• Please log in to reply
464 replies to this topic

Elhazzared #381 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20846 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostChipmunk_of_Vengeance, on 17 May 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

It is priced like a regular Tier 6 premium, but you are also getting the £9-10 skin with it as well.

No it's not. Tanks sold with skins in the past have all without a single exception (at least I don't remember any but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) been sold at the same price as a regular price. This means that the value of cool skins on premium tnaks is exactly 0. They are there only as an extra attractive point for you to buy the tank.

Ph3lan #382 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18568 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostDexatroph, on 17 May 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Hey Ph3lan,

can I point you to that post: http://forum.worldof...7#entry15757777

Would be nice to get a confirmation and whats planned to tackle that? 

Thanks

I'll check this out and report back.

mikedee #383 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 22142 battles
I'd rather see these fantasy clown tanks running around than the totally historical defenders, skorpions, chrysler k and 13 57s

_flyingdutchmen #384 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26852 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY

Win I saw this tank on the front page, I was very excited, I love the KV-2 and still have it in my garage, I drive it weekly once or twice, I wanted to buy the KV® right away. got my credit card ready and went to the premium shop. Till I saw the price.... Excitement transformed in disappointment and outrage. how can they price a tier 6 tank 27 euros!! @ph3lan!! what are you doing to us!!

please sell this without the camo for a normal price of 15 euro. you're selling cromwell bernin and rudy with bia Creu for 14-15 euro. why is this priced twice at much? please.

Edited by _flyingdutchmen, 17 May 2018 - 02:30 PM.

Grand_Moff_Tano #385 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1762 battles
  • [BC28] BC28

View PostElhazzared, on 17 May 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

No it's not. Tanks sold with skins in the past have all without a single exception (at least I don't remember any but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) been sold at the same price as a regular price. This means that the value of cool skins on premium tnaks is exactly 0. They are there only as an extra attractive point for you to buy the tank.

Considering the skin can be removed and reapplied, I think it is a change of how such a vehicle works, so the skin costs extra (considering it can be removed from the premium).

Gremlin182 #386 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:23 PM

General

• Player
  • 48025 battles

This idea of "milking" the EU playerbase, not sure about that.

even assuming that on average EU players spend more than those on other servers is it milking.

Suppose they set a higher price for premium ammo just on the EU servers then yes that would be milking.

I think its perhaps milking warhammer fans on all the servers its sold because its directly aimed at them.

Its overpriced whether because its licensed from GW or for some other reason.

I welcome it as the first derp premium tank and hope they follow up with others.

I also like the idea of premium versions of standard vehicles.

Suggestion if you want an easy way to motivate players to buy premium tanks use standard modules on them.

I mention that because according to the tank comparison in the game and tanks GG the gun turret suspension engine and Radio are the same on both the KV2 and the KV2 R

Can anyone who has not yet fully researched the KV2 confirm this ?

Does buying the KV2 R unlock those modules on the standard KV2.

Its something you should consider doing and makes the price hike a little more reasonable.

Elhazzared #387 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20846 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostChipmunk_of_Vengeance, on 17 May 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

Considering the skin can be removed and reapplied, I think it is a change of how such a vehicle works, so the skin costs extra (considering it can be removed from the premium).

The skin is KV2R exclusive... Maybe it works on a regular KV2 too but I think it doesn't still, it's not like you can use it on any other tank, the only reason they went with a skin rather than a paint job it's for all of those people who seem to say their eyes bleed when looking at it, despite the fact that the skin blends in extremely well with WW2 themes and somehow the purple maus and the clown xmas skins are perfectly fine for these people. As the skin is nothing but a special camo it comes with, there is no reason to charge for it when it was never charged for in the past!

View PostGremlin182, on 17 May 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

This idea of "milking" the EU playerbase, not sure about that.

even assuming that on average EU players spend more than those on other servers is it milking.

Suppose they set a higher price for premium ammo just on the EU servers then yes that would be milking.

I think its perhaps milking warhammer fans on all the servers its sold because its directly aimed at them.

Its overpriced whether because its licensed from GW or for some other reason.

I welcome it as the first derp premium tank and hope they follow up with others.

I also like the idea of premium versions of standard vehicles.

Suggestion if you want an easy way to motivate players to buy premium tanks use standard modules on them.

