Jump to content


All thats wrong with WoT

so wrong its obvius.

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

pidde67 #1 Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 46953 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    11-12-2011

1. this is a tank game and arties are not a tank, delete all arties.

2. Heavy tanks are heavy for 2 reasons, better armour and a heavy gun thats why they are slower. So when you allow a light and a medium tank to pen a heavy tank from the front and side you are making a huge mistake.

3.Playing tanks against 2 tier higher is to make the game pointless.

4. Please make the game more historicle correct, ex a T-34 where not able to pen a tiger in the front so by doing this wrong you have made playing a heavy tank pretty much pointless when a light and medium tank can snipe and pen a heavy tank.

5. Letting some tanks have auto loading is so wrong its almost pathetic.

 

 

You probarbly allready know this but i wanted to tell you this anyway, this is the reasones my previous Tank friends have stopped playing this game.

well thats all from me and im out atleast for the rest off the summer.

 

with hopes off a better WoT when im checking this game out next time.....over and out!



Nethraniel #2 Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:24 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 13517 battles
  • 2,138
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Oh, that topic again. But kudos to you, for posting in off topic instead of general gameplay.

 

Btw. the T-34 with the 76 mm F-34 (= historical) will have also in WoT a hard time penning a Tiger frontally.


Edited by Nethraniel, 18 May 2018 - 08:50 PM.


Babbet_1 #3 Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11274 battles
  • 864
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-13-2015

View Postpidde67, on 18 May 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

1. this is a tank game and arties are not a tank, delete all arties.

2. Heavy tanks are heavy for 2 reasons, better armour and a heavy gun thats why they are slower. So when you allow a light and a medium tank to pen a heavy tank from the front and side you are making a huge mistake.

3.Playing tanks against 2 tier higher is to make the game pointless.

4. Please make the game more historicle correct, ex a T-34 where not able to pen a tiger in the front so by doing this wrong you have made playing a heavy tank pretty much pointless when a light and medium tank can snipe and pen a heavy tank.

5. Letting some tanks have auto loading is so wrong its almost pathetic.

 

 

You probarbly allready know this but i wanted to tell you this anyway, this is the reasones my previous Tank friends have stopped playing this game.

well thats all from me and im out atleast for the rest off the summer.

 

with hopes off a better WoT when im checking this game out next time.....over and out!

 

1. This is a game with pixel tanks and pixel tanks are not real tanks.

2. Ditto

3. Ditto

4. Ditto

5. Ditto

Have I missed anything?



Nethraniel #4 Posted 18 May 2018 - 10:58 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 13517 battles
  • 2,138
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
Uh. Just so... tank or army tank is by definition a self propelled armored fighting vehicle. So, every armored SPG is also a tank. As far as I know, all SPG in the game have at least armor against small arms fire. So, SPG in WoT are tanks.

Jigabachi #5 Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17946 battles
  • 19,300
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
This fits quite well into the off-topic section. After all, most points are nonsense.

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:00 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 49175 battles
  • 8,231
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

View Postpidde67, on 18 May 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

1. this is a tank game and arties are not a tank, delete all arties.

2. Heavy tanks are heavy for 2 reasons, better armour and a heavy gun thats why they are slower. So when you allow a light and a medium tank to pen a heavy tank from the front and side you are making a huge mistake.

3.Playing tanks against 2 tier higher is to make the game pointless.

4. Please make the game more historicle correct, ex a T-34 where not able to pen a tiger in the front so by doing this wrong you have made playing a heavy tank pretty much pointless when a light and medium tank can snipe and pen a heavy tank.

5. Letting some tanks have auto loading is so wrong its almost pathetic.

 

 

You probarbly allready know this but i wanted to tell you this anyway, this is the reasones my previous Tank friends have stopped playing this game.

well thats all from me and im out atleast for the rest off the summer.

 

with hopes off a better WoT when im checking this game out next time.....over and out!

 

1 yes this is a game of armoured fighting vehcles or AFVs the word tank just comes from the code name from the first model.

An armoured fighting vehicle (AFV) is an armed combat vehicle protected by armour, generally combining operational mobility with offensive and defensive capabilities. AFVs can be wheeled or tracked. Main battle tanks, armoured cars, armoured self-propelled guns, and armoured personnel carriers are all examples of AFVs.

 

2 Heavy tanks do not really exist any more there is a reason for that, bigger guns and specialised ammo gave the medium tanks the ability to pen late war heavy tanks from the front.

Of course Heavy tanks have the ability to pen most mediums they also do more damage and on average have more hitpoints.

Its the map size that is the problem without APCR ammo a Sherman needs to get quite close to a tiger while the tiger and pen the sherman at almost any range.

Since most combats in the game take place at 150-250 meters your armour does not make you 100% safe.

 

3 +2mm used to work ok now I am not so sure, the game has seen many changes and +2 mm may have had its day.

Its a shame but these things happen.

 

4 Historical accuracy cannot be achieved in this game without huge changes even assuming you allow tanks that only existed on paper and none historical guns.

The T34 usually won against the Tigers because they would probably throw 50 T34s against a few tigers they would charge in get to close quarters losing tanks on the way and then 3 or 4 T34s would be shooting tigers in the sides and rear.

We cannot simulate that in the game. 

 

5 autoloaders are both good and bad they have a burst of fire then need to reload for some time.

Anyway they are historical.

 

Assuming the game is indeed making heavy tanks pointless why not play something else though I am sure there are heavy tanks that still have effective armour and decent mobility.

The losers are the flat slab armoured tanks that depend on just the thickness of the plate.

As I said there is a reason no one makes them any more.

 



Subject117 #7 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 27522 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    10-06-2013
45538 :bajan:

PhooBar #8 Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:29 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 18831 battles
  • 2,344
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

OP is obviously an experienced, professional game designer and not just some random Bob with an opinion.



Homer_J #9 Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • 30,544
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostPhooBar, on 19 May 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

OP is obviously an experienced, professional game designer and not just some random Bob with an opinion.

 

And you know what they say about opinions.

pidde67 #10 Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 46953 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    11-12-2011

View PostBabbet_1, on 18 May 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

 

1. This is a game with pixel tanks and pixel tanks are not real tanks.

2. Ditto

3. Ditto

4. Ditto

5. Ditto

Have I missed anything?

 

and your answers are pointing out whats wrong with most players, cant read and understand what you read!

 



pidde67 #11 Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:03 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 46953 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    11-12-2011

View PostNethraniel, on 18 May 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

Uh. Just so... tank or army tank is by definition a self propelled armored fighting vehicle. So, every armored SPG is also a tank. As far as I know, all SPG in the game have at least armor against small arms fire. So, SPG in WoT are tanks.

 

wrong, you understand what self propelled artie are? ITS A SELF PROPELLED ARTIE!

Nethraniel #12 Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:20 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 13517 battles
  • 2,138
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View Postpidde67, on 20 May 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

 

wrong, you understand what self propelled artie are? ITS A SELF PROPELLED ARTIE!

 

Hint:

https://en.oxforddic...definition/tank

https://dictionary.c...ry/english/tank

 

But go on and make up whatever you think something means. :girl:



K_A #13 Posted 20 May 2018 - 08:33 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13643 battles
  • 4,665
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

"I want to play only heavy tank and make heavy tank so no one can pen me ever in my heavy tank because it's heavy and have armor and no light tank or medium tank can ever hurt heavy tank."

 

- pidde67, 2018



Subject117 #14 Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:09 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 27522 battles
  • 117
  • Member since:
    10-06-2013

View PostSubject117, on 19 May 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

45538 :bajan:

 

45543 :izmena:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users