Remove HE guns Immediately

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

MyDiscoParty #1 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 29361 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

So im playing the Super Conqueror on provkh and keep in mind this is not the only instance but the latest of MANY MANY MANY Games. its the end of the battle and things are a bit tense. im hulldown and theres this wonder of a tank called Type 5 Heavy.. You already know what im gonna say next. He snapshots my turret for 537hp.. Super Conqueror which is supposed to have a good turret right wargaming? SQ playstyle is to go hulldown right wargaming? Then how in gods name can you even think of ruining every single tank by giving the biggest most armored tank pre 268 v4 a gun that uses HE which pens/does dmg regardless of where it hits. and heres my problem

537 dmg to the thickest part of a Tier 10 Heavy Tank!!!!!! This is simply just pure *edited*

Please remove those HE guns. especially in tier 10 where its supposed to come down to  your "skill" and other stuff you learn while you move up from tier 1 to 10 isnt that what you wargaming said that tier 10 is the pinnacle of this game. and then all that is for naught unless you are spamming HE with a derp gun that has absolutely no place in this game that bypasses any armor you give other tanks.

Edited by NickMustaine, 20 May 2018 - 09:50 AM.
Inappropriate language

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37396 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Replay?

leggasiini #3 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12426 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

537 on Sconq turret? Come back when a perfectly hulldown Kranvagn is hit for +700 by Type 5 :trollface: 

537 isnt even THAT high, +600 rolls are possible

tank276 #4 Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48905 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Yeah, they will remove HE guns immediately, stay assured.

Today premium KV2 was released if you didnt notice.

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46690 battles

HE has an explosion radius the actual shell may well have hit the thickest part of your turret then explodes.

The top of your hull in front of the turret is 44 mm, turret roof is 50 mm The Type 5 could easily have done double that.

Not that its any consolation.

Coopsjc21 #6 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8619 battles
I'm grinding Japanese heavy line, your tears lubricate my derp barrel and increase accuracy.

c0keb0ttle #7 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18162 battles

I have forwarded your order to the WG guys. They'll implement it tomorrow, or friday at the latest.

KazeAmaru #8 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18481 battles
  • [ZE0N] ZE0N

View PostGremlin182, on 16 May 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

HE has an explosion radius the actual shell may well have hit the thickest part of your turret then explodes.

The top of your hull in front of the turret is 44 mm, turret roof is 50 mm The Type 5 could easily have done double that.

Not that its any consolation.

Not really. Even with the worst RNG and Gold it'd be

1400 x 1.25 = 1750 => No Penetration means halving it => 875 - 50mm of Armor => 825 Maximum DMG

Since the angle of the plate is increasing the effective Armor it is not possible for a Type 5 to penetrate the 50mm Plate unless shooting from it from highground.

Back to the Topic:

Removal of those guns would be a big step into the right direction. Buff the reload on the 600 DMG AP Gun and the Tanks are fine.

TheComfyChair #9 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6822 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

When they miss/ghost shell/loaded rock salt by mistake...

Enforcer1975 #10 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20675 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCoopsjc21, on 16 May 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

I'm grinding Japanese heavy line, your tears lubricate my derp barrel and increase accuracy.

The salt in tears is not good for steel parts....you're going to ruin your barrel. Stick with vaseline then they can use that when they get butthurt.

View PostMyDiscoParty, on 16 May 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

So im playing the Super Conqueror on provkh and keep in mind this is not the only instance but the latest of MANY MANY MANY Games. its the end of the battle and things are a bit tense. im hulldown and theres this wonder of a tank called Type 5 Heavy.. You already know what im gonna say next. He snapshots my turret for 537hp.. Super Conqueror which is supposed to have a good turret right wargaming? SQ playstyle is to go hulldown right wargaming? Then how in gods name can you even think of ruining every single tank by giving the biggest most armored tank pre 268 v4 a gun that uses HE which pens/does dmg regardless of where it hits. and heres my problem

537 dmg to the thickest part of a Tier 10 Heavy Tank!!!!!! This is simply just pure *edited*

Please remove those HE guns. especially in tier 10 where its supposed to come down to  your "skill" and other stuff you learn while you move up from tier 1 to 10 isnt that what you wargaming said that tier 10 is the pinnacle of this game. and then all that is for naught unless you are spamming HE with a derp gun that has absolutely no place in this game that bypasses any armor you give other tanks.

