Frontline and artillery xp bug

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

javlar #1 Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14982 battles

It's really not a big deal but I find it quite curious that the game counts stun-damage for your advancement in ranks (lieutenant, captain etc) but it seems to not be counted for the medals at the end of the game.

I've had numerous games where I've done 10k damage, 5k assisting and 5k stun damage and if you read the medal description it says damage, assistance as well as reserve damage is counted towards the medal. Still I sometimes end up not getting the medal because lets say someone else did 12k damage and 4k assisting.

I would sort of be fine with it if not for the fact that it is definitely counted towards your rank ingame, and the weirdest thing happened to me today where I ended up being the first, and only, general of my game, yet I still didn't get the general medal (ie the big one for 40 bonds). The reason, I suppose, is that I wasn't top on xp, I was second, but the guy who was top on xp didn't get the medal either cause he didn't make it to general.

I'll include a screenshot of just one of the games I've played where this happened, and in this game I "should" have gotten both the general medal as well as the supreme gun medal.

For the supreme gun I did a total combined of 14,697 (2309+2732+9656) damage and the guy who got the medal did 13,824 (10,243+3581) damage.

My stats

Stats of the guy who got the supreme gun medal

Very strange, again, it would seem that that it's just not counting the stun for the actual xp, but it still counts it for the rank-xp.

And again I couldn't really care less about the medals themselves but when you know that you're losing out on a bunch of bonds, it feels a bit sad.

Edited by javlar, 15 May 2018 - 10:49 PM.

LittleLara #2 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45563 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
The requirements for the medal are to do at least 10K dmg + assist and be the highest on dmg and assist of your team. It doesn't mention stunning so that's probably left out.

javlar #3 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14982 battles

Yeah and like I said I am sort of fine with that I guess but it still very strange that it is the counted towards your rank.

That you can become general, the only general on your team, and not get the medal for it, however I feel is very broken.

Spurtung #4 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 66163 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postjavlar, on 17 May 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

Yeah and like I said I am sort of fine with that I guess but it still very strange that it is the counted towards your rank.

That you can become general, the only general on your team, and not get the medal for it, however I feel is very broken.

It's not broken at all.

All vehicles can deal damage.

All vehicles can assist damage by spotting or tracking.

All vehicles, in FL, can assist damage by using reserves.

Only SPGs can stun.

It would be broken if it was happening the way you wanted it to happen. Not to mention only LTs and SPGs can have 3 reserves equipped (probably to compensate for those classes having lower DPM), so if anything, the balance is favoring you already.

View Postjavlar, on 15 May 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

I'll include a screenshot of just one of the games I've played where this happened, and in this game I "should" have gotten both the general medal as well as the supreme gun medal.

No, you shouldn't, try reading the description of medals. You need to be top XP and reach general.

Yes, you ranked general, but your 2,816XP is less than TheisBack's 2,954XP. Close, but no cigar.

View Postjavlar, on 15 May 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

For the supreme gun I did a total combined of 14,697 (2309+2732+9656) damage and the guy who got the medal did 13,824 (10,243+3581) damage.

Then you read the description of the medal, where stun isn't even mentioned, remove those 2309 right back and...there, mystery solved: 12,388 < 13,824.

Edited by Spurtung, 17 May 2018 - 01:39 AM.

ExemeXe #5 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5479 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

View PostSpurtung, on 17 May 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

It's not broken at all.

Only SPGs can stun.

False.

All vehicles can stun. (by using reserves.)

Spurtung #6 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 66163 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostExemeXe, on 17 May 2018 - 06:36 AM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 17 May 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

It's not broken at all.

Only SPGs can stun.

False.

All vehicles can stun. (by using reserves.)

Every now and then an extremely dense creature manifests itself...

Did you happen to read the line above the one you decided to underline? It was written before it for a reason. I highlighted both just in case, you'll notice the similarities between them, even though one was used broadly while the other was nitpicking a portion of it.

Guess what, stun by the use of reserves falls under "Damage caused with your assistance due to combat reserves effects" and not "Damage to enemy vehicles stunned by you". It's called the same, but it's not the same. To test that, play a round without arty, use reserves that stun and then check how much stun damage you caused. Was that clear enough?

Edited by Spurtung, 17 May 2018 - 05:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users