• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

skero #1 Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25865 battles
  • [UNI_C] UNI_C

Are just mess.

Everyone even 45% bot can level very influential X tank.

Playing X tier mostly get you to battle tier XI.

And almost everyone wants to play X. It is the best, cherry on the pie, isn't it? You got the top!

But for me last tier in this game which should be something kind of special became uber trash.

With more and more tomatoes who finally got there it is being unbearable.

These people have no clue how to play last tier/power tanks and keep ruining the games behaving like playng tier IV. Yolo with anything or just not leaving cap, etc.. Not one player in the team but more and more no brainers there. And with more and more really bad players reaching last tier it is sad that no one gives a damn.

But I guess this is what WG wanted. No requirements, no responsibility.

Just set the economy in a way that almost everyone who are maintaining more X tanks needs to pay to play that cherry on a pie.. Money first of course.

And this is result. Total mess in end game content. For a longer time Im not feeling any good vibe from it. Those games became ridiculous and silly. Those people just don't care. Not losing anything.

Why last tier cannot be something special? Rewarding?

Why they cannot introduce skill based games just for this tier or ranked battles style?

Tomatoes and bots would be happy together. And if they improve can go higher.

Totally legit.

Something that would contribute to overall gameplay quality of last tier battles.

Strappster #2 Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:42 PM

General

• Player
  • 23913 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
TL;DR - waaaah, I can't pwn noobs in their tier 8 and 9 tanks like I want to, it's soooo unfair.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29179 battles

View Postskero, on 13 May 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

Why last tier cannot be something special? Rewarding?

Why they cannot introduce skill based games just for this tier or ranked battles style?.

If they did what makes you think you would qualify to be allowed to play at tier 10?

Jigabachi #4 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 13 May 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

If they did what makes you think you would qualify to be allowed to play at tier 10?

A very basic understanding of the very basic gamemechanics.

They should have introduced a progress system  years ago, with missions on every tier that every normal player would beat just by playing while the hordes of bad players would hang there for a while.

Heck... they could even have introduced the possibility to bypass it with gold. That would still have held back enough of the zombies to ensure a halfway normal gameplay.

CraftyVeteran #5 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4192 battles
but but but....higher tiers have higher skill levels.....lol.  No, they don't.  they're just as full of useless tomatoes as any other tier.

HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27223 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
tier 10 rewards camping "being patient"

unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18099 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

There is end game content? What makes you say that?

I can see that as one progresses up the tiers, the vehicles get more sophisticated, more powerful, and need more skill to play well in, and that the way of playing changes as mistakes are punished harder in higher tiers. Otherwise, in terms of enjoyment it shouldnt matter which tier you play. 

How do you know what WG have got planned for the future? What if they decide to produce a TXI or TXII? That means TX is n longer the "end game" you assume it should be. 

Treat all Tiers the same, and if you dont enjoy T8-10 then drop down a tier or two. 

clixor #8 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51423 battles

View Postskero, on 13 May 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

And almost everyone wants to play X. It is the best, cherry on the pie, isn't it? You got the top!

Almost is quite right, personally i don't have that much interest in playing tier10s. The grind TO a tier10 (xp and creditwise) for me is the challenge/goal. And secondary to master each tank/tier to the best of my capabilities. So in short tier10s are not per definition 'the best'. I could have as much fun playing a tier6 as a tier10. Although the higher the tier the more rewarding good gameplay ofcourse is.

malachi6 #9 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:19 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49881 battles

When did the word bot become a pejorative?  As  lover of the English language and the power of words some changes genuinely baffle me.  To me, a bot is an automated programme that duplicates some behaviours to attempt to avoid detection.  AFK is a player that is not playing at all, for whatever reason.  Now however, The term bot is used to describe bad players, average players good players having a bad game, a guy who has to answer the phone,someone who cannot be bothered to play the game and very rarely an automated programme designed to mimic a player.

When these people call me a bot when I am talking to them, literally confuses me, and I do not mean literally, figuratively. I have no issues with language evolving.  That is natural.  But to me this is devolving, having to attempt to determine a persons actual meaning is not the point of language.  People appear terrified to use words such as inept, lack of skill or poor.  Rather it has to be some weird insult.  Is it just epeen or moral superiority?  I must admit to feeling superior when I read such language.

