• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Agent_327 #81 Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18664 battles
  • [CAF] CAF

View PostCobra6, on 18 May 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

I'm still amazed Wargaming managed to convince us a few pixels are worth €30-€40.

Don't get me wrong, I fall for it myself too, but it's still quite the achievement.

The Day WG pull the plug from the servers, all that money you spent will cease to exist and you'll have nothing to show for it as it's not a single-player game that you buy one and then always own a copy you can play.

I see it as hours of entertainment. By comparison some food and a movie ticket cost around € 30-40 where I live so if I have 5+ hours of entertainment from a premium vehicle it's actual equal or more value than a trip to the movies.

Lord_Barbarozza #82 Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6661 battles

WG has the option to survive as they operate now, or they can boom their business by fixing the things making players leave or not continue the game.

Its just a very good example of how greedy business owners dont care about their product as long as it brings them big short term profits. The developers/designers are caught in between the players and the dirty leaders demands.

malowany #83 Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6000 battles
  • [H-O-A] H-O-A

I come back now and then, but for past year I think I was stuck heavily with WT. Tier VIII frontlines brought me back and I enjoyed them while it lasted, but with them gone I quickly realised how unbearable standard random game is at this point for me. The pattern is just so overused, with the same problems and drawbacks that never got adressed, once frontile event ended I wanted to farm Panther P.44 for next one but my god I dislike almost every second of it.

From one sided matches almost constantly, trough efed up MM and to ridicoulously stale gameplay with addition of ridicoulously powerfull premiums and still completly atrocious same maps the gameplay became incredibly repulsive to me. 

At this point its just a habbit more than anything else that I come back to play few matches now and then, I suppose the fact its just so quick and easy to pick up and play it has still going for it, but everything else just feels like old, worned out relationship that at this point annoys you with every single thing but you cant completly cut ties just yet due to nostalgia.

Edit: and arty. Its the most idiotic, frustrating and pointless mechanic I have ever seen in an online game. Its there purely to add frustration, and its just beyond me why any dev would ever put anything like this in their game and then stick by it for years even despite openly admitting that it never worked like they wanted and imagined.

Edited by malowany, 08 June 2018 - 10:27 PM.

Bexleyheath #84 Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7066 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The #1 problem of World of Tanks is that it's just not fun. There are a ton of sneaky things to get us to keep playing, always grinding towards that something we think will make it all worth it, paying tons of money to WG along the way. The design team must have a shelf full of psychology/neurology books on their shelf, because the way WoT abuse our fragile human brains to keep us paying&playing is nothing short of astounding.

But is the game itself good enough to keep people in? Definently not! Any mainstream online shooter like battlefield, CoD or CSGO is waaaay more fun to just play for the sake of playing. Without that fun factor, WoT is unsustainable. It will probably take years for the player base to die out below profitable levels, but I think the decline and fall is inevitable.

Example of WG sneakiness: how they introduced the blatantly overpowered Object 268 Version 4 in order to get everyone to splash out a ton on "free" XP, boosters and credit packs to get it. And when they've milked that as much as possible and the next lure is ready, they nerf the old one and drop the next overpowered "must have" tank. So the daft punters keep on paying and playing.

Dosjer007 #85 Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1010 battles

Id say so. 

I downloaded dreadnought tonight and will try it for some time... I will probably uninstall and say adios to wot forever, after trying to sell my account obviously

Bordhaw #86 Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13588 battles
41,000 players across two servers on a Friday night.. nah definitely not in decline.. :unsure:

Element6 #87 Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30854 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBordhaw, on 08 June 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

41,000 players across two servers on a Friday night.. nah definitely not in decline.. :unsure:

Today I would have liked to play, but the weather was still nice in this 3 week streak we've had around here, so I bought some food and went to a friend's hours to BBQ instead, be social and play a round of Smallworld boardgame with him and my gf.

So friday evening not playing WoT, even though I would have liked to do so. I was not here and it had nothing to do with issues in the game. It's not really odd if parts of europe have the same weather and temperatures as we've had. Most WoT players are casual anyway. Just saying.

