38 replies to this topic

unwucht #1 Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14489 battles
  • [HOD] HOD

Dear WG, 

my fellow tankers, 

A few years ago, WG introduced the reporting system into WoT to give players the ability to report fellow players for reasons like offensive nicknames/chatbehaviour, unsportsmanlike conduct, AFK/Boting etc.

Up to now, I did not experience any consequences out of any report. Neither with any of the many players I reported (and usually I play in platoons, that means that the affected target players of a report get reported three times). Nor did I ever experience any result from being reported myself - and I consider myself to have the ability to be tremendously annoying if I put some effort into it, so I expect to have been reported quite some times.. 

My current theory is the following: 

The report system is not even functional. It will not have any consequence reporting a player, it will only calm the emotions of the players enfuriated by the player causing the report reason. 

What are your experiences with the report systems as players?

Can WG even give an official answer to this question?

Even more... can I have a look at the data about myself? Shouldn't I have the right to do so? Maybe WG data security officer can answer this question as well :)

I am aware of the official statement about the reporting system: 

https://na.wargaming...ot/articles/44/

Thanks, 

unwucht

Edited by unwucht, 13 May 2018 - 11:34 PM.

Steve8066 #2 Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12415 battles
my experience is it doesnt work.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29181 battles
WG have been forced to set the threshold very high due to the number of people spammming reports for reasons like 'outplayed me' and 'has better stats than me'.

So yes, it works, just not as well as it should do because of the collective stupidity of the player base.

Strappster #4 Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:06 AM

General

• Player
  • 23936 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Once upon a time, the reporting system worked as you'd think it should. Cumulative reports would result in players being given short bans for whatever infractions they'd committed.

This was fine and the system worked, until someone discovered that if you repeatedly reported arty players, they'd be given bans simply for choosing to play one of the tank types that's been in the game since the very start but it was arty, so many lols were had regardless.

Then someone else realised that what worked against arty could work against anyone if enough people were reporting them and thus we began to see complaints on the forum from blunicum and unicum players who'd been banned. This was not funny at all because we'd all be blunicum and unicum except for reasons and so the lols ceased.

And WG did look upon this and said unto the players, "Jesus Christ, you're a bunch of bloody children who can't be trusted with the least amount of responsibility" and they increased the number of reports required to trigger a ban to an unrealistic level with the result that reporting someone does little except act as a placebo to injured pride.

Although, and there is no basis for this except in speculation among hushed forum dwellers, recent months have seen a marginal increase in players complaining of a ban "for no reason", i.e. they weren't blue and banned by the TK system. This has raised some minor speculation in the far-off places where those players gather who understand that not everything in life and gaming is either 100% or nothing, which means it rarely gets talked about on here.

And SerB looked upon it and smiled for it was good.

Here endeth the lesson.

kaneloon #5 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:04 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28103 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC
Yeah it has its use : it calm down people who report.

ihateclowns #6 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31183 battles
  • [TROP] TROP
Of course it does not work, I got reported just for driving the Chrysler gf and just for driving the object 248v4. Do you honestly think wargamming would deal with that type of crap?

Jigabachi #7 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
We used to get several "Why I gotz baned? Unfair!"-threads per week, which was quite entertaing. These days we maybe get one every few months.

Sooo... yeah. It's a complete placebo.
But keep reporting people, so that the worst of the worst rulebreakers get banned at least.

jack_timber #8 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

I'm with Jigabachi on this one, placebo yes along with pretty pink text when used in battle.

Got team killed other day by Type 5 driving away from spawn, 1 shot was in T9 arty mebbe he didn't like arty, anyways he turned blue and stopped moving so can only presume it was auto ban kicking in. 

So TK's is working but apart from this other reports of 'rule infringement' unsure as to outcome, is it an accumulation of reports? Who knows.

lnfernaI #9 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 28862 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE
No it obviously doesn't. You first need to sacrifice to SerB.

Homer_J #10 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postunwucht, on 13 May 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

A few years ago, WG introduced the reporting system into WoT to give players the ability to report fellow players for reasons like offensive nicknames/chatbehaviour, unsportsmanlike conduct, AFK/Boting etc.

Up to now, I did not experience any consequences out of any report. Neither with any of the many players I reported (and usually I play in platoons, that means that the affected target players of a report get reported three times). Nor did I ever experience any result from being reported myself - and I consider myself to have the ability to be tremendously annoying if I put some effort into it, so I expect to have been reported quite some times.. 

So when you report people do you check on their account for several weeks to see if they have a day off?  Since WG stopped showing bans on the profile page that's your only indication anything has happened except for offensive nick, and we do know that works.

And do you think you deserve a ban?  If so for how long?

unwucht #11 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14489 battles
  • [HOD] HOD

View PostHomer_J, on 14 May 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

So when you report people do you check on their account for several weeks to see if they have a day off?  Since WG stopped showing bans on the profile page that's your only indication anything has happened except for offensive nick, and we do know that works.

Nice attempt to troll, Mr. Simpson. Appreciated :)

tbh I check some of the accounts I report occasionally, but I do not have a complete data set, as I still play WoT to PLAY it, and not to solely get other people banned. That's a bit too much Stasi for my likes.