Well what else should they use against you when you are driving on of the many broken tier 10 tanks? At least you were being balanced by another broken tank. 

Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:01 PM

General

• Player
  • 28522 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMyDiscoParty, on 16 May 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

You already know what im gonna say next. 

You were ahead of me all the way.  I honestly had no idea how that was going to develop.

Strizi #12 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34635 battles

HE guns are stupid but super conqueror is equally stupid. Its overpowered and should be changed too together with derp guns. :popcorn::trollface:

Spurtung #13 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61592 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

OP plays an overpowered tank that's a total dread to face when hulldown.

Proceeds to complain about some other tank being overpowered because it can do the only thing his turret can't deal with.

On top of all this, he's clan commander of a fanboy club.

Only way this could be any more perfect and in character would be in a stream, with tears.

samuelx43a #14 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21421 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

sorry to burst your bubble, but derp guns did exist irl, tanks like the SU and ISU were notorious for using their HE shells as anti tank weaponry, the KV-2( a real tank) was also a great threat.

Also, I can't stand s conqs, as it seemes that they only fire APCR at you, never mind their incredibly high penetration normal rounds, bah, who cares...

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47873 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

Interesting read but i find comparing the glorious Type 5 to the S.C really alarming!!! Going hull down in a hull down tank makes it broken??? Hull down the tank has 2 weak spots which are not so weak but can be used to damage it unlike the Type which is an in-your-face monster that requires very high pen to damage and will deal considerable damage to you anyway.

Seriously guys, what's the problem here? going hull down in a tank that's designed to do that?

Dundato #16 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26168 battles
Yes we will remove it for you. Sorry for the inconvenience. We have deposited 5000 gold and 1 year premium to your account for all the suffering and stress that you have had to endure during these troubling times

Spurtung #17 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:26 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61592 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 May 2018 - 02:48 AM, said:

Interesting read but i find comparing the glorious Type 5 to the S.C really alarming!!! Going hull down in a hull down tank makes it broken??? Hull down the tank has 2 weak spots which are not so weak but can be used to damage it unlike the Type which is an in-your-face monster that requires very high pen to damage and will deal considerable damage to you anyway.

Seriously guys, what's the problem here? going hull down in a tank that's designed to do that?

Interesting read but i find comparing the glorious S.C to the Type 5 really alarming!!! Derping with a derp gun makes it broken??? It's a slow platform that's designed to get spammed by HEAT shells from the front and pretty much anything else from the sides unlike the S.Conq. which blocks HEAT, has mobility, gun depression, requires very careful aiming to damage (which can be negated by a competent driver) and will rip you apart with its DPM anyway.

Seriously guys, what's the problem here? Derping with a tank that's designed to do that?

your turn.

Edited by Spurtung, 17 May 2018 - 02:27 AM.

Afdass #18 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12976 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 17 May 2018 - 12:48 AM, said:

What weakspots? S. Conqueror hulldown has a "weakspot" below the gun with 280-300+ mm thick. Cupola isn't a weakspot as you will need to shoot premium ammo (HEAT mostly because normalisation stuff). Type 4's and 5's have pretty similar weakspots' thickness in the front with 240-250/260-270mm.

Type 4's and 5's are broken because their armor and face snapping 150mm shells with 1.1k or 1.4k alpga dmg but the S. Conqueror doesn't stay behind that because of its also broken armor and DPM and gund handling and so on. I don't mind having japanese derp-heavies in the game just to shoot those OP broken tanks in positions they can't be countered in any other way.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:25 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27555 battles
OP clearly thinks the Type should have instead utilised "skill" to counter his hulldown impenetrable turret by flanking him.

evcro #20 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:05 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 3811 battles
whaaaaaaah whaaaaaaaaah nerf the only thing that denies my invulnerability

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users