World of Tanks turned into World of Bots

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Stubborn82 #1 Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18766 battles
First of all, we should really answer if this is a game of bots or not. And, to be honest, I wouldn't personally go with that classification, but in 90 out of 100 games I wished my teammates and enemy were scripted programs. So, if I'm getting the worst experience possible, hoping I had more bots between the two teams, then for sure YES, we can say that this what could bring fun game, became World of Bots.

Why, because the player base has turned into bored bunch of nerds who doesn't care about anything.

Ok, but how could I come up with this kind of conclusion, you may ask. And it isn't very difficult to answer this one too. If out of 15 people on the team, 10 are around or less than 47% win rate, then there's nothing else to conclude.

How one gets 47% or less wins while he plays? It's easy: sit in a corner of the map, wait for enemy to appear in your sights and press the mouse button to shoot. Yes, this does make sense and hopefully nobody would argue, otherwise they would look really, really stupid.

So, we go over to the next thing. Why somebody who likes this game, most people really do and you can see them at ~45% wins with over 20k, 30k, or even 40k battles, would over and over and over hit that Play button as they're not really good in it? Because, they don't have other options. They are not as aware as some of you could be, their gaming equipment might not be up to date, their I-net speed might not be as good or simply because they wanted to do something that would allow them to rest for a good couple of games.

Sure, all of these are good reasons, but if that's so and if majority of the players see the game this way or simply can't or don't want to play the game competitively, then why the developers don't do something about it? Why they don't go with a simpler maps or game modes that would allow all people in the queue to decide if they want to play a more competitive game or rather more relaxed one? First thing that comes to mind is some sort of PVE battle, but that's not necessarily the best or only "idea".

Why don't they think of a more elaborate map design? Nobody really wants or likes to play any kind of tank on Mines or Province. And we all know that's true. You all know where 70% of the players would sit on those two maps, right?

Why there are tanks in the game that make things even worse? There are plenty of examples by now how otherwise terrible, bot-like, players are doing really good in some specific vehicles.

Why there are tanks, like Swedish TD line, that can be played only if certain and best conditions are met?

How come that otherwise fragile tanks, Grille 15 in mind, are not as maneuverable, sneaky and accurate as such an idiocy like the god-like hybrid taking the armor profile of a Heavy, the speed of a Medium and the gun of a really good TD?

And we can go on rambling about different stuff for at least a year. But at the end, the common sense is that everything from start to finish makes this game playable by people who don't really care, don't have the time to really dig into it or just by bots.

Having in mind the huge "bot ban waves" that WOT devs are doing “regularly”, we all know what they really want at the end, don't we?

Nethraniel #2 Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 13535 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I guess there were people posting exactly the same as you did, already something like 6 years ago... :unsure:

Homer_J #3 Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStubborn82, on 16 May 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

Sure, all of these are good reasons, but if that's so and if majority of the players see the game this way or simply can't or don't want to play the game competitively, then why the developers don't do something about it? Why they don't go with a simpler maps or game modes that would allow all people in the queue to decide if they want to play a more competitive game or rather more relaxed one? 

Or they could introduce more competitive modes for those who want to be tryhards.  I don't know, some kind of battles where you could be part of a team, perhaps whole clans could fight other clans in some kind of war?

Then from time to time they could have something like randoms with a ranking system for tryhards with no friends.

Edited by Homer_J, 16 May 2018 - 01:07 PM.

Graeme0 #4 Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25363 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

WOW homer... what a great idea.

Then the vast majority of players wouldn't have to listen the whining stat padders that think they are special

OP sounds very 'special' indeed

Joggaman #5 Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24414 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I have carried many battles to victory by sitting in a corner and shooting red tanks. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users