• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

SlenderMoose #281 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 59660 battles
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-

View PostTobiJet, on 16 May 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

First of all, I really like the concept of buying special skins for tanks, but please don`t introduce fantasy themes either as skins nor as tanks, it just looks goofy to have a tank look like one of those cars that are stickered with ads from Redbull or McDonalds;

I mean most ppl don`t even like to drive those cars in real life, so why would the majority of people like to play tanks that implicitly say "Play Warhammer 40K today!" - or something similar.

Please Wargaming, continue to sell special skins I´d love to customize my tanks, but please do historical ones - why don't you sell skins for TDs which are covered in a Camonet or battle-hardened versions of tanks that are really beaten up, you could even do captured versions of tanks, like a captured KV-1 that would have a German skin.

Secondly, reduce the price for skins, it's just way too expensive right now. 10 bucks for a skin of a tier 5 tank is just a joke, compared to the price Tier 5 premium tanks which just cost 7-8€; even compared to full price tier 8 premiums it's still really expensive. I`d say if you reduce the price to 3-6€ (or 750-1500 Gold) it`d be a much better, fair deal. 

View PostazgarOgly, on 16 May 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

We have to be fair towards the game. Leviathan was a fantasy tank. Moon ball tanks where fantasy. These where short time events, nobody forced people to play that.
Most of the tanks in the game are not historical, but these all are either real projects drawn by real tank designers or at least plausible. And these at least pretend to be real tanks. Sustaining an atmosphere of more or less historical battles set in prewar to early postwar period.
W40k might look great (fir the fans of it), but it won't fit into the atmosphere, tearing it apart. W40k tank requires other maps, other nations, other enemies, other everything. Why the heck is it in this game? No, no place for that here.

Hi, again people that just assume stuff. I have replied to your kind in this thread earlier and will continue to do so as you seem to multiply like locust.
1. If you check unhistorical in your settings KV-2 R will look like a normal KV-2.

2. The Warhammer 40k skin is OPTIONAL. You can choice a normal custom style in exterior menu.

View Postogremage, on 16 May 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Is it zero skill BIA in KV-2?

I wonder if it is better or worse deal than IS-2 Berlin.

zero skill confirmed.

Revanche25 #282 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 37872 battles
  • [FNPRO] FNPRO

Please, SerB came Back to WoT, we need you.

64ee96e02b0ffd82gen.png

HerrWilhelm #283 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19575 battles
  • [RHPA] RHPA

Wow, cheapest offer is 27.43

I bought the Type-59 for such amount....

Szatanshow #284 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24821 battles

Incoming some (pick you favorite thing ) style skin for Loltraktor - only 100 EU 

000Redhat000 #285 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28543 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE
*edited*

Edited by Daxeno, 17 May 2018 - 11:51 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Isharial #286 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20400 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

when I saw the title, I wasn't expecting a KV-2 or BDR skin.. that's for sure :amazed: 

I was expecting something a little more... Warhammer like

being someone who actually plays the 40k game, this is about as "40k" like as sticking a pitchfork on the front of my car and saying its devoted to chaos...… 

this kind of thing would have been better suited to a standalone game mode like the Halloween event.. "kill the Predator" for example, or "capture the Baneblade".... 

it seems wasted to do something like this, specially when the KV-2 has been waiting for a premium variant for a while and a standalone skin for one of the most unloved and unplayed T5 heavy tanks in the game (when was the last time you saw a BDR? ) seems rather pointless IMO

could have been like the anniversary camo scheme sold just after Christmas or something, can be used on all tanks (when they get round to adding the new paint/camo scheme to other tiers ofcourse!)... as said, seems wasted for just one T5 tank, specially for the price!

ive nothing against this kind of thing, but limiting it to 1 tank in the form of the skin, and then, they barely look like the vehicles intended, doesn't really make it as good as the things really could have been  :(  

Vokatius #287 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [ARTA] ARTA

View PostSlenderMoose, on 16 May 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

Hi, again people that just assume stuff. I have replied to your kind in this thread earlier and will continue to do so as you seem to multiply like locust.

1. If you check unhistorical in your settings KV-2 R will look like a normal KV-2.

2. The Warhammer 40k skin is OPTIONAL. You can choice a normal custom style in exterior menu.

I didn`t just "assume stuff".

It's a fact that people don`t like to drive cars stickered with ads.

I never said the Warhammer skins couldn't be hidden.

