Warhammer 40,000 Tanks Storm the Battlefield

• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

Kawaii_Pandaren #321 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29662 battles

As a big 40K nerd I bought skin set for BDR. I wont buy KV-2 simply because its full rng machine, and sometimes you do little to no damage and reload for 20sec. I'd like to have some premium version (or again skins) of T6 churchill in Astra Militarum style, and tier8 premium heavy.. wait for it..

IT IS THE BEEEEEINNNBLEEEEHHDDDEEEE!

Also premium Spess Mehreen predator metal bawkses, with Boreale as commander with his legendary quotes, so I could show the enemies - Multiple, simultaneous, and devastating defensive deep strikes. The codex astartes calls this maneuvah Steel Rehn !

For the Emprah  !

Edited by Duce_Anchovy_, 16 May 2018 - 09:05 PM.

WindSplitter1 #322 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16669 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

I'm not interested in grinding the KV-2 and while I would very much welcome a premium version of it, at Tier VI, for almost 30 euros, is a no-no.

More to that, unlike some of the die-hards and purists, I don't mind at all some "Fakemon" but the skin is still horrible.

One of the reasons I didn't get the AMX 13 57 GF was due to the WGL branding. Now you're offering a tank that... has the same features I didn't enjoy in the past and still don't enjoy currently.

Other than that, I understand the... Warhammer? Is this how you say it? I understand the deal with them, but the Japanese Tiger is 16 or so Euros. The standard version of this vehicle is 27. Not gonna happen.

I welcome changes like this that don't affect the play performance. Feel free to add versions of other tanks from other games. I'm not a purist and there are plenty of fake designs in the game so, I'm not sure why people are panicking.

But the heavy meta is dead. Try it with Tank Destroyers.

ciscoasa #323 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30612 battles
30 euro just for skin ? ahahaha overpiced tier6  premium tank

Edited by ciscoasa, 16 May 2018 - 09:53 PM.

northwind789 #324 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20319 battles

KV-2 Valhallan Ragnarok Offers

Ok if you did this for the Swedish or the Germans but the Russians... What?? How, what ?? that the Russians is suddenly Vikings???  :facepalm:

The Viking Rurik from Sweden founded Russia, but Russia never been any Vikings...
:angry:

SABAOTH #325 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 37402 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostBruecki2938, on 16 May 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

If someone wants to spend 28 EURs on a tech tree tank with some personal non game breaking benefits.... I couldn't care less.

And to be honest....WG has to make money....

a) They bring an overpowered premium everyone is crying "P2W - F* you WG"

b) They bring an underpowered premium everyone is crying "Why do I have to pay XX Euros for this crap tank - F* you WG"

c) They bring a 1:1 copy of a tech tree tank everyone is crying "Why do I have to pay XX Euros for a tech tree tank - F* you WG"

d) They bring "special skins" tanks everyone is crying "That's not historical - F* you WG"

So please let me know which premium tanks WG can release to make money which isn't upsetting the player base?

There is a reason why the EU forum is called "Drama Queen" after all :coin:

LevelZer0 #326 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 54392 battles
  • [WH4T-] WH4T-

Hello everybody,

as I have discussed already in the german thread of the same news:

If you compare the price for the KV-2 with the one for the T-34-85 and then the price for the Rudy and the Ragnarök, you will find that the Ragnarök (without the special camo) values about 12,50 Euro.
That is less than the Rudy. 

Even if you take into consideration that there is a hefty price-tag for the WH40K - camo of about 5 Euro the Ragnarök should cost not more than 15-20 Euros.

And that is where this tank would have been a nobrainer.

But as it is .. No WG, thank you, but no.

Problem is, i have 30 more days to think about this decission. :sceptic:

And for the argument of 0-Skill BiA perk.

If you buy the Rudy twice, it is only 2 Euro more (if i calculated this correctly) but you receive not only 6 BiA crew, but 8.

So this argument (BiA-crew) is not valuable.

At least for me.

Edited by LevelZer0, 16 May 2018 - 10:32 PM.

PipeHugger #327 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11027 battles
  • [BOF] BOF
How is the Hello Kitty Patton coming along?

exelloth #328 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8516 battles
I want Edelweis and Nameless.

Dexatroph #329 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:44 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 45436 battles

@kandly, @ph3lan 

This copy of the KV-2R is a very good showcase that the tank what looks exactly the same on paper is worse when it comes to the effective traverse speed. This is because the KV-2 R is a premium tank what doesn't have any stock engine what has an influence on the caluclation of the effective traverse speeds.

https://tanks.gg/com...41211a&t=kv-2-r

Can you confirm? If so are you going to fix that to make the both KV-2 even? 

BTW: Do you have information when the effective traverse speed will be shown in the garage to the players?

ciscoasa #330 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30612 battles
same crap +  camo for 30 euro

General_Blunder #331 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13163 battles

Premium KV2? Great Idea. BIA Crew? Great idea. Custom skin? Great Idea. WH40k Custom Skin? Terrible idea. I really don't understand what you were thinking here - people who play WH40k already have a plethora of games and will be playing this already if it interests them.

The price? Honestly Wargaming - worst idea of the lot. Terribly, terribly overpriced for something you can get entirely free without the skin job. If it were competitively priced with the other Berlin tier 6's I would snap this up but this? Ridiculous. Don't buy it guys. Wargaming will absolutely listen to that.

Edited by General_Blunder, 17 May 2018 - 12:54 AM.

