Spawn killing in Frontlines

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

DeadElviS #1 Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7391 battles
  • [-7AB-] -7AB-

As per the title, it's getting a bit much now that people know where to camp and kill people as they spawn, as attackers 'B' is by far the worst one to spawn in as they can fire from the left side straight in and when there's 3-4 firing at once it's just so unfair.
Anyone else experienced this?

Be good if you could fix this WG as Frontlines is a superb edition to WOT :child:

Chull #2 Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31674 battles
Funny you say that as I found C to be best for spawn camping.

unwucht #3 Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14489 battles
  • [HOD] HOD

Yes, this is a very annoying tactic.

After a zone is won by the attackers, an air strike comes in that literally kills every enemy in the zone. BUT if a defender drives back into the conquered zone after the air strike already happened, this air strike is not triggered again.

On the other hand, if an attacker drives into a non conquered zone D, E, F  or the objective area if none of D, E, F have been captured, an NPC artillery fire kills them. 

The real question is: Is this working as intended? Imho, the conquered areas should be "safe zones" for the attackers, as well as the zones for the defenders are. But maybe this is on intention to encourage light tanks to disturb the enemy supply lines and camp the respawn and repair circles?

An official answer would be nice to see here. 

The frontline mode is great, though, but that's no reason to not improve it further :)

Edited by unwucht, 13 May 2018 - 11:18 PM.

Strappster #4 Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 23936 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Was watching a streamer earlier this week (no name, no shame) who was spawn camping hard and made a lighthearted but fairly spirited defence of it as a valid tactic because it's in the game and WG wouldn't have allowed it otherwise. He then went on a five-minute rant about arty without acknowledging even the slightest hint of irony.

DracheimFlug #5 Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles
People have to learn that they can choose where they spawn.... 

Strappster #6 Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:43 AM

General

• Player
  • 23936 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDracheimFlug, on 13 May 2018 - 11:35 PM, said:

Not when the other channels are full.

SlenderMoose #7 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 57446 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-

View PostStrappster, on 13 May 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

Was watching a streamer earlier this week (no name, no shame) who was spawn camping hard and made a lighthearted but fairly spirited defence of it as a valid tactic because it's in the game and WG wouldn't have allowed it otherwise. He then went on a five-minute rant about arty without acknowledging even the slightest hint of irony.

Yupp, I watched the same thing... wonder if it was the same streamer. 

Jigabachi #8 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDracheimFlug, on 14 May 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

That won't fix the spawncamping. 

In the worst case it makes the sectors completely inaccessible, which pretty much means that you'll have no chance to win. 

Hamsterkicker #9 Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33971 battles
  • [TEAMB] TEAMB
What about the attackers repair zone on C.. that is most of times completely unusable. 

DracheimFlug #10 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 14 May 2018 - 02:10 AM, said:

That won't fix the spawncamping. 

In the worst case it makes the sectors completely inaccessible, which pretty much means that you'll have no chance to win. 

You lose access to the spawn points as you lose sectors, so for the defender, you cannot spawn in a sector already taken and spawning in one being contested should be dangerous.

As the attacker, if you do not take a sector fast enough, it is not unreasonable that you simply lose. Too many seem to have no clue that the mode is about capturing and defending sectors, not about killing all the enemy tanks.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

A is by far the safest, B is not bad. Issue is that the cannons shooting after they cross the line around the hill, fire to rarely and even do too little damage. So peaking over B to kill arty and taking a 200 damage hit is usually worth it.

C is by far the worst if the attackers 100% ignore the hill above cap on the left side, making it way harder to take it. As on C they can stand on top of the ridge line looking down at the beach, aiming right at spawn... behind the safe line. And C is usually the one that is taken last of the 3, and is usually abandoned first. And I've seen that go into a 2 vs 10 area rather fast. And by then, the other two lanes are locked. So there is only one place to spawn, and if you don't want to. The game forces you to later to die in a few seconds. 

And thus why I hate it when I get C as the attacker. It turns out like that 6 out 10 times at least.

Edited by Balc0ra, 14 May 2018 - 08:45 AM.

Teluminos #12 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 7430 battles
  • [KITSU] KITSU

I kinda agree its the only flaw in an otherwise really amazing mode.

Some resupply points are way to exposed in the early game if the points are camped.

I feel the attacking points should all be covered on the 1st point and inaccessible for the attackers there.

Cause I seen when the front collapses and they get there with those repair incentive its even less likely to be turned around cause everyone then tries so abandon the flank.

Same with Arty cap camping.

I do feel many players really use arty well but when your trying to cap especially on C and F your already under heavy fire in little cover so they just spam that cover with arty and annihilate anyone trying to cap there.

So basically in a nutshell:

1.) Attackers should get flat out God mode in their spawn on the first line, no attacker should be this far up so they could abuse it and as soon they leave it it vanishes, this way you get at least a chance to Position yourself well without being set on fire the moment you spawn (wich did happen to me).

2.) On the regular spawns after attacking they should get a reload based invulnerability, so they get enough time to react and if needed try to counter those campers there.

3.) Arty and Plane Call in should not be possible in cap circles for the defenders, some points this is way to abusuable and the attackers are literally unable to do anything about that.

They already often get enough spots to camp to make those points hard to take if the Attackers manage to find a blind spot then well they gotta rush in manually wich promotes more active play by the Defenders.

Edited by Teluminos, 14 May 2018 - 10:12 AM.

Ceeb #13 Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:59 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30222 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostSlenderMoose, on 14 May 2018 - 12:18 AM, said:

Yupp, I watched the same thing... wonder if it was the same streamer. 

​Yep... saw it too... thought it was a infamous thing to do... :)

Emulated it straight away...   Saw it as no difference as the allies getting off the beach on D-Day

Dorander #14 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18184 battles

I honestly thought that after you'd taken a zone and the enemy had to flee or bombard, they wouldn't be able to return without once more getting bombarded... simply because that would've made sense. So I was a bit surprised when in one of my defending games, I saw people pushing the enemy back into an already conquered zone. I don't think tanks that cross the line should insta-die as that'd create some really iffy gameplay, but getting a free artillery strike on their heads for being in a captured area every 30 seconds seems like a reasonable solution.

As for the very first base spawn camping... I don't think I've ever seen a situation where I couldn't spawn at 1 other front. I also think that if you get pushed back that hard, there's little point in prolonging the match. I've also seen situations where the defenders were spawncamping C so hard, they gave up A, B, D and E to do so, realized they were actually going to lose, rushed back to defend, and we took C and F anyway for extra time and won.

Spawncamping's a pretty mixed blessing.

Dosjer007 #15 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 619 battles

View PostStrappster, on 13 May 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

Was he an unicum?  Something tells me yes he was...

L0ddy #16 Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 83947 battles
  • [TWD] TWD
I just exit when "skilled" players start to spawn rape.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users