I`m just concerned about the future of WoT, because you can`t just hide the unhistoricalness of tanks that are entirely based on fantasy by unchecking something, without completely breaking MM. If WG decided to sell the "Nameless" (as it was already sold on the Asian server) or introduce tanks from C&C, they won't be able to look like real tanks, because they would have completely different hitboxes.

That's why I am criticizing the introduction of fantasy skins. Its a first step in a direction to tanks that cannot, under no circumstances, look even close to something real.

Edited by TobiJet, 16 May 2018 - 05:31 PM.

Gremlin182 #288 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 49548 battles

Its amazing how when someone dislikes something in the game that does not affect them they go crazy without even looking to see if what they are claiming is true or not.

Having failed to complain about this tank because it does not in fact make any difference to their game.

So now its no one else should buy it because it will encourage  wargaming to charge more for premium tanks.

So I assume by that logic no one should buy a premium tank until they lower the price to what they consider fair.

15 page thread "well so far" complaining about a premium KV2 because it has

1 clown camo which it doesn't

2 will encourage more such stupid concept tanks "so what"

3 Its overpriced yes I tend to agree though the crew makes up for some of that.

4 It will flood tier 6 games well maybe but only for a couple of weeks and anyway if its overpriced they may not sell many.

Really don't see the problem it is a standard KV2 with an OPTIONAL special finish which no one has to see if the do not want to.

Which the buyer can remove making it no different to a standard KV2

If you are not forced to buy it and cannot see it what is the problem.

If tomorrow they added the red stug III with the flags from girls und panzer with a BIA crew  and charged £30 would it make any difference to the game if the only person who sees it is the buyer.

Edited by Gremlin182, 16 May 2018 - 05:40 PM.

SABAOTH #289 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36858 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostCobra6, on 16 May 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Really? A premium KV-2 and then you give it this skin? Come on!

How about you release a regular KV-2 as premium, you know tons of people are waiting for a premium version of this tank.

In the past the community on EU has made clear we don't want these clown tanks on the server yet you still persist. 

=====

This whole situation would be pretty much far less of an issue if we could purchase a premium KV-2 with a normal skin (Captured German skin?) that was historical and would not have it's price artificially inflated because Warhammer royalties needed to be paid.

If "Disable none-historical elements" would then just switch the Warhammer model for the historical one there would be no issue what-so ever.

Cobra 6

A premium KV 2? Bring it on! :izmena:

Is my wet dream :girl:

By the way the tank looks cool enough, I know the fantasy skin might be not everyone's cup of tea, but hey, is far better than the patiort or liberte clown skins :coin:

View PostCommander_Sparkle, on 16 May 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

I want a Baneblade!

Hell that could tempt me. :P

Elhazzared #290 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21543 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostGremlin182, on 16 May 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

Its amazing how when someone dislikes something in the game that does not affect them they go crazy without even looking to see if what they are claiming is true or not.

Having failed to complain about this tank because it does not in fact make any difference to their game.

So now its no one else should buy it because it will encourage  wargaming to charge more for premium tanks.

So I assume by that logic no one should buy a premium tank until they lower the price to what they consider fair.

4 It will flood tier 6 games well maybe but only for a couple of weeks and anyway if its overpriced they may not sell many.

Really don't see the problem it is a standard KV2 with an OPTIONAL special finish which no one has to see if the do not want to.

If tomorrow they added the red stug III with the flags from girls und panzer with a BIA crew  and charged £30 would it make any difference to the game if the only person who sees it is the buyer.

The problem is only point number 3. They are gouging the community with a price that double it's worth. It is in fact as expensive as a tier 8 medium tank. The bia does not in any shape or form makes up for anything considering other tanks like for example the rudy were sold with bias and they were not more expensive because of that. A tier 6 premium tank, with or without special camo, with or without bia costs around 15 euros. These are facts that anyone can look yup in less than a minute!

Paying almost double for this is quite frankly offensive and we should call out WG whenever they do BS like this.

Edited by Elhazzared, 16 May 2018 - 05:43 PM.

Holdes #291 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20115 battles

View PostKandly, on 16 May 2018 - 04:56 PM, said:

Hello again!

We've just noticed an issue with the KV-2 camo not giving the camo bonus. We're aware of this and out team is working on a solution. :) I'll let you know when more info comes.

