Jump to content


Frontline *Prob 1000th post about this*


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

HQ65 #1 Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29768 battles
  • 591
  • [CMERC] CMERC
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

FRONTLINE is awesome!!!

 

I don't even want to play Random Games anymore!!!

Hope Wargaming will add this mode forever....



RamRaid90 #2 Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:18 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22473 battles
  • 6,690
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostHQ65, on 18 May 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

FRONTLINE is awesome!!!

 

I don't even want to play Random Games anymore!!!

Hope Wargaming will add this mode forever....

 

AFAIK it is planned to be a permanent fixture,

Yakito #3 Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18874 battles
  • 1,358
  • Member since:
    05-03-2011
I haven't played a random since the last X5 event, and even then I did only 4 randoms. Frontline is indeed great fun without much worry.

flashbarts #4 Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:39 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 43667 battles
  • 254
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

View PostHQ65, on 18 May 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

FRONTLINE is awesome!!!

 

I don't even want to play Random Games anymore!!!

Hope Wargaming will add this mode forever....

 

this......

 

 



Homer_J #5 Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29728 battles
  • 31,456
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

Needs a bit of tweaking but it would be nice if it could be on all the time and available to more tiers.

 

The only downside is the length of the games.  I like the certainty that I will be done in 15 minutes you get with random battles.



Search_Warrant #6 Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:43 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27722 battles
  • 6,435
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostRamRaid90, on 18 May 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

 

AFAIK it is planned to be a permanent fixture,

 

Source? facts? give? PLEASE?

RamRaid90 #7 Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:47 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22473 battles
  • 6,690
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 19 May 2018 - 07:43 AM, said:

 

Source? facts? give? PLEASE?

 

This game mode has been being tested for over a year.

 

I can't see them putting this much time and effort into something that isn't going to stick around, besides by all accounts Frontlines has been a massive success with the playerbase.

 

My guess is it'll be in similar style to Global Maps, available during certain days and times only, and there will be prizes at the end for the best.


Edited by RamRaid90, 19 May 2018 - 08:48 AM.


Search_Warrant #8 Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27722 battles
  • 6,435
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 May 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

 

This game mode has been being tested for over a year.

 

I can't see them putting this much time and effort into something that isn't going to stick around, besides by all accounts Frontlines has been a massive success with the playerbase.

 

My guess is it'll be in similar style to Global Maps, available during certain days and times only, and there will be prizes at the end for the best.

 

Dont dash my hopes. if its fun, we know WG will take it away from us...

RamRaid90 #9 Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:51 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22473 battles
  • 6,690
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 19 May 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

 

Dont dash my hopes. if its fun, we know WG will take it away from us...

 

Frontlines was announced in April 2017, after already being tested for a month at that point.

 

14 months is a hell of a long time to put into a project you don't see as permanent. Don't you think?


Edited by RamRaid90, 19 May 2018 - 08:52 AM.


Balc0ra #10 Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:52 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67427 battles
  • 17,161
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

It was fun. But I'm taking this week off from it. Same map, same spawns, same fights in the same areas vs the same tanks got old really fast for me.

 

Even tho it's been a great source for income and crew training. It needs variation for me to play it more often. Be that new tiers, or a new map.

 

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 May 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

 

Frontlines was announced in April 2017, after already being tested for a month at that point.

 

14 months is a hell of a long time to put into a project you don't see as permanent. Don't you think?

 

Considering it takes 90 days to turn a 1km by 1km map into HD. I suspect most of that time was to convert this rather huge map as well. As the early videos and tests of that map was with Big world. And we have seen WG do much work for less. Then again WG did not work on this, it's the same studio that did GB. So they have been busy with more then one map or mode. As they took a long break from FL to make GB, and it's maps etc. So it's not a full year as such. As FL turned into GB when the tier X changes we have seen of late were told to them, to "scaled down on it". Before they made FL tier 8 later.


Edited by Balc0ra, 19 May 2018 - 08:57 AM.


