Anti-Bot Petition

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Maverick__1971 #1 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18699 battles
  • [B1C] B1C

For those of that have played for awhile we know the following about bots.

1.) They never miss and are always accurate

2.) There is no human error with them

3.) There reaction time is 0 meaning they are quicker than humans in responding or reacting.

4.) Any match-up in random battles regardless of Tier is complete dismal play when you have maybe 3 or 4 players and the rest are mindless bots with no decision making thinking process nor any directional sense of play.  You cannot get bots to work with you as a team that communicates with you. 

5.) With Bot play the random is pre-determined as to whom will win and how bad. (I cannot count that high as to how many bot matches I have had that have been major routs.)

6.) Last, since the new graphics patch, the losing streak players are experiencing is beyond dismal with bots.  The play of human interaction itself working with bots is terrible.  For me, unless a large population is on the server and active, I expect bot play and not much more.  Shaking my head at the stupid, mindless, lackluster play of bots.

So with all this done and said.  I am hereby posting a petition for no more bots in WoT play .  I am asking my fellow players to sign this petition and/or post in either agreement or disagreement there thoughts on the subject.  My hope is that enough will sign this petition that forces WoT to take some notice of this lack luster of quality play in the game and react to the negative approval rating of Bots being used. Hopefully Wot with make some improved quality changes if enough sign this or voice there thoughts.  That is the goal.  Thank you for your time and effort.  

lnfernaI #2 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27154 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

NoobySkooby #3 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6909 battles
Are we on about aim bots then or simply campers?

Maverick__1971 #4 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18699 battles
  • [B1C] B1C
I am referring to game bots not mods.  You play a random and only 3,4 or 5 players on the team are human.  The rest are game bots leaving the humans players up the creek most times.  Aimbot mods are an endless cheat that will never completely go away.  It will be nice (fair play) if they could but I don't think that could ever happen.

Edited by Maverick__1971, 14 May 2018 - 09:14 AM.

HugSeal #5 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

View PostMaverick__1971, on 14 May 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

I am referring to game bots not mods.  You play a random and only 3,4 or 5 players on the team are human.  The rest are game bots leaving the humans players up the creek most times.  Aimbot mods are an endless cheat that will never completely go away.  It will be nice (fair play) if they could but I don't think that could ever happen.

Tramp_In_Armour #6 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4193 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 14 May 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Are we on about aim bots then or simply campers?

I think he's talking about Bot bots. You know, the truly electronic kind that may one day take over the world. The ones that WG inserts into games deliberately to make you lose, because you must have done something nefarious like slept with the developer's wife/daughter/dog. Because they're watching you, you know. Play too well for too long, make the wrong comment on a forum, or simply refuse to watch RT news, and a minion in some control room somewhere will bring up your file, press a button and scream, "Send in the Bots!!!!!!!!!" And then you're finished, mate. Just get on your knees, and don't bother even praying to RNGesus, because that's rigged too. You're dooooooooooomed.

Alternatively, the OP can go back to taking his meds and remove the tinfoil hat. It's rather unsightly.

unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:25 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17409 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

As I cant recall seeing any like you have described, could you post a replay and point out a bot and explain what it is they are doing, so I can see just what you mean?

Balc0ra #8 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Reading your points, you make it seem like you lost playing vs them, not with them. As I can't say I've noticed any bot have 0 reaction time. As they usually react slower then even a real bad player. Then again... Even if WG does anything. Or your little petition worked. It don't prevent new accounts from using it, old accounts to start to use it, or removing it entirely.

And I can't even remember the last time I saw what we called a bot in the old days on mid and high tiers. I've seen a few waypoint bots on low tiers. But between all the bad there, it just seems like another yolo and nothing more. Thus harder to spot. But on high tiers? Can honestly say I can't remember the last time I did see one.

I've seen ppl not loaded in. Or that camps base waiting for damage to come to them. Even raging back in chat. But the household bot? No... It's not even near the bad it was at it's peak in 2012, early 2013 when waypoint bots even dominated tier 8 premiums. As they were easy to spot when you blocked their path or pushed them out of their camping spot by the way the AI "broke" trying to figure out how to get back to his location. Or the common "idle" bot that auto aimed any anything closer then 100m standing in the spot it spawned in, and never moved.

WG did counter that by adding the idle penalty to name one. Since they get zero xp now after a few games. It more or less died out.

Edited by Balc0ra, 14 May 2018 - 09:28 AM.

