no tags today

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #1 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:41 AM

Major

• Player
  • 13200 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

Apart from Skirmishes and team battles (which i do enjoy) is there any point to being in one? The two I have been in one leader insisted, and still does that players TB at two in the morning, and the other clan never seemed interested in doing any TB's at all despite me asking for one.

Couple that with players of various levels form unicom gods to one's even worse than me, folk who just are not equipped for even the basics of team speak, (absolutely essential in any toon or team battles) are clans a good place to be?

Simeon85 #2 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:57 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

IMO you can get as little or as much out of a clan as you want and you then just chose a clan that meets your requirements.

Some people are in clans for social reasons, others are in them for full try hard team mode and clan wars, others are inbetween. 

A crap clan does not mean clans are pointless. 

StinkyStonky #3 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:14 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28441 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Here's what I get from being part of the Havoc community

Easy to find platoon mates.

Questions answered about best tanks, best equipment, best crew skills, etc.

Useful info/gossip about upcoming specials, etc.

Help completing personal mission.  The platoon missions are particularly easy when you have platoon mates (on TS) who shoot what you spot or spot for you or who take high alpha heavies ... depending on the exact requirement).

Regular involvement in Team Battles, Skirmishes @ T6, T8 and T10, Advances and Clan Wars.  We play most nights.

Easy to find legionnaires (from other clans in the community)

Chatting, joking, having a laugh with strangers who become friends.  Many of the clan plan to meet up at Tank Fest.

Credit, Free XP, Tank XP and Crew XP boosters (like Personal Reserves but clan wide).  We ran a +500% Free XP booster last night.  We run +20% credit boosters most nights.

Advice / training from experienced/high stat players.

Structured training from the Wot-Uni trainers.  I've done Heavy tank, Light tank and FC training.  Prior to the light tank training I was stuck on one of the early light tank personal missions (for the Stug).  Following the training I skipped through to mission 15 and then went back and did them all with honours. 

Clan wide competitions (3v3, 1v1, Chaffee racing, "football"), sometimes with prizes - I entered a 3v3 in the Havoc community yesterday as as runner up won 1000 gold (the winners each got an Churchill 3 or 1500 gold).

Meetings with Sir Havoc.  As a Community Contributor he often shares info from his discussions with WG staff.

"one leader insisted ... that players TB at two in the morning" - Screw that.  Was he on the US timezone ?  Sensible hours are from 7/8ish until 9/10/11ish.

"clan never seemed interested in doing any TB's at all" - This is quite common.  Some don't have enough players, some don't have good enough players, some don't have interested players.  I joined H5 BECAUSE I wanted to play the team modes.

The disadvantage of being in a clan is that most have some rules.  These might include :-

You have to be on TS at certain times.

You have to play certain days/times or a certain number of times a week.

You have to take part in team stuff if you get an invite.

It's just a case of finding a clan whose rules match your behaviour.

IncandescentGerbil #4 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
They tend to be aware of the best illegal mods?

Geno1isme #5 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42750 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Technically, the only reason for being in a clan is to get access to clan-exclusive content like CW and strongholds. Everything else you can theoretically do without a clan.

But of course clans imply that you're in a more or less organized community with corresponding infrastructure (e.g. voice communication) that can help you with other things as well (platoons, team battles, skirmishes, training, ...) and provide social interaction.

View PostNoobySkooby, on 14 May 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Apart from Skirmishes and team battles (which i do enjoy) is there any point to being in one? The two I have been in one leader insisted, and still does that players TB at two in the morning, and the other clan never seemed interested in doing any TB's at all despite me asking for one.

Well, team battles are kinda dead anyway, and don't benefit from being in a clan much (other than the implicit friend list and communication infrastructure). But it's all up to individual clan organization if or how much each mode is played. If you're interested in team battles, then explicitly look for a clan offering regular team battle activity at a time that works for you. Don't just join random clans.

View PostNoobySkooby, on 14 May 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Couple that with players of various levels form unicom gods to one's even worse than me, folk who just are not equipped for even the basics of team speak, (absolutely essential in any toon or team battles) are clans a good place to be?

Again, don't just join random clans. Figure out what you expect, then go looking for a clan that is compatible with that. There is a whole forum section dedicated for that.

arthurwellsley #6 Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:20 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51797 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostNoobySkooby, on 14 May 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Look at what busy decent clans offer here; http://forum.worldof...ng-for-players/

Consider;

HAVOC

BRIT

DINGERS

BULLDOGS
TEC

-B2C-

etc see what they offer that you want and then decide.

OreH75 #7 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 47901 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 14 May 2018 - 10:18 AM, said:

Oh, did someone outplay you?

Strappster #8 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

General

• Player
  • 24145 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 14 May 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

I told you, just send me the gold and I'll PM the links to you. No need to bring it into the forum. :great:

Enforcer1975 #9 Posted 14 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStrappster, on 14 May 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

I told you, just send me the gold and I'll PM the links to you. No need to bring it into the forum. :great:

Wait....i thought you said it was fish back then!!!!  :angry:

Strappster #10 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

General

• Player
  • 24145 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEnforcer1975, on 14 May 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

Wait....i thought you said it was fish back then!!!!  :angry:

Fish is the special rate for Dingers. ;)

Ceeb #11 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:07 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30268 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostNoobySkooby, on 14 May 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

​Being in a clan is subjective and will enhance your gameplay experience. I find platooning rewarding. But I absolutely hate Advances and Team Battles. I detest Clan Wars (but that's just jealousy I don't the time to sit and wait around all night for 7 nights a week)

Met some great people in clans. But I've met some window licking bottom feeding racist egotistical, arrogant loud mouthed dumb mother fudgers as well. Cant understand people that don't come on TS/Discord.   I know there clans out there without TS/Discord (Spike?) but you get a lot more out of it on TS

I'm currently Clanless, If I want to platoon I can grab someone off my friends list or vicki verci.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users