Hi Kandly,

Did you also notice the issue of a T6 premium tank being overpriced sky high even applying the WG's standard? Please offer the cheaper version of the premium KV-2 without the idiotic camo, and you can have my money, thanks.

MurderousKitten #292 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12117 battles
  • [19WSS] 19WSS

Well , i WOULD by this kv2 as it is , ONLY if it sits in German tech tree .

there is no reason for me to get premium that is the same as tier 6 regular , and in the same tech tree.

Vokatius #293 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [ARTA] ARTA

View PostGremlin182, on 16 May 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

'2 will encourage more such stupid concept tanks "so what" ' "only person who sees it is the buyer "

How about WG next selling tanks from the WH 40K universe, what about this abomination:

<a href='https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/7/75/Shadowsword_Akurion_Pattern_Super_Hvy_Tank.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>https://vignette.wik...er_Hvy_Tank.jpg</a>

How would then only be the buyer the only person seeing it? 

Edited by TobiJet, 16 May 2018 - 05:56 PM.

Elhazzared #294 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21543 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostTobiJet, on 16 May 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

'2 will encourage more such stupid concept tanks "so what" ' "only person who sees it is the buyer "

How about WG next selling tanks from the WH 40K universe, what about this abomination:

<a href='https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/7/75/Shadowsword_Akurion_Pattern_Super_Hvy_Tank.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>https://vignette.wik...er_Hvy_Tank.jpg</a>

First, that's not an abomination, that's a shadowsword which is the most amazing tank ever.

Second, WG is doing only camo work on existing tanks, they are not making full 40k tanks at all.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind an actual 40k tank game but that's not what they are doing and I don't believe they intend to do that because it's gonna be costly with copyrights.

Rimsplitter #295 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23935 battles
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ
After watching a few videos of this thing in action I would pay £13 for the premium KV-2 if it came with the BIA crew.  But I don't want to pay £10 for a skin.  I wonder if Games Workshop have an exclusive deal that the KV-2 ® cannot be sold unless they get their cut.  Otherwise WG could offer a non-Warhammer version and let people make their choice.

Gwandi #296 Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 3981 battles
  • [BOBS_] BOBS_

Just what this game needed, premium Edited derps with fantasy skins, I applaud you WG :facepalm:

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 17 May 2018 - 01:00 PM.

HadurHun #297 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 67759 battles
  • [HADUR] HADUR
This is a prime example of the case "those without knowledge speak", comparing the premium KV-2 aspect with that of a foul anime demon!
Such heresy can only be cleansed with the ultimate solution. EXTERMINATUS!

Edited by HadurHun, 16 May 2018 - 06:07 PM.

Vokatius #298 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [ARTA] ARTA

View Post Elhazzared, on 16 May 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

First, that's not an abomination, that's a shadowsword which is the most amazing tank ever.

Second, WG is doing only camo work on existing tanks, they are not making full 40k tanks at all.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind an actual 40k tank game but that's not what they are doing and I don't believe they intend to do that because it's gonna be costly with copyrights.

"WG is doing only camo work on existing tanks" - They already did complete fantasy tanks from the Valkyria Chronicles Universe, just look at this. So they don`t only do camo work.

"I wouldn't mind an actual 40k tank game" - I would mind a 40k Tank game as well, the problem is that this game is based on historical tanks - I know it's arguable to which degree actually, but that doesn't change the fact the base still are historical tanks- and by putting in tanks from fantasy/sci-fi games/novels/whatever they are completely ruining the last teeny tiny bit of immersion this game has left. 

" I don't believe they intend to do that because it's gonna be costly with copyrights." - Warhammer was just an example, there are many other successful sci-fi/fantasy franchises that had some sort of tanks.

250swb #299 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23141 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGremlin182, on 16 May 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

Its amazing how when someone dislikes something in the game.........

No, what is amazing is that people don't see what is happening under their nose. Tanks or offers like this infect the PC game with the same mentality of Blitz or console games generally, and if you import that mentality you'll get the rewards, players who just like the lols, players who are younger and less socially aware, more and more anime tanks and less attention to the games basic problems.

This could all be a cynical attempt by WG to presage a change in direction of the PC game to a dumber level,  because a dumber level requires fewer clever solutions to MM and RNG and players are just happy making things explode. Roll on the great times ahead.

undutchable80 #300 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8180 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTobiJet, on 16 May 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

It already exists in game: it's called the Obj.268v4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users