Why is WG making the game worse every change?

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37870 battles

map changes on steppes, erlenberg, fjords all made the maps worse

468v4

jap heavies

swede tds

arty buffs

massive over buffs to tanks then massive over nerfs, up coming 468v4 changes probably an exception to the latter as they so small not sure they make any real difference

lose Stalingrad/Kharkov but keep paris?

province map still too small and still so many areas of it unuseable wasted space (harbour etc)

grand battles

keep mines encounter but lose sand river assault

every single update seems to make the game worse and just dumbs the crapout of it down

Italian tanks seem ok and frontline looks a better effort and Pilsen removal shows that new maps which are bad can be removed, if only paris, new erlenberg, new fjords and new steppes get removed (in steppes case just give us back the old good map)

but overall since  have been laying the game its all been downhill since the intro of jap heavies, dumb the game down, remove any skill, make it pay to do damage and any reward for good gameplay just gone

Homer_J #2 Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28291 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You seem to be confusing opinion with fact.

I disagree with most of your points.

I actually like the new Steppes map for instance.

Bulldog_Drummond #3 Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:40 PM

General

• Player
  • 28959 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHomer_J, on 13 May 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

You seem to be confusing opinion with fact.

Opinions are ten a penny, and usually worth as much.

But not everything is grounded on fact.  If you were to ask me why I bought and sold in the stock market, which I do successfully, I would have to say that there was no science to it, just intuition.

firelars4 #4 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43931 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

I feel like players are only looking at what the company screws up. But for me it feels like the game is getting better with almost all updates.

the 268 4 was a mistake to introduce the way it is, but they are coming up with nerf for it (which I still don't think is enough)

the japanese heavies are indeed completely broken.

I thought the swedish TD's were a cool new line to the game.

It was a rework, not a buff.

Lately they have been doing more small nerfs/buffs than bigger ones. T-44, T-44-100 and T54 mod 1 got small buffs. SU-100M1 and SU-101 received big buffs though. in 9.21 there were a crapton of small nerfs/buffs aswell.

losing Stalingrad/Kharkov was a good change to the game, I'd like to see Paris go aswell though.

Agreed on Province.

The only thing I hate on mines is playing tier 9 and 10 the rest is fine for me. no problems with sand river assault for me.

Most updates go 2 steps forward but 1 step back. They add or change a lot of good things but also add something stupid most of the time.

Somnorila #5 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 55762 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU
I do like the physics and the graphics. I like that MM works fast and you get in the game swift. I like that the servers are up 99% of the time. The shop works fine, the portal and the forum are populated with constant news and info and are also up 99% of the time. Downloading the game or updates are pretty fast and easy. Support is pretty good bearing in mind that they are mostly with both hands tied behind their back and can't really do much. So the mechanics are up and running and in tip top condition. They did a great job till now. Sadly that's not "the game". That's the business side of "the game". And "the game" is BAAAAD. There is no clear game play besides everything goes and hope for the best. Maps, tanks, shells, basically almost everything which contributes to game play is not balanced and tied in a logical and clear way to lead towards a game, a fair game between two teams.

Fighto #6 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34850 battles
  • [TAC] TAC
The lack of change is the problem, Zero attempt to deal with bots, trolls or afkers. The biggest problem this game faces , is the player base with a 45% average win rate.

NoobySkooby #7 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12051 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 13 May 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

Opinions are ten a penny, and usually worth as much.

But not everything is grounded on fact.  If you were to ask me why I bought and sold in the stock market, which I do successfully, I would have to say that there was no science to it, just intuition.

Stocks and shares, are there any going for War Gaming, in fact just how financially stable as a company is War Gaming?

View PostFighto, on 14 May 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

The lack of change is the problem, Zero attempt to deal with bots, trolls or afkers. The biggest problem this game faces , is the player base with a 45% average win rate.

Have you been playing many years, I see people who have been playing many years with stats above 50% for the newcomers the stats are not going to be that high, it will take me for instance many years to accumulate the knowledge and skill that the unigods have.

Fighto #8 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34850 battles
  • [TAC] TAC

View PostNoobySkooby, on 14 May 2018 - 01:00 PM, said:

Have you been playing many years, I see people who have been playing many years with stats above 50% for the newcomers the stats are not going to be that high, it will take me for instance many years to accumulate the knowledge and skill that the unigods have.

I'm talking bout the 10k to 20k bracket , the game is full of them. It has got worse and worse and worse over the years. My dog would get higher stats than some of the players.

Keyanu #9 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9461 battles
  • [TE4RS] TE4RS

View PostNoobySkooby, on 14 May 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Stocks and shares, are there any going for War Gaming, in fact just how financially stable as a company is War Gaming?

Investing in gaming companies is risky. For safer options, look at shares that pay out dividends on a quarterly or bi annual basis and are long term. More often than not, the dividend percentage is more than any saving account will offer. For example, tobacco companies.

Edited by Keyanu, 14 May 2018 - 02:05 PM.

Dorander #10 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostFighto, on 14 May 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

Unless you want to claim that roughly 10% of all battles are draws (good luck proving that), this is equine excrement. Mathematically average winrate would be around 49,5% if the population is stable, due to normal population decay and influx it may vary a bit but always drift back towards this value because, you know, MATHEMATICS.

Fighto #11 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34850 battles
  • [TAC] TAC

View PostDorander, on 14 May 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Unless you want to claim that roughly 10% of all battles are draws (good luck proving that), this is equine excrement. Mathematically average winrate would be around 49,5% if the population is stable, due to normal population decay and influx it may vary a bit but always drift back towards this value because, you know, MATHEMATICS.

