Warhammer 40,000 Tanks Storm the Battlefield

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

Gremlin182 #301 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 45405 battles

View PostTobiJet, on 16 May 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

'2 will encourage more such stupid concept tanks "so what" ' "only person who sees it is the buyer "

How about WG next selling tanks from the WH 40K universe, what about this abomination:

<a href='https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/7/75/Shadowsword_Akurion_Pattern_Super_Hvy_Tank.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>https://vignette.wik...er_Hvy_Tank.jpg</a>

How would then only be the buyer the only person seeing it? 

Well firstly they have not done that yet so not going to worry about it till they announce  they are bringing in something so different.

Adding a tank to the game  which looks no different to a standard tank is not a problem.

In the case of the KV removing the special finish also removes a spotlight changes the gun gets rid of 2 sets of bags and machine pistols and removes the AA MG from the top of the turret.

It should be possible for the skin  to add much more to a standard tank shape you could sell a skin for any tank in the game which turned into a futuristic hover tank.

It would sell and would not change the game one bit.

Bruecki2938 #302 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5933 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

To be honest I don't get why so many are upset...

1) It's a normal tech tree KV-2

2) The skin is not that "clowny" as it could get

3) You pay a hefty price for 0-perk crew and a tank with "premium tank benefits"

If someone wants to spend 28 EURs on a tech tree tank with some personal non game breaking benefits.... I couldn't care less.

And to be honest....WG has to make money....

a) They bring an overpowered premium everyone is crying "P2W - F* you WG"

b) They bring an underpowered premium everyone is crying "Why do I have to pay XX Euros for this crap tank - F* you WG"

c) They bring a 1:1 copy of a tech tree tank everyone is crying "Why do I have to pay XX Euros for a tech tree tank - F* you WG"

d) They bring "special skins" tanks everyone is crying "That's not historical - F* you WG"

So please let me know which premium tanks WG can release to make money which isn't upsetting the player base?

Beside that, I agree that I would have rather seen the release of the Carn AX, Cent 5/1 and some other premium tanks instead of a 1:1 copy (stats wise) of a tech tree tank - But this is personal BIAS.

And as some other guys already said: Look how many people bought the Italo tank on the first day without any discount..... So there are people willing to spend money for this stuff and you can not blame a company to take advantage of this.

Last thing:

To be honest most people complaining here are not financing the game on a level others do!

Breaking news: WG doesn't care if you "quit the game" - which at least 50 % won't do anyways - because you are not bringing in the money!

Edited by Bruecki2938, 16 May 2018 - 06:39 PM.

Smegger213 #303 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13342 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

How pathetic Wargaming, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

What next, the empire steam tank from warhammer fantasy perhaps.

When are you going to wake up to the fact that WE DON'T WANT STUPID FANTASY TANKS IN A WW2 TANK GAME.

IMO this is an insult to all that fought and died in WW2.

Bruecki2938 #304 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5933 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostSmegger213, on 16 May 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

How pathetic Wargaming, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

What next, the empire steam tank from warhammer fantasy perhaps.

When are you going to wake up to the fact that WE DON'T WANT STUPID FANTASY TANKS IN A WW2 TANK GAME.

IMO this is an insult to all that fought and died in WW2.

It's not a fantasy tank - it's only a camo and if you don't like it install a skin and the tank is already in the tech tree.

And if you really think this is an insult to WW2 vets you Sir have some other problems..... and if you think this is really insulting anyone who thought in WW2 you are insulting them for thinking they give a crapabout this little minor thing compared to risking their lifes and giving out anything they have in the greatest war the world has yet seen?

Pathetic....

Elhazzared #305 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20486 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostTobiJet, on 16 May 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

"WG is doing only camo work on existing tanks" - They already did complete fantasy tanks from the Valkyria Chronicles Universe, just look at this. So they don`t only do camo work.

"I wouldn't mind an actual 40k tank game" - I would mind a 40k Tank game as well, the problem is that this game is based on historical tanks - I know it's arguable to which degree actually, but that doesn't change the fact the base still are historical tanks- and by putting in tanks from fantasy/sci-fi games/novels/whatever they are completely ruining the last teeny tiny bit of immersion this game has left. 

" I don't believe they intend to do that because it's gonna be costly with copyrights." - Warhammer was just an example, there are many other successful sci-fi/fantasy franchises that had some sort of tanks.

I was not aware that they had an anime like tank made although I'll be honest, it's the asian server and the asian server expectation are completely different from the european server. Where here you will hear a lot of people saying, we don't want fantasy tanks. There you'll hear exactly the opposite so it makes sense from a marketing standpoint to give them a few just to keep them happy. I doubt those tanks will ever make it here (although if they did I'd probably be tempted though not for 50 euros!).

I'll also point out that there is already plenty of "fantasy" tanks in WoT already. Now they might not look like they are out of place in regards to looks but they exist and we know they will keep being made because every nation will have to have medium, heavy, light and TD lines (I'm not sure they intend to make it so that all have arties since people cry too much about arties but maybe that too).

For the moment, none of the tanks look out of place and that's what matters as far as visual impact is concerned. If that ever changes in the future or not I dunno, but I highly doubt it.

My only problem with the KV2R or the skin for the BDR is the price point.

Djekatek #306 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21252 battles
  • [BBQ] BBQ
The only problem i have with this premium tank is, that it has the same specs as the normal KV2. So this is a slap in the face to all thoes ppl who grinded this tank, shame on you WG

Wayward_Current #307 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11325 battles

Careful Wg!

