frontline mode

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Hechaton #1 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 43394 battles

The countdown timer

when getting killed is in my opinion a pretty terrible idea. When getting killed I can't find myself waiting for a half a minute, or over a minute just to get out on the battlefield agian. I can't imagine anyone else bother to wait for that long either, I'll simply just desert and start a new match. How about getting a certain amount of "lives" at the getgo? when they are depleted it's over and you could go in spectator mode. 

Map layout.

Some of the cap circles favour the defenders, and some the attacker. How about letting the defenders get the best positions, and the attackers more tanks/ lives? Yes, I guess WG crapin their pants just by thinking about this "unbalanced" proposal, but wouldn't it get more interesting?

Smoke

Holy smokes! smoke is finally introduced to the game. Why not implement it to the random mode? 

Calling arty barrage

The arty barrage consumable seem to work pretty fine in this game mode. It's time for WG to retire arty "tanks" from the game, don't you think?

Sirebellus #2 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17414 battles
Start off about Frontline - end up as an Arty whine

This forum is a sort of Godwin's law... but with Arty whine instead of Hitler

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26586 battles
Have you tried not getting killed so fast?

xx984 #4 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50809 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 15 May 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

Have you tried not getting killed so fast?

Sometimes you cant help it, For example when enemy team is spawn camping..

A set number of lives imo would be best, Id say 4 Lives + The tank you start the game in would be fine,

CrniVrag #5 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 32793 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The only problem I have with FL is that going for the objectives makes no sense. I just did a bit over 5k damage to enemy tanks and as soon as I saw an opening to the objectives I gone for them.

I did 6k damage to the 3 objectives we destroyed and I managed to get nothing. No rank increase, no medal, no credit reward. So apparently going just for damage and even losing is more profitable than playing the objectives, because logic...

xx984 #6 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50809 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostCrniVrag, on 15 May 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

The only problem I have with FL is that going for the objectives makes no sense. I just did a bit over 5k damage to enemy tanks and as soon as I saw an opening to the objectives I gone for them.

I did 6k damage to the 3 objectives we destroyed and I managed to get nothing. No rank increase, no medal, no credit reward. So apparently going just for damage and even losing is more profitable than playing the objectives, because logic...

You do get rank increase from them. Its just VERY small amounts, i was just a TINY bit away from general, did about 3 shots to one of the turrets and ranked up. A regular shot of damage to a tank would of done about twice that tho.

Wayward_Current #7 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11288 battles
Smoke is to poweerfull.

View PostSirebellus, on 15 May 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

Start off about Frontline - end up as an Arty whine

This forum is a sort of Godwin's law... but with Arty whine instead of Hitler

:harp:You took the word of my mouth.Every polithical debate if given enough time will end in debate about Hitler.

by analogy..every Wot debate if lasted long enough will end in SPG whine.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 15 May 2018 - 08:48 PM.

Dorander #8 Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17604 battles

Regarding respawn: You do get lives from the get-go. To be precise, you get 1 extra, and the timer for your next starts running and takes 5 minutes. So you start with a few lives and get more as time progresses. If you have a respawn timer longer than 30 seconds it means you're dying too fast. If you can't wait 30 seconds, how on earth did you ever manage 43k random battles?

Regarding map layout: defenders already get the best positions, the only things you are referring to are the actual cap circles, not the rest of the map layout.

Regarding smoke in randoms: Better question is why WOULD you introduce it to random modes? What possible contribution does it bring to those?

Regarding artillery strike: No, I don't think that at all, in fact, get rid of the consumable instead.

firelars4 #9 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40277 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

View PostHechaton, on 15 May 2018 - 08:22 PM, said:

The countdown timer

when getting killed is in my opinion a pretty terrible idea. When getting killed I can't find myself waiting for a half a minute, or over a minute just to get out on the battlefield agian. I can't imagine anyone else bother to wait for that long either, I'll simply just desert and start a new match. How about getting a certain amount of "lives" at the getgo? when they are depleted it's over and you could go in spectator mode. 

This way you would just have people rushing all the time. Why wouldn't they, they can just play again in 3 seconds.

Map layout.

Some of the cap circles favour the defenders, and some the attacker. How about letting the defenders get the best positions, and the attackers more tanks/ lives? Yes, I guess WG crapin their pants just by thinking about this "unbalanced" proposal, but wouldn't it get more interesting?

Could you give examples where you would like to see things changed? 

For me, B is the biggest problem. from the attacking side to the right is an easy to hold position for the defenders which also gives the easy shots into the cap. It should be harder to defend here by making the rocks smaller so there can't be too many tanks there. on the left side on B from the attacking perspective, there is a road that almost never gets used. No idea what to do with it, but as it is now it's quite useless

Smoke

Holy smokes! smoke is finally introduced to the game. Why not implement it to the random mode? 

Because it can break maps. you can just smoke yourself and be unspottable, while sitting in the open. meanwhile your team mate lights up the enemy team and you can just sit there in the open while they can't spot you.

Calling arty barrage

The arty barrage consumable seem to work pretty fine in this game mode. It's time for WG to retire arty "tanks" from the game, don't you think?

Then you can get hit even behind buildings and rocks, please no.

Captain_Kremen0 #10 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36179 battles

Calling arty barrage

Then you can get hit even behind buildings and rocks, please no.

Surely that's the idea of cover?

It's world of tanks not world of [edited]bomber command.

Also tagged with frontline mode

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users