Bexleyheath #88 Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7066 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBordhaw, on 08 June 2018 - 11:09 PM, said:

Someone posted a bit of server statistics here not long ago. The number of players has been dropping consistently for about 1½ or so. So a year ago, that number would have been 50,000 players. Surely this could be considered a decline?

Element6 #89 Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30854 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBexleyheath, on 09 June 2018 - 12:36 AM, said:

Someone posted a bit of server statistics here not long ago. The number of players has been dropping consistently for about 1½ or so. So a year ago, that number would have been 50,000 players. Surely this could be considered a decline?

If we for the sake of arguement assume that the current number and the numbers from one year ago are representative, what we have is correlation; changes to the game and decline in player numbers. What we don't have is causation between declining numbers and changes to the game.

An important aspect to remember here is that declining numbers do not neccessarily stem solely from players leaving the game, it must be seen in conjunction with the numbers of players entering the game. Let's say that for the first 2 years of a game's life you get 5% new players to the game each year, and lose 5% of players each year, so that it evens out and you have a stable playerbase. During the next two years you only get 3% new players each year, but still lose 5%, meaning that the stable playerbase is declining. You can't say that changes to the game has made people leave the game, since players have left at the same rate during the game's 4 year life, but you have gotten less new players, hence it looks like you are bleeding players when that factor has actually not changed at all but remained constant.

Let's say that most of the players that would even bother to play a game about fishingboats got attracted to the game during the first 2 years, and now in the next 2 years you have trouble finding new players that would like to play it, then that is the reason your playerbase is in decline, not that the same rate of players have left the game throughout the 4 years of the game's life.

WoT has been on the market for 7 years. It is not unreasonable to assume that we are closing in on the limit of those people who want to play a tank-themed game. Numbers going down can perfectly well be attributed to this while having the same rate of players leaving as it had in 2014. Then the root cause of the decline is lack of new players, not more players leaving due to changes to the game.

But people who really dislike what has happened to the game will be inclined to look for causation between changes to the game and more players leaving, and they are likely to draw this conclusion simply by being biased.

gungang #90 Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25466 battles
  • [BEPOR] BEPOR

This game is not in decline, this game is out of date a long time ago!

To those who still walk here, look for something else to play because anything is better than playing WOT

Now even luck is no longer lucky, if they want to they will have to pay very well!

Scorilo #91 Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:14 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6272 battles
  • [VCTRX] VCTRX

The game is declining in quality and i hope it will go down cuz sadly its the only way it will improve.

The best solution would be to differentiate the EU and Ru servers in terms of balancing the game.

Let EU balance the game in a fair way and Ru to keep their soviet imba tanks so it pleases the crowd there. After all, thats why they pour so many soviet vehicles into the game.

This way everyone will be happy.

Pvt_Duffer #92 Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16667 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post250swb, on 19 May 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

but without valuing lower tier battles tier X will become as much a crapfest as any other tier. 

While I agree that more work needs to be done to lower tiers, the "great rebalance" is not complete by any stretch and that started at Tier X and has only just got to PMM T8s.

This leaves lower tiers suffering even more than they already do thanks to 3/5/7.

And frankly TierX battles have always been a crap fest, that's why there's a huge chunk of players, who have just never had an interest in the grind, it's basically not worth the bother and *never* has been.

Add in the fact that there's something stinky somewhere that causes more than a few players to CTD when starting the game or pressing battle 50% of the time, and personally  I'm only going to WGCheck/clean/uninstalll/install/factory reset/driver update/reinstall so many times before saying stuff it when every other game just seems to work.

StinkyStonky #93 Posted 12 December 2018 - 05:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32203 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
I agree with the OP.  He speaks wise words.  You should listen to him :P

Jigabachi #94 Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postgungang, on 12 December 2018 - 01:38 AM, said:

This game is not in decline, this game is out of date a long time ago!

To those who still walk here, look for something else to play because anything is better than playing WOT

Now even luck is no longer lucky, if they want to they will have to pay very well!

Thanks for the necro.

Bonus points for rendering me completely clueless about what you wrote there. What does "out of date" mean?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users