Frontline bugs

frontline game mode

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Hechaton #1 Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43394 battles

Great job with then new frontline mode. Finally a new feature to company the (somewhat boring) random battle. It has "some" obiovios bugs though. Here are some I found so far.

* The selected tank in the garage will  randomly switch to another tank when checking the frontline consumable. 

* The Frontline cunsumable will disappear from the tank in garage mode directiy after a battle. 

* The reticle will somethimes jump skyhi when aimed at an enemy tank going cloaked/hidden.

* The game doesn't seem to know which popup it's supposed to show after the battle ends.

* Repair sound after repairing tank ingame is out of sync.

* Occational blue ground/ faulty texture mapping?

* Occasionally I can drive straight through trees without knocking it down. 

I'm not sure if the below are actually bugs.

* The aim wil drop way down when not aimed at a tank, making it difficult to blindfire. 

* The defending team can penetrate deep into lost territory after the arty timer...?

* The frontlie consumable cannot be changed when in garage mode, in-battle (can't even see it)

* Only one line of tanks (in random order(?)) when in garage mode, in-battle, making it difficult to find the right tank.

* Laggy when a lot of tanks meet.

Edited by Hechaton, 14 May 2018 - 11:25 PM.

Dorander #2 Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17673 battles

I think not being able to change the FL combat reserve while in an FL battle is by design, you need to set up tanks the way you want them ahead of time. It'd be nice to see what you slotted where though.

The defending team being able to push past the red line seems either like an emergency decision or a poorly executed design to me. I think the game would be at the very least not worse off, and probably slightly better off, if there was a timer for people who drove past this line before they got auto-artied again.

SnowRelic #3 Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22729 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

* Epic medals don't show on the personal tab page, but you can see 5, 10 or 15 bonds awarded on the detailed reports tab and on the team score tab you can click on your own name to see which awards you got awarded.

* Also one guy managed a team kill (prolly shoved someone off a cliff) and his number of kills was coloured blue on the team score tab of the results screen. As I scrolled through it, all kill numbers turned blue.

* There is arty in the game. This *is* a bug. The mode is called frontline, not backline or redline.

* The city models are too many and too detailed, so it drops frames massively.

View PostHechaton, on 14 May 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

I'm not sure if the below are actually bugs.

* The defending team can penetrate deep into lost territory after the arty timer...?

* The frontlie consumable cannot be changed when in garage mode, in-battle (can't even see it)

* Only one line of tanks (in random order(?)) when in garage mode, in-battle, making it difficult to find the right tank.

* Laggy when a lot of tanks meet.

When you conquer a map, there will be a single pass of a flight of bombers over it. After that it is clear. That's by design and actually good design because it allows for a lot more flanking and attacking on both sides and all lanes.

Don't know if you meant combat reserves... well you shouldn't be able to chance those during a battle.

Yeah, the single line of tanks is not very helpful. But pick your favourite tanks, set them as primary (right click on the tank icon) and they get set to the front of the queue.

And yeah. Them lags. First two days were clear, after that there were some heavy bouts of lags at times. Was on the server-side. And yeah, usually when loads of tanks meet.

Dorander #4 Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:42 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17673 battles

View PostSnowRelic, on 14 May 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

* There is arty in the game. This *is* a bug. The mode is called frontline, not backline or redline.

Can't talk about anything on this forum without someone trying to turn it into an artywhine, really. Perhaps the mode should've been named Shiftline to better match your delicate sensibilities in the naming department. Oh no wait, I nearly forgot, the name isn't the problem, it's just another artywhine.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHechaton, on 14 May 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

* The reticle will somethimes jump skyhi when aimed at an enemy tank going cloaked/hidden.

That is actually easy to explain. Map is 9 times larger now. So most areas you aim at then are way way out there. Even more so if you aim at the hills outside of the map border, 2 map zones away. Thus the aim "compensates" for the shell drops and aim higher. So due to the distances we are not used to. It jumps up more then normal.

AllTheChildren #6 Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32733 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

What annoy me is that if you aim at ridges and hills at some spots, and behind is the horizon, your aim rises into the sky.

Blind firing some spots is cause of that impossible, even screws with you sometimes  if you aim at an enemy which is spotted in such a location.

What also happened to me once: Was in a smoke screen and the smoke effect stayed for me around the edges of the screen.

Had to restart the game to get it away.

Next thing is, that sometimes the tanks sounds are broken and that your tanks always sounds as if the engine is broken.

Edited by AllTheChildren, 15 May 2018 - 05:34 AM.

TakoezaEU #7 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34196 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

There might be some technical/programming bugs in the game. I have not come across any that significantly influenced game play. However there are design bugs in the game.

One of the biggest flaws I found was that defenders of zone C can push through to a point where they can kill the attackers at their spawn point. This does not seem very fair to me. It frustrated me to get shot before I could reload just after re-spawning. (Whoever designed that map should be fired for having too low an IQ.) Then when enough defenders are so close to the attacker's spawn point that the AI cannot place them there, it spawn you ahead (in front) of a base you have not yet captured. How crazy is that? Now you have enemy in front of you, behind you, actually all around you. (Another programming candidate that should be let go.)

When you lose so many tanks, so quickly, you suddenly have to wait 2,5 minutes before you can re-join.

Needless to say you do not get the opportunity to do much damage or advance.

This kind of design fault makes me gives FrontLine a thumbs down. I have played on both sides of this fence. As a defender killing attackers as they re-spawn and as an attacker being killed by defenders as I re-spawn.

Zone C is a very badly designed part of the map, in my opinion. and should be changed.

Edited by TakoezaEU, 15 May 2018 - 08:54 PM.