Pattonizer #332 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8756 battles

JUST Edited 

Thank you.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 17 May 2018 - 05:39 PM.

wesselhoff #333 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 49722 battles
  • [DUST_] DUST_

why is everyone complaining about this tank you can just turn it off in your settings if you dont want to see a tank with non historical skin/camo

but yes the price it to high!! if you look on what you get but i dont see the diffrence between buy this than the P,victoria .and many of the other prem tanks that has come through the years 

and in the end its up to the player if he or she  want to buy it or not 

Afdass #334 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12991 battles

View Postwesselhoff, on 17 May 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

why is everyone complaining about this tank you can just turn it off in your settings if you dont want to see a tank with non historical skin/camo

but yes the price it to high!! if you look on what you get but i dont see the diffrence between buy this than the P,victoria .and many of the other prem tanks that has come through the years 

and in the end its up to the player if he or she  want to buy it or not 

Another reason why this is stupid. Whoever buys it is paying for a skin they probably want to "show off", not in a bad way, but just to get other people to see it and know in some way that the player likes the skin he bought.

But when there is the option to "hide skins and stuff" that special effect someone bought becomes useless because some people will just not see it.

Isn't the "skin" thing is every single game a way to show off and get people, sometimes, jealous or impressed with such feature? 

I don't mind the non-historical factor of the game. I don't mind those purple + green FV4005s cruising around. I don't mind those transparent camos with red or blue points in it. I don't mind the special camos from Christmas or special events. I never turned off the non-historical box and I'm not really interesting in doing so because I enjoy watching other players showing off their custom camos.

This "Valhallan Ragnarok" skin loses its purpose once someone decides to hide non-historical camo. 

Jigabachi #335 Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAfdass, on 17 May 2018 - 02:13 AM, said:

This "Valhallan Ragnarok" skin loses its purpose once someone decides to hide non-historical camo. 

Not at all. 

You use it to make your tank look different when you play it. If the sole reason to buy it is to show off, you should really rethink some things in your life...

TardWurst #336 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41631 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Is there any game left that doesn't have this stupid cartoon crap shat all over it?

Negativvv #337 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9611 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
Thing is for me, I haven't finished my KV2 grind. Some day I might want that Arty thing it leads onto and it's not a tank I play that often...

Gremlin182 #338 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:51 AM

General

• Player
  • 49683 battles

All I can picture when I read some of these is the emperor from Star Wars.

Use your aggressive feelings let the hate flow through you turn to the dark side.

Its just so funny.

What does it take for someone to get so worked up about something that does not affect them or their immersion in the game one bit.

There is a mod that changes the sixth sense icon to the eye of sauron and an audio file that uses saurons voice to say "I can see you"

Its likely you have played against someone who uses that mod.

Did it make your game experience worse because something from Lord of the Rings was added to the game.

Another mod changes the crew voices to those from Girls und Panzer, is your game ruined yet ?

Now wargaming made a deal with Games Workshop and we have 2 warhammer skins in the game that no one has to see.

Game ruined yet.

Now ok yes there are 2 possibilities that might happen.

It is possible that wargaming could start making changes so the look of the game becomes more like warhammer.

Game skins that cannot be turned off or perhaps a warhammer influenced map.

Its unlikely because they know that would turn a lot of players away from the game and they are not stupid.

It is possible that if enough players buy the KV2 it will influence premium tank prices,

That one is more likely though I think the reason for the high price for the KV2 is much more to do with limiting numbers.

Had they introduced a Premium KV2 with 6 BIA crew members for say £12 the game would be flooded with them.

There would be lots of 3 man KV2 platoons and the forum would be flooded with posts expressing anger about WG being stupid.

So I guess no change there ;)

Also if it were priced at around £12 you could buy 2 of them that's 12 BIA crew that be could retrained to give 3 standard 4 man crews

peterszegvari #339 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14620 battles
  • [HUSL] HUSL
I would buy the BDR skin if it made my BDR a premium,but WG says "keep ya money, mate". 

iKnewIT #340 Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 73848 battles

View PostBruecki2938, on 16 May 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

To be honest I don't get why so many are upset...

1) It's a normal tech tree KV-2

2) The skin is not that "clowny" as it could get

3) You pay a hefty price for 0-perk crew and a tank with "premium tank benefits"

If someone wants to spend 28 EURs on a tech tree tank with some personal non game breaking benefits.... I couldn't care less.

And to be honest....WG has to make money....

a) They bring an overpowered premium everyone is crying "P2W - F* you WG"

b) They bring an underpowered premium everyone is crying "Why do I have to pay XX Euros for this crap tank - F* you WG"

c) They bring a 1:1 copy of a tech tree tank everyone is crying "Why do I have to pay XX Euros for a tech tree tank - F* you WG"

d) They bring "special skins" tanks everyone is crying "That's not historical - F* you WG"

So please let me know which premium tanks WG can release to make money which isn't upsetting the player base?

Beside that, I agree that I would have rather seen the release of the Carn AX, Cent 5/1 and some other premium tanks instead of a 1:1 copy (stats wise) of a tech tree tank - But this is personal BIAS.

And as some other guys already said: Look how many people bought the Italo tank on the first day without any discount..... So there are people willing to spend money for this stuff and you can not blame a company to take advantage of this.

Last thing:

To be honest most people complaining here are not financing the game on a level others do!

Breaking news: WG doesn't care if you "quit the game" - which at least 50 % won't do anyways - because you are not bringing in the money!

You are right.

I personally do not whine about such things.

I only asked: WTF?

Mine point of view - I won't buy it because of:

1. I turned off non historical camo form the very beginning, so I do not need this camo anyway. ;)

2. The price.....

3. I already have standard KV-2 with 4 perks crew, but I do not remember, when I had the last battle with it....

Yep, additional crew set would be good, but one more time.... the price...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users