Strappster #10 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 23913 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 14 May 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

tier 10 rewards camping "being patient"

It's true that you can't yolo in like a headless chicken in a tier 10 tank. If you try that as top tier, you're focused down, and if you try it in a full tier 10 battle you'll be cancelled by those with more patience. There's a different meta to tier 10 battles, partly because the repair costs are significant but it requires the player to learn a different way of playing.

I'm not saying that it's right, merely that's how it is. I'd like to see more end-game content for tier 10 vehicles, particularly for those of us who aren't particularly bothered about fighting clan wars in a team of flavour-of-the-month tanks against another with the same roster.

View Postmalachi6, on 14 May 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

When did the word bot become a pejorative?  As  lover of the English language and the power of words some changes genuinely baffle me.  To me, a bot is an automated programme that duplicates some behaviours to attempt to avoid detection.  AFK is a player that is not playing at all, for whatever reason.  Now however, The term bot is used to describe bad players, average players good players having a bad game, a guy who has to answer the phone,someone who cannot be bothered to play the game and very rarely an automated programme designed to mimic a player.

When these people call me a bot when I am talking to them, literally confuses me, and I do not mean literally, figuratively. I have no issues with language evolving.  That is natural.  But to me this is devolving, having to attempt to determine a persons actual meaning is not the point of language.  People appear terrified to use words such as inept, lack of skill or poor.  Rather it has to be some weird insult.  Is it just epeen or moral superiority?  I must admit to feeling superior when I read such language.

I've always put it down to the reporting system having inaction and bot as the same option. Bots used to be tanks that logged into battle and didn't take any part, not even moving from spawn. While the sophistication of bot programs has improved, the language has remained.

Couple that with people trying to type while driving a tank and not everyone's first language being English, calling someone a bot is a lot simpler and more likely to be understood than claiming, "that player appears to be mostly inactive" or "I believe that chap isn't a chap at all, rather he's exhibiting the behaviours of a digital automaton!"

But if reading particular words makes you feel superior because you know some other words, that probably says more about you than the people throwing lazy insults.

malachi6 #11 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49881 battles

View PostStrappster, on 14 May 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

But if reading particular words makes you feel superior because you know some other words, that probably says more about you than the people throwing lazy insults.

I agree totally.  That Is why I commented upon it.  Apparently I did not convey that well enough.  I guess I shall have to work upon my English.

Edited by malachi6, 14 May 2018 - 02:18 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #12 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47048 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Tier x is end game content since you will never get clubbed by higher tiers, so this attracts many players that want to feel like they're good at the game. For  WG it is mostly meant to make revenue since it costs lots of silver. Don't play it if you are looking for the most balanced gameplay in the game. Don't like it? Don't play it. Easy solution.

TheOddRogue #13 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9988 battles

View PostStrappster, on 13 May 2018 - 10:42 PM, said:

TL;DR - waaaah, I can't pwn noobs in their tier 8 and 9 tanks like I want to, it's soooo unfair.

Problem is that playing tier 10 you get full tier X 80-90% of the time, which wouldn't be so bad if tier X balance wasn't in the worst state it has ever been. 

But I don't really care, I abandoned tier 10 long time ago.

Strappster #14 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 23913 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTheOddRogue, on 14 May 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Problem is that playing tier 10 you get full tier X 80-90% of the time, which wouldn't be so bad if tier X balance wasn't in the worst state it has ever been.

I think part of the problem is that you used to see a lot of complaints from tier 10 players about noobs penning them with gold from tier 8 premiums, then when something's done to redress that a large number of them stop playing tier 10 because they're getting full tier 10 battles all the time.

I agree that tier 10 balance isn't great right now but it's in a better position than tier 8 and a lot better than tier 5, which seems to be the new whipping boy when Frontline is running and they're stuck at the bottom of tier 7 battles repeatedly.

skero #15 Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25865 battles
  • [UNI_C] UNI_C

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 14 May 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

There is end game content? What makes you say that?

I can see that as one progresses up the tiers, the vehicles get more sophisticated, more powerful, and need more skill to play well in, and that the way of playing changes as mistakes are punished harder in higher tiers. Otherwise, in terms of enjoyment it shouldnt matter which tier you play. 