I mention that because according to the tank comparison in the game and tanks GG the gun turret suspension engine and Radio are the same on both the KV2 and the KV2 R

Can anyone who has not yet fully researched the KV2 confirm this ?

Does buying the KV2 R unlock those modules on the standard KV2.

Its something you should consider doing and makes the price hike a little more reasonable.

First, even if it was milking the 40K fans it would still be milking and wrong! Second the whole point is for them to test the waters towards making things like this, them a camo and sell things completly overpriced if there is success in milking the people who have more money than brains.

It's overprice is because they are testing the waters as I said. It has nothing to do with GW. Does GW gets a share of the revenue, yes, it's GW and they are also one of the worst companies when it comes to licencing their IP. That said WG did such things in the past with other companies when there was releases of tank movies and even the nameless tanks of valkyria chronicles and everything was at normal prices. Did WG not have to pay them their share? Of course they had, they just accepted making less profit in order to sell in mass for something of another brand. There is no reason to chage that policy.

I also welcome the tank, the KV2 is my favorite tank and I have over 2k battle in it. I want it but I will not pay an absurd price for it when I could buy a tier 8 premium tank for the same price of a tier 6. It's ridiculous in the extreme!

Yes I also like the idea of premium vehicles that are versions of the standard although I'd prefer for them to do it the way they did in WoWS where you can buy a skin that makes the regular tank into a premium one. It's ridiculous why WG won't use the ideas they had on other products which were successful and good in older games.

Kozak_1980 #388 Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16475 battles
Tier 6 at a price of tier 8?   Are you kidding players? : facepalm:

Ph3lan #389 Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:27 PM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18568 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostDexatroph, on 17 May 2018 - 09:55 AM, said:

Hey Ph3lan,

can I point you to that post: http://forum.worldof...7#entry15757777

Would be nice to get a confirmation and whats planned to tackle that? 

Thanks

I checked this and this is likely an error on tanks.gg since the normal KV-2 and the Ragnarok are completely identical when it comes to their characteristics. 

Edit: but I'll keep investigating, just in case there is a bug. If that's the case it is not intended and we will fix it.

Bruecki2938 #390 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6193 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

This special skin is less "clown" than Patriot & Liberte.

AND FOR GOD SAKE

It's 100 times better and more "historical" than purple, yellow, "vommit green" and all other Edited  Mouses, FV4005s, E100s and so on.

SO PLEASE

Edited ?

If you don't like it, don't buy it and enable "hide non historical elements".

You think 28 EURO is too much - I agree it's too much for my personal taste - but guess what? JUST DON'T BUY IT! NOBODY IS FORCING YOU!

And if others want to spend 28 EURO on this tank: Let them spend their money like they want. It's none of your business!

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX, 17 May 2018 - 06:37 PM.

Elhazzared #391 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20846 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostBruecki2938, on 17 May 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

This special skin is less "clown" than Patriot & Liberte.

AND FOR GOD SAKE

It's 100 times better and more "historical" than purple, yellow, "vommit green" and all other Edited  Mouses, FV4005s, E100s and so on.

SO PLEASE

Edited ?

If you don't like it, don't buy it and enable "hide non historical elements".

You think 28 EURO is too much - I agree it's too much for my personal taste - but guess what? JUST DON'T BUY IT! NOBODY IS FORCING YOU!

And if others want to spend 28 EURO on this tank: Let them spend their money like they want. It's none of your business!

Yeah, I'm not buying cause it's too much but I want to buy it for a fair price!

Other people spending money on this is everyone's business, do you know why? Because if this is successful then it won't be long before everything gets a 100% increase!

Edited by VMX, 17 May 2018 - 06:41 PM.

Bruecki2938 #392 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6193 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostElhazzared, on 17 May 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

Other people spending money on this is everyone's business, do you know why? Because if this is successful then it won't be long before everything gets a 100% increase!

Since when have prices to be fair? I think you don't understand how free market economy is working.

Of course it's possible that they will increase the prices for all their products when this overpriced thing will sell well and make them substantial profit.

But that's the system we are living in.

If they would double the prices on everything in their shop and they would make more profit despite having fewer customers because of it -> Still the right move for a company because more profit!

If the profit would drop because only a small customer base is buying the items -> They will reduce the costs until sales figures go up again....

I don't see the "special WG bad boy" facts here - This is common business practice.....

Who decides what is fair?

For a guy earning 5k net a month 28 EUR can be "fair" because he doesn't care if it costs 18 EUR or 28 EUR or 38 EUR - If he want's it, he will buy it.