Do not make same crap as Lucas Arts did with Last Jedi.film. not listening to your main target custommers,and your main target custommers are WW 2 and historic tank fans.

Saving grace is that we can remove that camo travesty and apply normal tank appearance. 

Once more, careful WG.

Edited by Wayward_Current, 16 May 2018 - 07:01 PM.

Bruecki2938 #308 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5933 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostDjekatek, on 16 May 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

The only problem i have with this premium tank is, that it has the same specs as the normal KV2. So this is a slap in the face to all thoes ppl who grinded this tank, shame on you WG

Yep grinding KV-2 - soooo much work....this is exactly my point... people will ALWAYS find something to complain about.....

Jigabachi #309 Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'm not that much into it, but I'm not sure that this looks like WH at all. I expected something... different.
Besides that, as long as you can turn it off, I have absolutely no problem with stuff like that.
Still no idea who would buy something like that for that much money.

HadurHun #310 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65560 battles
  • [HADUR] HADUR

View PostBruecki2938, on 16 May 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

To be honest I don't get why so many are upset...

1) It's a normal tech tree KV-2

2) The skin is not that "clowny" as it could get

3) You pay a hefty price for 0-perk crew and a tank with "premium tank benefits"

If someone wants to spend 28 EURs on a tech tree tank with some personal non game breaking benefits.... I couldn't care less.

And to be honest....WG has to make money....

a) They bring an overpowered premium everyone is crying "P2W - F* you WG"

b) They bring an underpowered premium everyone is crying "Why do I have to pay XX Euros for this crap tank - F* you WG"

c) They bring a 1:1 copy of a tech tree tank everyone is crying "Why do I have to pay XX Euros for a tech tree tank - F* you WG"

d) They bring "special skins" tanks everyone is crying "That's not historical - F* you WG"

So please let me know which premium tanks WG can release to make money which isn't upsetting the player base?

Beside that, I agree that I would have rather seen the release of the Carn AX, Cent 5/1 and some other premium tanks instead of a 1:1 copy (stats wise) of a tech tree tank - But this is personal BIAS.

And as some other guys already said: Look how many people bought the Italo tank on the first day without any discount..... So there are people willing to spend money for this stuff and you can not blame a company to take advantage of this.

Last thing:

To be honest most people complaining here are not financing the game on a level others do!

Breaking news: WG doesn't care if you "quit the game" - which at least 50 % won't do anyways - because you are not bringing in the money!

Truth was spoken, but the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee people wont understand n'or accept it!

MGMaximus #311 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 549 battles
Its actually nice.. a bit over priced but.. WG why are alot of premium tanks time limited for sale!!!!! - atleast sell it without the crew for cheaper on the tech tree!!!! Otherwise whats point of having gold!!!!!

Elhazzared #312 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20486 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
They don't want some tanks being bought with gold awarded from clan wars.

HansiVonHinten #313 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40105 battles

Hahahaha Wargaming, Edited , jesus.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to discussing moderation.

Edited by VMX, 17 May 2018 - 05:32 PM.

Bordhaw #314 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9581 battles

Who cares, you can remove the Warhammer skin and add you own camo etc.

However, the price even with a BIA crew is too much. 

Elhazzared #315 Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20486 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Yeah. If they ever sell the KV2R for about 15 euros which is the normal price for the tier 6 premium tanks. I'll buy it without a second thought and that is saying a lot coming from someone who is for the most part refusing to give WG any money.

But this amount of gouging, just no! I can very clearly see this for what it is. They are testing the waters to see if they can overprice something and see if it sells well.

Erwin_Von_Braun #316 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36115 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Some would call this another nail in WoT coffin.

Some would say this sort of thing is inevitable & a natural progression.

Personally, I'm indifferent - seen a few of them today but with the Non-Historical BS turned off, it isn't really an issue.

However, I do think it's the thin end of the wedge...

SlenderMoose #317 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 51885 battles
  • [3V] 3V

View PostTobiJet, on 16 May 2018 - 05:30 PM, said:

I didn`t just "assume stuff".

It's a fact that people don`t like to drive cars stickered with ads.

I never said the Warhammer skins couldn't be hidden.

I`m just concerned about the future of WoT, because you can`t just hide the unhistoricalness of tanks that are entirely based on fantasy by unchecking something, without completely breaking MM. If WG decided to sell the "Nameless" (as it was already sold on the Asian server) or introduce tanks from C&C, they won't be able to look like real tanks, because they would have completely different hitboxes.

That's why I am criticizing the introduction of fantasy skins. Its a first step in a direction to tanks that cannot, under no circumstances, look even close to something real.

Comparing the Valkyria Nameless One with KV-2 R is really not fair though.

Vindkall #318 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11616 battles
I, for one, hate Warhammer. It's just boring in all aspects. And if someone like Warhammer they should maybe play warhammer in all the essence that is warhammer.
What next? CS:GO skin? Halo? Mutant?

Should i remove all player in my Blacklist and only add players that have bought this BS tank? Guess we shall see.

zakktell #319 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26500 battles
Sooo much heresy in this topic calling 40k anime....Get your facts straight heretics or it will be Extermimatus for all of you.

HadurHun #320 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65560 battles
  • [HADUR] HADUR
I want kv 3 premium with this skin!

Edited by HadurHun, 16 May 2018 - 08:41 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users