How do you know what WG have got planned for the future? What if they decide to produce a TXI or TXII? That means TX is n longer the "end game" you assume it should be. 

Treat all Tiers the same, and if you dont enjoy T8-10 then drop down a tier or two. 

For how long is wot here? And for how long is tier X here? This is changing MMO game so they can change anything they want. With your logic they would not change nothing ever.

And yes as tier X is last to research it is end game content for me. You cannot get higher atm.

Tier X is really different from other tiers. When you see tomato E100 who just throws the tank away and you are 2700 hp minus in first minutes it is only frustrating. You cannot simply substitute for such loss. And this happens a lot as they just don´t care or don´t know how to play to not be killed in first two minutes with super heavy tank. And I think no one can argue that this is mostly issue with players with bad statistics. They have bad statistics for some reason after thousands of battles.

As I said more and more bad players are reaching top tier and don´t give damn about how to really play or improve. If you play tier X and still in red something is wrong.

But I don´t want those players not to be able to play last tier.

Just do it like with ranked battles.

You get better (learned something) you go among better players. There was nice skill curve how you were able to maintain some rank even with bad luck on your side. Because number of battles will prove that you are influential for your team.

This is just about quality of gameplay. That I know that in certain point there is really small possibility someone will do stupid things just to ruin game for others.

I would rather lost 10 times in a row with good teams on both sides than playing 15:0 against 46% clueless people. That is just absolutely NO fun for me and just fail concept. Are people feeling better after it?

Edited by skero, 14 May 2018 - 04:18 PM.

skero #16 Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25865 battles
  • [UNI_C] UNI_C

View PostStrappster, on 13 May 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

You are shiny example. Thanks for your post. Responding to something you didn´t even read, that´s incredible.

skero #17 Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25865 battles
  • [UNI_C] UNI_C

View PostCraftyVeteran, on 14 May 2018 - 02:25 AM, said:

but but but....higher tiers have higher skill levels.....lol.  No, they don't.  they're just as full of useless tomatoes as any other tier.

Have I said something like that? Do you have problem with understanding a words?

skero #18 Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25865 battles
  • [UNI_C] UNI_C

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 14 May 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Tier x is end game content since you will never get clubbed by higher tiers, so this attracts many players that want to feel like they're good at the game. For WG it is mostly meant to make revenue since it costs lots of silver. Don't play it if you are looking for the most balanced gameplay in the game. Don't like it? Don't play it. Easy solution.

Yes but I can try to change something or at least point at it, can I?

clixor #19 Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51423 battles

View Postskero, on 14 May 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

Tier X is really different from other tiers. When you see tomato E100 who just throws the tank away and you are 2700 hp minus in first minutes it is only frustrating. You cannot simply substitute for such loss. And this happens a lot as they just don´t care or don´t know how to play to not be killed in first two minutes with super heavy tank. And I think no one can argue that this is mostly issue with players with bad statistics. They have bad statistics for some reason after thousands of battles.

This sums up the problem with tier10 pretty nicely and exactly the reason why i don't play tier10 that much. It's even more team dependent as losing a yolo-ing superheavy on your team like that (for nothing in return) WILL be punished really hard. It's the same with tier10 lights (competent vs tomato) and also tier10 tds.. Staring into nothingness for whole battle and then yolo-ing for nothing when everything is lost.

And remember, a 45% player will likely have something like 30% ish winrates in their tier10 tanks, so in fact dragging every single team they play on down.

skero #20 Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25865 battles
  • [UNI_C] UNI_C

View Postclixor, on 14 May 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

This sums up the problem with tier10 pretty nicely and exactly the reason why i don't play tier10 that much. It's even more team dependent as losing a yolo-ing superheavy on your team like that (for nothing in return) WILL be punished really hard. It's the same with tier10 lights (competent vs tomato) and also tier10 tds.. Staring into nothingness for whole battle and then yolo-ing for nothing when everything is lost.

And remember, a 45% player will likely have something like 30% ish winrates in their tier10 tanks, so in fact dragging every single team they play on down.

Exactly, thank you for actually reading my post.

And good about ranked battle was that it didn´t care about your statistics. You played well? You went up in some time. You played bad? You went down in some time. But you meeting the same player base overall.

Edited by skero, 14 May 2018 - 04:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users