Suurpolskija #11 Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:15 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18698 battles
  • 1,642
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
I'm still pretty happy with it. Got my 3rd round done yesterday and now got the camos to show for it. Still plenty of stock grinds and credits to farm there. :D

TheDrownedApe #12 Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:15 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 44796 battles
  • 5,655
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
tbh I get bored very quickly playing it. I still prefer randoms and don't need the silver from FL either. but IF I was grinding 8s then yes I would play them a lot in FL

Balc0ra #13 Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:20 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67427 battles
  • 17,161
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostDr_ownape, on 19 May 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

tbh I get bored very quickly playing it. I still prefer randoms and don't need the silver from FL either. but IF I was grinding 8s then yes I would play them a lot in FL

 

And that's what I suspect would happen if it was around permanently. It would die out rather fast if it was the same tiers and map all the time. Taking it on and off like ranked, with new maps, tiers etc to spice it up would be better. And make most ppl less bored of it faster.



RamRaid90 #14 Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:27 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22473 battles
  • 6,690
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 19 May 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

 

And that's what I suspect would happen if it was around permanently. It would die out rather fast if it was the same tiers and map all the time. Taking it on and off like ranked, with new maps, tiers etc to spice it up would be better. And make most ppl less bored of it faster.

 

As I said, I suspect this will be the intention.

 

Possibly without the current tier reward system but instead introducing block rewards for those who reach a certain tier within the time frame.

 

For example, tier II-X will recieve prize 1, tier XI-XX will recieve prize 2 and so on. Would not surprise me to see exclusive tier VIII premiums introduced as prizes for the top players.



Balc0ra #15 Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:37 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67427 battles
  • 17,161
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 May 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

For example, tier II-X will recieve prize 1, tier XI-XX will recieve prize 2 and so on. Would not surprise me to see exclusive tier VIII premiums introduced as prizes for the top players.

 

FL only premium rewards? Well we all know how well that worked the last time they had premium tank rewards for a separate mode. Even tho they turn the mode off after 12 AM to prevent late night rigging when the population is low. Rampage had more rigging for the T22 going mid day then the late nights, tho that was missions & not ranks. Ppl are still resourceful on getting what they want if there is a faster way.



Search_Warrant #16 Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:37 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27722 battles
  • 6,435
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 19 May 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

 

And that's what I suspect would happen if it was around permanently. It would die out rather fast if it was the same tiers and map all the time. Taking it on and off like ranked, with new maps, tiers etc to spice it up would be better. And make most ppl less bored of it faster.

 

And having permanant mode called Random Battle with +2 broken MM is more fun?

 

@Ramraid90

 

Id be happy with something simple like Bonds or Special Camo as a prize.


Edited by Search_Warrant, 19 May 2018 - 09:38 AM.


clixor #17 Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:10 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 52001 battles
  • 3,088
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 May 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

 

As I said, I suspect this will be the intention.

 

Possibly without the current tier reward system but instead introducing block rewards for those who reach a certain tier within the time frame.

 

For example, tier II-X will recieve prize 1, tier XI-XX will recieve prize 2 and so on. Would not surprise me to see exclusive tier VIII premiums introduced as prizes for the top players.

 

Why every single mode needs to have 'top' prices? You know, this is also the reason why players get burned out, because competitive players, no matter what the reward is, will be forcing themselves to grind. 

 

IMO a well designed game (-mode) doesn't need excessive rewards, ofcourse now with FL you already get decent creds and xp and on top of that boosters and such. 

 

As far as i'm concerned WG could skin down on the (rank) and make this is bi-monthly. or quarterly event. I don't think it has that much impact on randoms, except perhaps/hopefully tier8 mm, as players need to grind anything but tier8s in randoms anyway.



UrQuan #18 Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:15 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20147 battles
  • 6,542
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostRamRaid90, on 19 May 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

 

For example, tier II-X will recieve prize 1, tier XI-XX will recieve prize 2 and so on. Would not surprise me to see exclusive tier VIII premiums introduced as prizes for the top players.

 

No & no.

If Rampage teached anything, it was that this is one horrid idea. Countdown joins by clans is a thing & ruined many a rampage battle. Tbh the timeslot that FL is active is likely due to this as well, as that rigging of rampage worked best on low pop hours.