For a guy earning 1k net a month 28 EUR is NOT "fair" for sure but even if it would only cost 18 EUR, he maybe is better off saving the money instead of buying a pixel tank.

Do you blame people who are buying Porsches & Lambos too?

Because they also buy it at a very high price and therfor the companies selling don't have any reasons to lower the price so everyone can buy it.

Do you know how this sort of thinking/emotion is called? Jealousy....

"FUN" FACT: Ask some factory workers in Taiwan/China if they think it's "fair" that you can buy your T-Shirt for 1 EUR.....

Edited by Bruecki2938, 17 May 2018 - 04:58 PM.

Elhazzared #393 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20846 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostBruecki2938, on 17 May 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Since when have prices to be fair? I think you don't understand how free market economy is working.

Of course it's possible that they will increase the prices for all their products when this overpriced thing will sell well and make more profit.

But that's the system we are living in.

If they would double the prices on everything in their shop and they would make more profit despite having fewer customers because of it -> Still the right move for a company because more profit!

If the profit would drop because only a small customer base is buying the items -> They will reduce the costs until sales figures go up again....

I don't see the "special WG bad boy" facts here - This is common business practice.....

Who decides what is fair?

For a guy earning 5k net a month 28 EUR can be "fair" because he doesn't care if it costs 18 EUR or 28 EUR or 38 EUR - If he want's it, he will buy it.

For a guy earning 1k net a month 28 EUR is NOT "fair" for sure but even if it would only cost 18 EUR, he maybe is better off saving the money instead of buying a pixel tank.

Because they also buy it at a very high price and therfor the companies selling don't have any reasons to lower the price so everyone can buy it.

There is such thing such as fair prices and it's why governments never allow for a truly free market to emerge otherwise let's all keep teh costs of living 10x as high as the wages because that makes sense right? no, no it doesn't.

I certainly do not have a problem with porches and such being high priced because they do not inflate the price of every day cars. If they did you can bet I'd have a problem with it. This is not jealousy.

The difference is that bad practices by companies that are allowed by their customers will only keep making things worse and worse for everyone.

Unfortunately in the internet everything is allowed and since we don't actually have anyone keeping companies in line and telling them what is acceptable practices and what isn't, it's up to us, customers to tell them that we will not take certain things.

Is this jealousy? No, I am not jealous of all the people who have the KV2R. I have a KV2 after all and though I wanted to have a KV2R just to have a second with premium economy going on, it's not like it matters that much whether I have it or since I don't use tie 6 to make money, I use tier 8 for that. I can live without the skin too. Sure it's cool but I never really bought cosmetics in any game anyway, it was not going to be now that I was going to start. I just do not find this an acceptable practice and like me there are many who have been vocal about this and the more there are the better.

250swb #394 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22177 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBruecki2938, on 17 May 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

I think you will find that men who buy Porsche's and Lamborghini's are still attractive to the opposite sex even if they are overweight and plug ugly. How many women are trying to break down the bedroom door of somebody who's bought themselves a Ragnarok KV-2? Oh well, they can dream that somebody is jealous of them. :teethhappy:

Edited by 250swb, 17 May 2018 - 05:10 PM.

Bruecki2938 #395 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6193 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand where you are coming from and from the customer POV I totally understand you AND agree with you.

But what I don't understand is the level of "hate" towards WG for bringing this tank/bundle/price.

If you don't like it, just don't buy it.

If it doesn't sell well, we won't see such bundles/prices again.

But you can not tell people how to spend their money still - None of your business and non of your rights.

PS:

I won't buy it either because it's not 28 EUR worth to me.

Because I would buy a tank which I would play maybe once a week for a "round of fun"?!? But I wouldn't buy it for 18 EUR either because for the very same reason.

On the other side if I would be a KV-2 lover and drive it "on a daily basis" I would buy it despite costing 28 EUR. Why? Because over a period of 1 week I would have had more fun with this tank than I would have had spending 28 EUR on 7 beers! (And I can keep having fun with this tank until WG decides to stop WoT and not only 1 night out drinking 7 beers)

Edited by Bruecki2938, 17 May 2018 - 05:14 PM.

NoobySkooby #396 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12251 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostElhazzared, on 17 May 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

No it is not everyone's business if someone wants to buy anything premium, no one else even has a right to comment on it, much less harangue someone for it, but this is not how it works here in the forums.