Dosjer007 #9 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 574 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 14 May 2018 - 09:25 AM, said:

As I cant recall seeing any like you have described, could you post a replay and point out a bot and explain what it is they are doing, so I can see just what you mean?

Most of the "bots" are actually stupid brainlets, or poor  people playing from shity pc and shity connections.

But I've seens actual bots myself. They usually try to shot at the enemy even if he is behind a rich line lol. Also. They move like bots. In straight lines and changing direction only when an enemy is spotted in another dir3ction

Homer_J #10 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27070 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMaverick__1971, on 14 May 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

3.) There reaction time is 0 meaning they are quicker than humans in responding or reacting.

4.) Any match-up in random battles regardless of Tier is complete dismal play when you have maybe 3 or 4 players and the rest are mindless bots with no decision making thinking process nor any directional sense of play.  You cannot get bots to work with you as a team that communicates with you. 

5.) With Bot play the random is pre-determined as to whom will win and how bad. (I cannot count that high as to how many bot matches I have had that have been major routs.)

6.) Last, since the new graphics patch, the losing streak players are experiencing is beyond dismal with bots.  The play of human interaction itself working with bots is terrible.  For me, unless a large population is on the server and active, I expect bot play and not much more.  Shaking my head at the stupid, mindless, lackluster play of bots.

7.) Anyone better than me is cheating.

8.) When I win it's skill, when I lose it's hax.

You missed some off, I fixed it for you.

HeidenSieker #11 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostMaverick__1971, on 14 May 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

So with all this done and said.  I am hereby posting a petition for no more bots in WoT play .  I am asking my fellow players to sign this petition and/or post in either agreement or disagreement there thoughts on the subject.

Where is this petition you're posting?

Maverick__1971 #12 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18699 battles
  • [B1C] B1C

View PostTramp_In_Armour, on 14 May 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

I think he's talking about Bot bots. You know, the truly electronic kind that may one day take over the world. The ones that WG inserts into games deliberately to make you lose, because you must have done something nefarious like slept with the developer's wife/daughter/dog. Because they're watching you, you know. Play too well for too long, make the wrong comment on a forum, or simply refuse to watch RT news, and a minion in some control room somewhere will bring up your file, press a button and scream, "Send in the Bots!!!!!!!!!" And then you're finished, mate. Just get on your knees, and don't bother even praying to RNGesus, because that's rigged too. You're dooooooooooomed.

Alternatively, the OP can go back to taking his meds and remove the tinfoil hat. It's rather unsightly.

Yeah I am referring to the Electronic kind...ya know the ones we soooooo learn to love and hate

divsmo #13 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30581 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Has someone been playing warplanes too much that the lines have blurred?

jack_timber #14 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31180 battles

Must be pretty good programming of these bots because they actually reply when you 'talk' to them.

Last time I conversed with one he said he was sniping problem was the battle had moved outside his render range.... Yep pretty clever:)

OIias_of_Sunhillow #15 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23368 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 14 May 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

Where is this petition you're posting?

A bot will be round later with it.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17589 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
Bots? You wish! Those are just bad players, that's worst. Bots would know where to aim, with wich ammo type, where to go to be effective and would cooperate at least with other bots. Just think at the halloween event: the npc played quite well! And those were just bot programmed for a short event. If WG had real bot ingame, they would update the algorithm to even better level...

OllieCromwell #17 Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:49 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40817 battles
  • [GENB] GENB

View Postjack_timber, on 14 May 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Must be pretty good programming of these bots because they actually reply when you 'talk' to them.

Last time I conversed with one he said he was sniping problem was the battle had moved outside his render range.... Yep pretty clever:)

fwhaatpiraat #18 Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44139 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Consider to be less stupid and less trash at the game. Kind regards.

Hardass #19 Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 32532 battles

View PostMaverick__1971, on 14 May 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

in the 30k + games i have played in this game and all the games i played as a Beta tester i have NEVER seen a game where 3-5 teammates are real players and the other two 3rds are BOTS you're telling us you have had a game where at least 10 players are botting on your team?

Yes there are bots in WOT but not as prolific as you suggest but then i am guessing  your the type of player that would report any one for being a bot if you didn't like the way they played.

Its all in your head Nugget

mpf1959 #20 Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10340 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Block Quote

I'm confused, I thought bots were useless players that don't do anything at all in a team, that's what the battle chat description of a bot is!

Now I see they're actually super players! Mind you, that being the case, I understand a garage message I received once asking, "are you a bot?" :B

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users