Need advice for picking the best TD line

TD tankdestroyer soviet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

VendettaSRB #1 Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9395 battles

Hi guys, so I need an advice on picking the best TD line in game.

I don't have a lot of TD experience because I simultaneously despise and am a noob when it comes to Tank Destroyers. The main reason for choosing to find a TD that suits me best is because of the missions I want to finish. Other than that I don't really enjoy playing TD's because I prefer aggressive gameplay and don't like sitting in one spot.

So the only 3 lines so far I have are russian SU-85, British AT 8 ([edited]no) and american T25/2 (which I actually really like)

So my question for you guys is, which one of these 3 lines should I pursue further? Bare in mind that I don't care about what suits me best, but what suits best for the missions (which are made for classic TD stuff like shoot from a distance, kill while not spotted etc..). So I guess brawling TD's are out of question?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I couldn't find a part of the forum where you talk about TD's in general, so I placed it here.

Mr_Missclick #2 Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3246 battles
American T95 line is imo the best if you don't mind slow speed. Then SU101. The Chinese TDs doesn't worth. However, they all allow aggresive play. American turret-TDs are awesome as well but you need to be more careful. I don't consider the Germany ones as they're quite unnecessary in the currently game condition.

VendettaSRB #3 Posted 16 May 2018 - 01:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9395 battles
So if I recall correctly, once I go to T28 prototype from my current T25/2, I need to continue down the regular T28 so I can get T95 right? I dunno tbh, I already tried going for the Tortoise down that British slow TD line and it was hell for me. The pain I felt looking at it going so slow is not something I can cope with again 

Geno1isme #4 Posted 16 May 2018 - 02:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40105 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostVendettaSRB, on 16 May 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

Bare in mind that I don't care about what suits me best, but what suits best for the missions (which are made for classic TD stuff like shoot from a distance, kill while not spotted etc..). So I guess brawling TD's are out of question?

View PostVendettaSRB, on 16 May 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

I dunno tbh, I already tried going for the Tortoise down that British slow TD line and it was hell for me. The pain I felt looking at it going so slow is not something I can cope with again 

Well, you have to decide what you want. T28 and T95 can be absolute beasts, but aren't exactly fast. Su85 and its successors are more mobile, but the T8 tanks aren' that strong in the current game. Also you haven't stated which TD missions you're after ... those for the StuG or the T28HTC don't need high-tier TDs, for the T55 and Obj260 however you need T8+ firepower.

Another option would be the swedish TDs with their insane camo values and laserguns at T8+, but those are very campy (which you don't like).

VendettaSRB #5 Posted 16 May 2018 - 08:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9395 battles

I am currently on a T28HTC missions. Struggling with getting 2000 damage while remaining unspotted.

I can't really start from the beginning so swedish are out of questions.

It's either deciding whether should I focus on going for Tortoise in British, going down the Russian line or down the American one. Is T28 prototype good?

signal11th #6 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 33913 battles
  • [E-BAY] E-BAY
Basically pick the Russian TD line get the 268-4 and become 10% at least better in every stat you want to increase.

Also tagged with TD, tankdestroyer, soviet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users