T95 wut strv

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

DracheimFlug #21 Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostDeBanus, on 18 May 2018 - 05:01 AM, said:

World of Tanks go home, you're drunk....

Well I do hear that the Primo Victoria is on sake....

Balc0ra #22 Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostDava_117, on 18 May 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Well, the shell can bounce on the sideskirt. Those are 74 or 101mm thick, depending on the location, but all those thickness are enought to allow a 105mm shell to ricochet.

They can, but if they did there would at least be a 2nd tracer. There was nothing visually indicating that it hit anything behind the tracks. Or a 2nd tracer off the skirts going up under, or in the side of the tank. As I clipped the camera all over the side and under the tank to look for it. But that don't indicate there was none. As there was still a 2nd impact on the rear plate. So it hit something on the server side to change direction. It's not easy to say what with the client side info anyway.

Edited by Balc0ra, 18 May 2018 - 10:46 AM.

Somnorila #23 Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 55832 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

Probably ricochet. But i wouldn't completely exclude rng and BS server-client communication as it's not the first time when a shell hit through the side of a mountain. What you see is not always what it is. I did hit many enemies through that type of situation and also was killed many times, specially in fast vehicles, behind cover. You know, when you take a chance and you think you just got away with it just to find your tank a wreck completely behind cover thinking how the hell did he just hit me... My logic is to think about counter-strike in the old days and how you got head shot behind cover. It's the communication between the server and both clients. the server arranges the course of an action according to the information it gets from the clients. So because of lag or other causes when the enemy shot it was dead on, that info was sent may be a bit late but it still registered as valid and the server concluded that his action was before your action to be behind cover. Thus you died. But you were already in cover so your wreck is situated in cover. It's weird and probably a glitch but valid nonetheless.

This type of situation with mountain sides, i guess it's something similar but with the positioning of the tank in regards to the mountain. It's not the first time when visually an enemy is behind the mountain but i can highlight it with my camera by pointing at the margin of the mountain. I understand from that that the server sees it offset than my client renders it.

pecopad #24 Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23541 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

I almost sure there are problems in the T95 hitboxes with patch 1.0.

Front wheel sprocket, the muzzle break and the hook on the LFP, at least. I have been penned frontally by all sort of tanks most notably Skorpions, Projettos...

I hope this is some kind of aimbot honeypot... because if its not, for sure it would be a good idea.

Edited by pecopad, 18 May 2018 - 10:53 AM.

Dava_117 #25 Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:11 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19469 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postpecopad, on 18 May 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

Front wheel sprocket, the muzzle break and the hook on the LFP, at least. I have been penned frontally by all sort of tanks most notably Skorpions, Projettos...

I hope this is some kind of aimbot honeypot... because if its not, for sure it would be a good idea.

To be fair, LFP has allways been a weackspot. Not reliable for tier 8 guns, but just a slight depression can enable them to pen you.

HaZardeur #26 Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33445 battles

This might help you:

pecopad #27 Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23541 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostDava_117, on 18 May 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

To be fair, LFP has allways been a weackspot. Not reliable for tier 8 guns, but just a slight depression can enable them to pen you.

For Skorpions, I don't recall ever being penned before 1.0.

And yes, the bottom lower plate was always a less strong spot if you were standing in a high position, but now you are being penned with tanks on the same height and even shooting from above, even with the T95 angled.

I have battle hits, and its interesting to see where are the pens, and definitively on the case of the T95 and  the Conqueror, the shots are almost always on the same weird places.

By the way, Patriot appears to have the same hitbox problem on the front wheel sprocket, you now can be tracked for damage with a full frontal shot.

Edited by pecopad, 18 May 2018 - 11:22 AM.

Dava_117 #28 Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:25 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19469 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postpecopad, on 18 May 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

For Skorpions, I don't recall ever being penned before 1.0.

And yes, the bottom lower plate was always a less strong spot if you were standing in a high position, but now you are being penned with tanks on the same height and even shooting from above, even with the T95 angled.

Well, skorpionG usually stay quite distant from the front and that LFP is so small you have problem hitting it from 20m...

Have to say I didn't noticed such strange behavour on T95. Faced quite a lot of them since 1.0 penning them when I should and bouncing when I missed the weackspots.

But if you have a T95 and such things happens frequently, collect some replays and send them to WG, or better post them with the timestamps on the bug report section, so they can check them and see if it's really a bug and how to fix it...

pecopad #29 Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23541 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostDava_117, on 18 May 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Well, skorpionG usually stay quite distant from the front and that LFP is so small you have problem hitting it from 20m...

Have to say I didn't noticed such strange behavour on T95. Faced quite a lot of them since 1.0 penning them when I should and bouncing when I missed the weackspots.

But if you have a T95 and such things happens frequently, collect some replays and send them to WG, or better post them with the timestamps on the bug report section, so they can check them and see if it's really a bug and how to fix it...

Thanks, I will do it. Anyone who has a T95 can probably verify it, its really that easy. Conqueror also, I get penned on the mantlet almost every game, just near the gun, there is a weakspot there, but I never recall it being so large.

OneSock #30 Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34919 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Could it be the gun barrel ?

I had an interesting experience with a grille pen my gun barrel end on (my obj 257). I was completely hidden behind a T10 hull, now the decal shows the pen on the end of the gun barrel. either it went directly through the barrel or it ricochet off the barrel and pen my turret or upper hull.

PervyPastryPuffer #31 Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31021 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 May 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

So I watched it in 1/4 the speed 6 times. Issue was that there was no 2nd tracer to show what happened. Even when I clipped the camera inside or under the tank.