 

The reward handed out as they are are nice. They could change the system a bit, but I don't want to see any high rewards. Why? To keep rigging/cheesing the Frontline mode to a minimum. Already got players only interested in farming credits already. No need to add more incentive for them.

 

As posted above, FL mode already rewards you handsomely, so no need for a big prize (this was also part of Rampage failure, it was a deep credit sink for all but the best players) FL rewards decent play in either in damage, killings or capping/decapping by credits, XP & rank-bonus award. That's all taht's needed honestly.

 

That said, I wouldn't mind an additional Frontline Map. I always enjoyed Grand battles, but the fun doubles when they finally released that second map (now already gone, because not HD yet, I miss it :confused: & await it's return to the Grand Battle map pool)


Edited by UrQuan, 19 May 2018 - 10:19 AM.


RamRaid90 #19 Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:26 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22473 battles
  • 6,690
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 19 May 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

 

FL only premium rewards? Well we all know how well that worked the last time they had premium tank rewards for a separate mode. Even tho they turn the mode off after 12 AM to prevent late night rigging when the population is low. Rampage had more rigging for the T22 going mid day then the late nights, tho that was missions & not ranks. Ppl are still resourceful on getting what they want if there is a faster way.

 

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 19 May 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

 

And having permanant mode called Random Battle with +2 broken MM is more fun?

 

@Ramraid90

 

Id be happy with something simple like Bonds or Special Camo as a prize.

 

View Postclixor, on 19 May 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

 

Why every single mode needs to have 'top' prices? You know, this is also the reason why players get burned out, because competitive players, no matter what the reward is, will be forcing themselves to grind. 

 

IMO a well designed game (-mode) doesn't need excessive rewards, ofcourse now with FL you already get decent creds and xp and on top of that boosters and such. 

 

As far as i'm concerned WG could skin down on the (rank) and make this is bi-monthly. or quarterly event. I don't think it has that much impact on randoms, except perhaps/hopefully tier8 mm, as players need to grind anything but tier8s in randoms anyway.

 

View PostUrQuan, on 19 May 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

 

No & no.

If Rampage teached anything, it was that this is one horrid idea. Countdown joins by clans is a thing & ruined many a rampage battle. Tbh the timeslot that FL is active is likely due to this as well, as that rigging of rampage worked best on low pop hours.

 

The reward handed out as they are are nice. They could change the system a bit, but I don't want to see any high rewards. Why? To keep rigging/cheesing the Frontline mode to a minimum. Already got players only interested in farming credits already. No need to add more incentive for them.

 

As posted above, FL mode already rewards you handsomely, so no need for a big prize (this was also part of Rampage failure, it was a deep credit sink for all but the best players) FL rewards decent play in either in damage, killings or capping/decapping by credits, XP & rank-bonus award. That's all taht's needed honestly.

 

That said, I wouldn't mind an additional Frontline Map. I always enjoyed Grand battles, but the fun doubles when they finally released that second map (now already gone, because not HD yet, I miss it :confused: & await it's return to the Grand Battle map pool)

 

I agree with all of you, and I did not say anywhere I endorsed it. Only that it would not surprise me. It would be classic Wargaming to take something currently fun and ruin it by giving out rewards too "valuable" for the mode, making it a rigging/padding fest

 

I would be happy with a nice booster pack of reserves and maybe a special camo.


Edited by RamRaid90, 19 May 2018 - 10:26 AM.


Pincertje #20 Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10706 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    04-01-2014

View PostHQ65, on 18 May 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

FRONTLINE is awesome!!!

 

I don't even want to play Random Games anymore!!!

Hope Wargaming will add this mode forever....

 

I love it too and I hope the same thing. 

 

It's fantastic that everyone can play Tier 8's (Thx WG for the T-44FL and T-32FL, both with 100% crew) and we only encounter Tier 8's. Repairs, respawn, no impact on stats, artillery/air strikes, smoke, inspire and really having to think tactical and work as a team. With a bit of skill and luck, you can make decent credits too. This is simply FUN! As far as I'm concerned: the way forward for WoT. 

 

So, my compliments to you WG and please, please, please, keep this mode and develop it further (maybe a few new maps in time?) 

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users