I also can look with my own two eyes, EYESIGHT.

jabster #12 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostFighto, on 14 May 2018 - 01:11 PM, said:

I also can look with my own two eyes, EYESIGHT.

So exactly what percentage of the player base have a 45% win-rate as this is the biggest problem the game faces?

StinkyStonky #13 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27631 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostFighto, on 14 May 2018 - 12:56 PM, said:

The biggest problem this game faces , is the player base with a 45% average win rate.

A far bigger problem is the advantage the unicorns have.

In the early days everyone was crap, everyone had rubbish crews and nobody knew the maps or the tanks.

Now, 7 years later and the unicorns have 7 skill crews and they know their tanks and the maps inside out.  They routinely achieve 60+% Win rate and have enough gold, Free XP and Credits to bet anything in the game they want.  So if a new line gets added or an old crap one gets a mega-buff, then they've got it within a few days max.

Find any player with a 3k WN8 or a 10k person rating and ask them .... "This tank, that map, that spawn ... where do you go ?  And they will immediately start clicking different spots on the map and adding provisos about the composition of the enemy team and where their team goes and what to do if this or that happens.  They will also add in where not to go and as the battle starts they can immediately start calling out players who are going to a bad locations because .

I on the other hand, start most games and as the map pops up often think, "oh bollox, where shall I go ?"

New players have no chance against the unicorns.

So when the enemy team has a 45% WR player, it doesn't matter.  It makes practically no difference.  The 65% WR player on your team will delete him in 2 or 3 shots if his WR is anything below 55%.

View PostKeyanu, on 14 May 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

Investing in gaming companies is risky. For safer options, ....

Pffft, who wants "safer options".  Bitcoin futures !!  That's where the money is !

Slyspy #14 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14194 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStinkyStonky, on 14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

A far bigger problem is the advantage the unicorns have.

In the early days everyone was crap, everyone had rubbish crews and nobody knew the maps or the tanks.

Now, 7 years later and the unicorns have 7 skill crews and they know their tanks and the maps inside out.  They routinely achieve 60+% Win rate and have enough gold, Free XP and Credits to bet anything in the game they want.  So if a new line gets added or an old crap one gets a mega-buff, then they've got it within a few days max.

Find any player with a 3k WN8 or a 10k person rating and ask them .... "This tank, that map, that spawn ... where do you go ?  And they will immediately start clicking different spots on the map and adding provisos about the composition of the enemy team and where their team goes and what to do if this or that happens.  They will also add in where not to go and as the battle starts they can immediately start calling out players who are going to a bad locations because <Reasons>.

I on the other hand, start most games and as the map pops up often think, "oh bollox, where shall I go ?"

New players have no chance against the unicorns.

So when the enemy team has a 45% WR player, it doesn't matter.  It makes practically no difference.  The 65% WR player on your team will delete him in 2 or 3 shots if his WR is anything below 55%.

Indeed good players will win more often than bad players. Sounds OK to me. 

Sfinski #15 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:50 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31366 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
They are incompetent. And incompetent people hire more incompetent people to work there. Vicious cycle. 

Rati_Festa #16 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42229 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 14 May 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

That statement isnt true at all. A player with above 50% wr one on one with a unicum will be a problem, as they know the basics. What unicums are good at is farming numerous noobs from a safe spot and basically removing guns from games.

Most unicums wont want to get in a trade war with a green player as they will hit back.

Your whole statement is just silliness as your basically attempting to put a negative on people who have put effort into being good at something. Ie progress 

If u were in charge we would still be living in caves and fighting with stone clubs.

I personally think the game has started to actually get better recently. Progetto, Frontline and face lift all good points for me.

gunslingerXXX #17 Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10945 battles

Milking the cow dry.

Just wait till its dried up completely and they sell what remains for meat, then it will get really ugly.

Bulldog_Drummond #18 Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 28959 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 13 May 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

468v4

jap heavies

swede tds

arty buffs

massive over buffs to tanks then massive over nerfs, up coming 468v4 changes probably an exception to the latter as they so small not sure they make any real difference

province map still too small and still so many areas of it unuseable wasted space (harbour etc)

grand battles

every single update seems to make the game worse and just dumbs the crapout of it down

Italian tanks seem ok and frontline looks a better effort and Pilsen removal shows that new maps which are bad can be removed, if only paris, new erlenberg, new fjords and new steppes get removed (in steppes case just give us back the old good map)

but overall since  have been laying the game its all been downhill since the intro of jap heavies, dumb the game down, remove any skill, make it pay to do damage and any reward for good gameplay just gone

Things were so much better in the good old days, when I was a boy.

Kirusawa #19 Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6112 battles
  • [CATI] CATI

View PostFighto, on 14 May 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

The problem with the afkers, the bots for me the players who scared to getting any dmg so for them better to dont deal any dmg cuz they can get some than as well. Im struggeling also with 46% but most of my tanks have moe even on the grille15 what a shame with 40% i know. But if the ppl with jap heavyes and these super heavyes standind next to the spg s. The team gonna fck up. The meds made for support mosty, support the havyes, but if they are not there the whole team must stand next to to arty? So these ppls gonna decrease you wr for sure. Im not a good player but at least im trying to do something and deal some dmg, thats the point in the game, not the hiding with types and mauses. So i cannot blame everyone who struggeling with 45 46% maybe they are good players only they have bad matches what nowadays not a suprise if you look how the most battles ends. 3-15 , 5-15 . If only one ppl plays hiding game the whole team got fcked up. And whole team get decrease their wr.

Bordhaw #20 Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11289 battles

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 13 May 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

468v4

jap heavies

swede tds

arty buffs

grand battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users