As shown here you hit him head on at the far side, but a 2nd impact was registered at the same time on the rear right side, indicated by the 2nd burn hit. I thought it was a hit from someone else. But the STA-1 in front of it did not fire, the VK on his right flank had not fired at this point, the Progetto on his left rear was aiming the other way vs a different target, and the HWK-12 aiming at it fired right after this. So that 2nd impact could only be yours. As it must have hit something in the model, and bounced of into the engine, causing a fire and you getting the kill.

Spoiler

But as seen on this image, your impact was right on the far left track on the client anyway. And no 2nd tracer was seen shifting direction. So the 2nd impact must have been inside the tank. Tho there could be a variation on your client vs what the server said you hit. But you tracked him, so your impact was not far off that area I suspect. But what your shell bounced off to manage to hit the rear? I could not say 100% exactly.

Spoiler

Long-story-short:

Dava_117 #32 Posted 18 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19469 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postpecopad, on 18 May 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

Thanks, I will do it. Anyone who has a T95 can probably verify it, its really that easy. Conqueror also, I get penned on the mantlet almost every game, just near the gun, there is a weakspot there, but I never recall it being so large.

maybe it became easyer to find out. The new top turret has this gun support that has the same dimensions of the weackspot. So if you have more than 252 pen and aim between the gun and the support external limit, you can pen it quite reliably...

pecopad #33 Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23541 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostOneSock, on 18 May 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

Could it be the gun barrel ?

I had an interesting experience with a grille pen my gun barrel end on (my obj 257). I was completely hidden behind a T10 hull, now the decal shows the pen on the end of the gun barrel. either it went directly through the barrel or it ricochet off the barrel and pen my turret or upper hull.

The muzzle break on the top off  barrel, yes... been penned there twice on the t95, on the 257 I don't think so

ValkyrionX #34 Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44780 battles
ricochet into the hull 100%

Igor_BL #35 Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39598 battles
  • [GX] GX

it is not ricochet.

we wrote about this earlier... if you are not lazy, you can use the search for that thread and screenshoots.

Brumbarr and I had similar situations (not once, few times) where we got penned thru the track, frontally.

i was penned straight on by t54mod1 AP round, directly thru the track.

conclusion was - there is a hole in the model of t95... and it is like that for a long time.

Edited by Igor_BL, 18 May 2018 - 03:45 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #36 Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49647 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostIgor_BL, on 18 May 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

i was penned straight on by t54mod1 AP round, directly thru the track.

conclusion was - there is a hole in the model of t95... and it is like that for a long time.

Could it be this?

vasilinhorulezz #37 Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

Shooting at it's tracks upwards seems to find a hitbox and does a tracking-damaging shot,

as for the fire, RNG. Although I don't think it's actually possible to set the tank on fire from the front, but I could be wrong.

Igor_BL #38 Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39598 battles
  • [GX] GX
Kuzkina, might be one of them... I remember being shoot and penned by t20, right between two tracks... (on the right side)

fwhaatpiraat #39 Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47229 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostlnfernaI, on 18 May 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

...but...why the Strv S1?

Cuz I want it to have 3 onion rings, because of sillyness and why not.

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 May 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

So I watched it in 1/4 the speed 6 times. Issue was that there was no 2nd tracer to show what happened. Even when I clipped the camera inside or under the tank.

As shown here you hit him head on at the far side, but a 2nd impact was registered at the same time on the rear right side, indicated by the 2nd burn hit. I thought it was a hit from someone else. But the STA-1 in front of it did not fire, the VK on his right flank had not fired at this point, the Progetto on his left rear was aiming the other way vs a different target, and the HWK-12 aiming at it fired right after this. So that 2nd impact could only be yours. As it must have hit something in the model, and bounced of into the engine, causing a fire and you getting the kill.

Spoiler

But as seen on this image, your impact was right on the far left track on the client anyway. And no 2nd tracer was seen shifting direction. So the 2nd impact must have been inside the tank. Tho there could be a variation on your client vs what the server said you hit. But you tracked him, so your impact was not far off that area I suspect. But what your shell bounced off to manage to hit the rear? I could not say 100% exactly.

Spoiler

View PostDava_117, on 18 May 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Well, the shell can bounce on the sideskirt. Those are 74 or 101mm thick, depending on the location, but all those thickness are enought to allow a 105mm shell to ricochet. The hardest part is how the shell managed to pass trought the track without the 10 caliber rule absorbing it for 0 damage. There is a channel inside the track where the shell may pass, but it's quite hard if not impossible to get it without hitting the front wheel triggering the 10 caliber rule...

Nice, still seems really weird to me, even if it ricocheted(?) on sideskirts, tracks or whatever. Especially since I hit the outer part of the track so clearly, didn't think it would keep flying so far.

View Postpecopad, on 18 May 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

Oh no he found out.

Some errors/holes in the armor model seem plausible, but have no clue how and where. I will definitely try to hit these kind of shots more often lol :)

pecopad #40 Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23541 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 18 May 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Cuz I want it to have 3 onion rings, because of sillyness and why not.

Nice, still seems really weird to me, even if it ricocheted(?) on sideskirts, tracks or whatever. Especially since I hit the outer part of the track so clearly, didn't think it would keep flying so far.

Oh no he found out.

Some errors/holes in the armor model seem plausible, but have no clue how and where. I will definitely try to hit these kind of shots more often lol :)

Yes some bugs are normal on hitboxes on almost all online games. Its also a very good way of spotting aimbots, since they are programmed to analyze them an look for weakspots automatically, something a normal player can't do, unless you get some lucky shots like you did.

Actually they are very good honey pots.. you just insert some impossible to find and hit weakspots, and see how many players can repeat those shots.

Also tagged with T95, wut, strv

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users