I like my premiums for the free xp they bring in, and will continue to to play whenever I wish

Judging by how many I am beginning to see on the battle field then it looks like a success anyway, as for the big increases you foresee, if that happens then sales will drop, i am sure the WG understands this.

Elhazzared #397 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20846 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostBruecki2938, on 17 May 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand where you are coming from and from the customer POV I totally understand you AND agree with you.

But what I don't understand is the level of "hate" towards WG for bringing this tank/bundle/price.

If you don't like it, just don't buy it.

If it doesn't sell well, we won't see such bundles/prices again.

But you can not tell people how to spend their money still - None of your business and non of your rights.

PS:

I won't buy it either because it's not 28 EUR worth to me.

Because I would buy a tank which I would play maybe once a week for a "round of fun"?!? But I wouldn't buy it for 18 EUR either because for the very same reason.

On the other side if I would be a KV-2 lover and drive it "on a daily basis" I would buy it despite costing 28 EUR. Why? Because over a period of 1 week I would have had more fun with this tank than I would have had spending 28 EUR on 7 beers! (And I can keep having fun with this tank until WG decides to stop WoT and not only 1 night out drinking 7 beers)

I hate bad business practices because companies will keep doing them and making worse and worse business practices (at least where the consumer is concerned) the more we enable them. Thus we have to show them how strongly we dislike them whenever they rear their ugly head.

I could simply not buy and not make any noise and that at the end of the day would be nothing but encouragement for WG which on one side didn't had complaints and on the other side, had more sales because less discerning people didn't understood what exactly they were promoting by buying it.

And indeed if it doesn't sells we won't see it again thus we should make all the possible noise to prevent it from selling as much as possible. Either till WG removes this from sale or hopefully until they'll lower it's price and refund those who spent too much on it. However judging by WG bad practices all over this years, little chance of the last ever happening.

I am not able to actually prevent people from buying this tank. If they have more money than brains and they really want it, they will buy it. Plain and simple. I can however advise them on not buying and explain why it is bad to buy that tank which I will do.

It's funny that you say if it was a tank you played daily you'd buy cause it's just a few less beers. The problem is not really what you or anyone else for that matter have to give up to buy the tank. It's the nature of jacking up prices to milk customers which is a deplorable practice.

View PostNoobySkooby, on 17 May 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

No it is not everyone's business if someone wants to buy anything premium, no one else even has a right to comment on it, much less harangue someone for it, but this is not how it works here in the forums.

I like my premiums for the free xp they bring in, and will continue to to play whenever I wish

Judging by how many I am beginning to see on the battle field then it looks like a success anyway, as for the big increases you foresee, if that happens then sales will drop, i am sure the WG understands this.

It is everyone business how the company will do moving forwards because we've spent money in the game and because we don't want to encourage the company to have any more bad practices than it already has.

I am not harassing anyone (think that's what you meant), I am advising people not to buy things when WG does this kind of thing and it is well within my right to make as much noise about it in the forum saying it's a bad practice and people shouldn't encourage this!

TsunamiFM #398 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18910 battles
  • [SNAKE] SNAKE
TBH I like that KV-2 ® - it's toned down, nowhere near clown, and I could imagine real tank painted like that. It's a bit expensive for tier 6, but you don't have to buy it if you consider it overpriced. And... maybe WG wants it to be somewhat rare.

GBoye #399 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20236 battles
  • [SKAAL] SKAAL

I simply do not understand that you are doing something like this.
How about server and other important softwear to work.
before you come up with such a rubbish,

How can you change your password? You never get. Never, I repeat. Never, a text sms back with a code.

When the game uploads, on the same map, one time you enter a long time before countdown, the second time the game is running when you get on.

Perhaps it was something that could be gained before you started on this crap

xx984 #400 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53872 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

I wouldnt recommend it to anyone btw , Camo looks nice and thats it, Same pile of crapas the regular KV-2. Only bought it because i like Warhammer :'V

- No armour

- No mobility 

- Terrible view range

- Horrid gun, when you hit you still only do like 300 damage for an 18 sec reload, rarely pen. For every one game where the gun actually behaves there is probably 5 where it does the exact opposite

- Horrid MM, Nearly all games are bottom tier.

All in all, add this all together and you got a tank which isnt fun to play, and will make your blood boil. Just a meme factor tank with a sexy skin

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users