View PostHomer_J, on 14 May 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

And do you think you deserve a ban?  If so for how long?

One of the most annoying moments in WoT for me was the patch when WG decided to remove public chat in battle. It was no longer possible to interact with the OpForce team. I liked that a lot. But overall, with the current situation no longer allowing some demotivated dead teammate to tell the location of his mates to the enemy team, it is probably better. 

Nevertheless, I like to tease extraordinarily offensive teammates. I am sure some of those were triggered to hit the report button (if they knew how to do it). Therefore, yes, I would very much like to see my personal reporting data.

Edited by unwucht, 14 May 2018 - 03:21 PM.

Homer_J #12 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postunwucht, on 14 May 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Nice attempt to troll,

Explain how it is an attempt to troll.

I wanted to know how you could be so certain that WG did not take any action.  It turns out you were guessing.

herefore, yes, I would very much like to see my personal reporting data.

Nice attempt to completely avoid answering the question.

Do you think you deserve to be banned and if you do then for how long.

unwucht #13 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14489 battles
  • [HOD] HOD

BTW, just searched a bit on the homepage. 

This is what I came up with: 

https://eu.wargaming...t/articles/898/

Seems like players will be able to assess the data WG is saving on them. 

Block Quote

Q. What information will I receive if I request data export?

If you request data export, you will get a copy of such data as your Account Data (your email, phone number (if we have it), registration date, account activation date); Content Data (your in-game chat messages, customer support tickets you have created, your comments on our sites (without attachments), information you provided for participation in competitions); Game-Related Information (your game statistics, information about participation in clans, in-game tournaments, etc.); Device Information (device settings, crash data, unique device identifiers).

Interestingly enough, this does not contain any reporting data...

Edited by unwucht, 14 May 2018 - 03:38 PM.

unwucht #14 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14489 battles
  • [HOD] HOD

View PostHomer_J, on 14 May 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

Do you think you deserve to be banned and if you do then for how long.

Nope, not at all.

Jumping_TurtIe #15 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6237 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Doesnt seem to work much anymore, but that is our own fault for abusing it.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #16 Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:49 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29181 battles
On the plus side these days if someone comes on here whining they've been banned you can be pretty certain in spite of their protestations of innocence that they are likely not just a spanner but in fact the entire toolbox.

Balc0ra #17 Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Up to now, I did not experience any consequences out of any report. Neither with any of the many players I reported (and usually I play in platoons, that means that the affected target players of a report get reported three times).

How so? Do you follow up on every one you report to see if they are still playing? PM them to see if they got chat banned a few days later?

If 3 reports from a platoon gave instant results. We all would be banned a few times by now. You kill one of them with arty, or one says "he cheats" and you land reports from the other two, should that be enough alone to ban anyone? Like team damage, system don't care about one hit wonders. Like the one game you had where you got 3 reports. And then nothing for weeks. It's the one that farms 3-4 every 3rd game they care about. As that's not butthurt reports.

I mean they removed the "cheat" report for a reason. Everyone used their 10 reports on the first one that hit them each day. And since most reports are just someone upset that he got killed by arty, or someone who don't understand game mechanics. You need a bit of leeway to filter those out. If not... as I said, we would all be on our 5th ban by now if it was that easy. 

Nor did I ever experience any result from being reported myself - and I consider myself to have the ability to be tremendously annoying if I put some effort into it, so I expect to have been reported quite some times..

I get PM's a few times a week, or even more then one a day simply saying "reported for cheating". Again on the point of lack of basic gameplay mechanics. So you think WG should take those into account to. The one hit wonder reports? Like team damage if you get 1 here and there you can get a clean slate rather fast by doing enemy damage. Or by not getting reports... the leeway thing again. If every report never went away. And you farmed one report here and there until you had enough for WG to take action. It would be to easy for platoons to abuse to name one.  As abuse is one reason why it is as it is. 

Tho that said.... I did get a PM once from a clan commander ranting about his clan mate getting a 30 day ban a few days after a rather nasty episode in chat where I reacted, and thus the ban was my fault. They were in a platoon. Some racial stuff appeared in cross chat. We reacted and reported it. So I suspect my and others report did work. Or he had several similar episodes like that from before making it stack up.

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 May 2018 - 10:46 AM.

unwucht #18 Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 14489 battles
  • [HOD] HOD

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 May 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

Tho that said.... I did get a PM once from a clan commander ranting about his clan mate getting a 30 day ban a few days after a rather nasty episode in chat where I reacted, and thus the ban was my fault. They were in a platoon. Some racial stuff appeared in cross chat. We reacted and reported it. So I suspect my and others report did work. Or he had several similar episodes like that from before making it stack up.

Thx for your feedback, Balc0ra.

Did you report the affected player by ingame reporting system or by ticket?

Yakito #19 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18872 battles
I don't know. I use all my reports every day on clickers and I doubt it works.

Jumping_TurtIe #20 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6237 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostYakito, on 15 May 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

I don't know. I use all my reports every day on clickers and I doubt it works.

You are one of the reasons it isnt working anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users