• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

CheaterGhostC #1 Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 64436 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

Hello  guys.

I play this game from almost 6 years with nickname "CheaterGhost" and i wrote many tickets to them in this 6 years and they didn;t said nothing about nickname.

Today i receive and email from WG with next message "Dear Player,   Your nickname has been changed by our Customer Support department as it was considered inappropriate. As this is a violation of our rules, a 4 days chat-ban sanction has been given to your account."

And i was like " It;s this a joke ? " .    Don;t know which .... reported me for this, but i still think people have some brain to think.

I wrote a ticket and this was the answer (like always, copy and paste message)  """"Thank you for contacting Wargaming support!

We appreciate your effort in contacting us regarding your concern with your nickname.

There are some game rules for World of Tanks that you agree to follow when you accept the Terms of Use of the game. This means that if you violate any of them, there can be consequences. When you choose a nickname that breaks the rules of the game, among other things, you need to choose a new name, so that you don’t go against the rules anymore. Please, take into account that we do this to keep a good environment in the game.

Please, send us a new nickname, making sure that it doesn't break any of our game’s naming rules that you can read here: Game Rules on point number 3. Also check if the nickname is already in use or not on this link: http://worldoftanks....unity/accounts/ this way you will make sure you are able to use that nickname.""""

I read that rules many times, so please tell me which part of section 3 match with my nickname. I read AND NONE MATCH.

"

Names, Avatars, Images/Video, Signatures & Clan logos ...

3.01 that contain profanity, including its abbreviated form.

3.02 that contain insults, personal attacks, abuse or harassment.

3.03 that contain unprintable words or abbreviations, or which are unattractive and/or unreadable.

3.04 which either in whole or partly contain copyrighted or registered trade mark elements.

3.05 which have (in any way) racist or nationalistic implications which may create offense to a certain nation, ethnic, religious or racial group.

3.06 that contain an allusion of racial or national supremacy, as well as discriminative propaganda on any level.

3.07 which contain insults or derogatory comments based on race, nationality, religion, culture, mental stature, sex, or sexual preference.

3.08 which have an association with sexuality, pedophilia, sexual abuse; or have an offensive connection to the human body or bodily functions.

3.09 which contain nudity, sexually explicit material or content that is otherwise deemed inappropriate.

3.10 which contain excessive gore or violence, or are obscene/vulgar.

3.11 which make reference to addictive or illegal substances or their use, or any other illegal activities.

3.12 that contain Logotypes, symbols, emblems or figures connected in one way or another with organizations, that violate or were violating existing laws and rules; i.e. anything that may provoke strong negative reaction/association or promote national/ethnic/religious hatred. (For example, using different variations of Nazi symbolic, abridgments and signs [88, 14, 420, SS], or similar stylizing [such as, 55] as well as credentials, names and surnames of Nazi leaders.)

3.13 that contain reference to current mainstream religions that may create offense, i.e. names such as God, Jesus, Allah, etc.

3.14 that are connected with negative historical or political personalities, first of all those who are judged by international courts for crimes against humanity, those that generally arouse feelings of suffering or disgust in the majority of people, as well as members of currently existing terrorist organizations.

3.15 that negatively portrays the projects staff, or administration.

3.16 which in any other manner violates the End User License Agreement or local laws, either implicitly or explicitly (This also contains links to websites containing the above).""

So please tell me is this nickname "CheaterGhost" inappropriate or not ?

CheaterGhostC #2 Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 64436 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

After reopening the ticket they closed it.

WHAT A JOKE......

They even don;t read their rules....

Closed

Greetings RenamedUser_505804860,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Support regarding your account suspension.

Please keep in mind that renaming was issued after careful investigation and as mentioned before will not be discussed.

Decision is final and for more information please refer to received mail and previous ticket reply.

In order to change your nickname for free, please visit https://eu.wargaming.net/personal/

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

kaneloon #3 Posted 14 May 2018 - 06:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26636 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC
If they ban all the "cheat" nicknames they have some work to do ...

___Jazz___ #4 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 26630 battles
  • [R0TI] R0TI

WG renaming policies are random as I believe they essentially rely on people who complain. I was renamed from my first nickname that was BitchesBrew (in reference to a Miles Davis album, no offense ment towards players). So they renamed me after 3 1/2 years of use of my account and writing to them for other reasons before too (so they were aware). Fine, I get it, it contains a "bad word" some people cannot cope with. But the thing is there are still PLENTY of accounts going around that contain the same word, and meant much more to insult those reading it. Just try searching for this word in player names you'll be surprised how many results you'll find (461 results on the EU server with the B**** word, not all insults though).

So once again, WG do their thing completely randomly, don't give a F*** about what you think and will send you a standard copy/paste reply.

Homer_J #5 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27068 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

As far as I know they give you the opportunity to change your name for free via a support ticket, yes?

Send a ticket, give them your old name as the one you want to change to, don't mention that is what you were using, see what happens.

Edited by Homer_J, 17 May 2018 - 05:25 PM.

CheaterGhostC #6 Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 64436 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

++++"a 4 days chat-ban sanction has been given to your account" i did this topic on 14 May so ban should expire tommorow on 18 may, but it doesn;t.

I tried to write something in game and " 10 june 2018" SO NICE.

It expires on 10 june. So .... it;s 28 days not 4..  WG good math....

Homer_J #7 Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27068 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Could be a separate in game chat ban.

Have you been in general chat?  That's always a good place to pick up a lengthy chat ban.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users