SnowRelic #8 Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22729 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTakoezaEU, on 15 May 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

One of the biggest flaws I found was that defenders of zone C can push through to a point where they can kill the attackers at their spawn point. This does not seem very fair to me. It frustrated me to get shot before I could reload just after re-spawning. (Whoever designed that map should be fired for having too low an IQ.) Then when enough defenders are so close to the attacker's spawn point that the AI cannot place them there, it spawn you ahead (in front) of a base you have not yet captured. How crazy is that? Now you have enemy in front of you, behind you, actually all around you. (Another programming candidate that should be let go.)

Actually, just above and on top of you with a bit to the side. But yeah that is problematic. Seen it happen a couple of times. The thing that really makes it troublesome is that you respawn without the gun loaded and the spawncampers have theirs loaded. I've also done the same thing on the A and B lines, but it is harder to get into that position on those lanes and it is harder to keep dominating.

Thing is, changing the map always has repercussions. You might solve one issue, but solutions tend to be the biggest source of problems. Map chances can, for example, deny attackers certain positions and then make it harder to attack or support a push. I'd rather put something like "landing zones" around the attacker spawns on the first map and introduce the rule that you cannot take damage while in the zone. If you cannot damage the enemies, it becomes pointless to camp them. Sure, the defenders can then go camp near the spawn, but at least it would be a fair fight. (And you should of course decline fair fights whenever possible.)

Overall, the maps could use some more strategically placed soft-cover for both advancing and ambushing. And some rocks that block certain lines of fire could also be removed. The maps are more open than the random maps, but I'm sure people will have found plenty of positions from where you could help your teammates and some testers found that out and put a rock in the way.

javlar #9 Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13952 battles
  • [SEWOL] SEWOL

I'll add what I wrote in a post of mine:

It's really not a big deal but I find it quite curious that the game counts stun-damage for your advancement in ranks (lieutenant, captain etc) but it seems to not be counted for the medals at the end of the game.

I've had numerous games where I've done 10k damage, 5k assisting and 5k stun damage and if you read the medal description it says damage, assistance as well as reserve damage is counted towards the medal. Still I sometimes end up not getting the medal because lets say someone else did 12k damage and 4k assisting.

I would sort of be fine with it if not for the fact that it is definitely counted towards your rank ingame, and the weirdest thing happened to me today where I ended up being the first, and only, general of my game, yet I still didn't get the general medal (ie the big one for 40 bonds). The reason, I suppose, is that I wasn't top on xp, I was second, but the guy who was top on xp didn't get the medal either cause he didn't make it to general.

I'll include a screenshot of just one of the games I've played where this happened, and in this game I "should" have gotten both the general medal as well as the supreme gun medal.

For the supreme gun I did a total combined of 14,697 (2309+2732+9656) damage and the guy who got the medal did 13,824 (10,243+3581) damage.

My stats

Stats of the guy who got the supreme gun medal

Very strange, again, it would seem that that it's just not counting the stun for the actual xp, but it still counts it for the rank-xp.

And again I couldn't really care less about the medals themselves but when you know that you're losing out on a bunch of bonds, it feels a bit sad.

Edited by javlar, 15 May 2018 - 10:48 PM.

Hamsterkicker #10 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31926 battles
  • [TEAMB] TEAMB
As soon as I realized that you can move into a zone again after the initial artillery strike has expired I started to hunt for artillery..  Good game design I would say.. Otherwise you can never get to them .

StinkyStonky #11 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25110 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

If you die with a broken engine, when you respawn your new tank still makes the broken engine sounds.

If you die while in your smoke screen you respawn with a fuzzy view.

radius77 #12 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55898 battles

I noticed following bugs:

- game displays almost exclusively Skorpions, Progettos and Lorraines

- everybody tries just to farm dmg, no one even cares about capping, attacking team loses almost all the time

Apart from that i really like FL. I wish WG would make it permanent for all tiers V-X separately so a MM+0 would come true.

Hechaton #13 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43394 battles
yeah, I forgot to mention the annoying closing-down-the-game-for-no-aparent-reason-bug that comes with every patch.

Zoggo_ #14 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26067 battles

View PostHechaton, on 16 May 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

yeah, I forgot to mention the annoying closing-down-the-game-for-no-aparent-reason-bug that comes with every patch.

I had this happen twice tonight in the first game I played , never happened before. Is this a bug that just happens in Frontline ?

Thought it was Malwarebytes upsetting it, disabled that it was fine for the rest of the evening.

Thijs_Razor #15 Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15109 battles
  • [T-G-R] T-G-R
One of the more annoying bugs I encountered in Frontline is the aiming recticle hanging way down for no apparent reason when you aim up at someone on a hill hiding behind a rock, most notably at B when you're attacking.

Scotia #16 Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16577 battles
Half the matches ive played have been unplayable lagfests :(

Good idea though, with a fair number of bugs but get them sorted and the lag and ill be playing more WoT.

main fault lag, yes mentioned lag a few times but when its so bad it seems like im back in the days of 56k dial up then yeah ill keep bringing it up, and ive checked its not me, everything else plays just fine online.

The retreating aspect, after losing a zone, not only dont u give slow tanks enough time to get out before bombers but its open season for attackers shooting the rear of retreating tanks (historically accurate maybe but offers no incentive for anything slow to get in close and personal to defend points)

everything else thats been mentioned on here all ready, oh and have  i mentioned the lag :p

Freetoplay_KV2 #17 Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7952 battles
  • [STN] STN

If you disconnect and rejoin sometimes it can take several minutes before you can get back into battle, your tank just sits in game doing nothing while the loading screen is up for 7+ minutes.

Also tagged with frontline game mode

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users