that it's sunday afternoon, a time where a lot of players are online.

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:33 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36087 battles
  • 3,890
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

I find it depends entirely on the tier I'm playing - sometime straight into battle, other times it's a 20-30 second wait.


 



Strappster #4 Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23565 battles
  • 8,752
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015
OP raises an interesting question. If WG were to do nothing but add a delay of 20-30 seconds before putting you into a battle, would there be fewer complaints about match-making as more players would think some factors were being taken into account other than their tank tier and type?

jack_timber #5 Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31165 battles
  • 1,600
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

There is a cure you know...

Don't click battle....

But seriously if you are bottom tier play accordingly, I actually like being bottom tier especially in a TD, more of a challenge and looking at my WR it certainly is challenging but enjoyable.

So I don't bother about MM to much, if at all.



Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 18361 battles
  • 9,840
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostStrappster, on 13 May 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

OP raises an interesting question. If WG were to do nothing but add a delay of 20-30 seconds before putting you into a battle, would there be fewer complaints about match-making as more players would think some factors were being taken into account other than their tank tier and type?

 

No matter how long it takes me to get into a battle and i have a lot of times where i wait over 20s and even up to 30s.....the time you have to wait doesn't change what MM you get. It can be just as good or bad. Sometimes you get an instant battle and are bottom tier in a tier 10 game....or start with a tier 10 tank and get either an instant battle or 30s to get a one tier battle. 

Strappster #7 Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:32 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23565 battles
  • 8,752
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostEnforcer1975, on 13 May 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

No matter how long it takes me to get into a battle and i have a lot of times where i wait over 20s and even up to 30s.....the time you have to wait doesn't change what MM you get. It can be just as good or bad. Sometimes you get an instant battle and are bottom tier in a tier 10 game....or start with a tier 10 tank and get either an instant battle or 30s to get a one tier battle. 

 

Yes, I know. I'm wondering if an enforced delay would create a placebo impression on those who complain about match-making. When it's close to instant, the received perception is that no matching is being done so if there's a "working" delay, would those complainers find something else to blame?



Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:14 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36087 battles
  • 3,890
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postjack_timber, on 13 May 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

There is a cure you know...

Don't click battle....

But seriously if you are bottom tier play accordingly, I actually like being bottom tier especially in a TD, more of a challenge and looking at my WR it certainly is challenging but enjoyable.

So I don't bother about MM to much, if at all.

 

Same here, but my poison is LT's.

jack_timber #9 Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31165 battles
  • 1,600
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 May 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

 

Same here, but my poison is LT's.

Only one word to describe that scenario....

Don't suppose filter would let me post it though. :)



Erwin_Von_Braun #10 Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:06 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36087 battles
  • 3,890
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postjack_timber, on 13 May 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

Only one word to describe that scenario....

Don't suppose filter would let me post it though. :)

 

Always a PM :)

Enforcer1975 #11 Posted 13 May 2018 - 07:35 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 18361 battles
  • 9,840
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostStrappster, on 13 May 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

 

Yes, I know. I'm wondering if an enforced delay would create a placebo impression on those who complain about match-making. When it's close to instant, the received perception is that no matching is being done so if there's a "working" delay, would those complainers find something else to blame?

 

 

I guess it comes with how you were brought up...


Edited by Enforcer1975, 13 May 2018 - 07:39 PM.


TheComfyChair #12 Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6102 battles
  • 514
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017

View PostStrappster, on 13 May 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

 

Yes, I know. I'm wondering if an enforced delay would create a placebo impression on those who complain about match-making. When it's close to instant, the received perception is that no matching is being done so if there's a "working" delay, would those complainers find something else to blame?

 

Its a million to one chance but I think it might just work :honoring:

Geno1isme #13 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:03 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 40053 battles
  • 6,580
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostStrappster, on 13 May 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

Yes, I know. I'm wondering if an enforced delay would create a placebo impression on those who complain about match-making. When it's close to instant, the received perception is that no matching is being done so if there's a "working" delay, would those complainers find something else to blame?

 

Question is why people assume that waiting time would have anything to do with MM quality at all. Any MM algorithm can do matches in basically no time, or take minutes, depending on the available tanks in the queue. An algorithm with more rules just needs more data for a proper match. But more rules doesn't mean better quality at all either.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users