Jump to content


T69 or Pershing


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Renesco #1 Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 21198 battles
  • 469
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

Which is the better tonk for shooting other tonks in the face? I keep hearing the T69 is terrible but it looks better than Pershing on paper.

 

Additional info: I'm very bad with autoloaders



Nethraniel #2 Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12530 battles
  • 1,588
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

The Pershing is decent. Good view range, partially trollish turret armor, good gun depression, nowadays OKish Pen. If you are bad with auto loaders, Pershing all the way, the tanks after are really OK.

After the T69 there will be even more auto loaders.



Igor_BL #3 Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:21 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37503 battles
  • 1,168
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015
Pershing is nice medium to play.
T69 is cancerous.

Renesco #4 Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:25 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 21198 battles
  • 469
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010

View PostNethraniel, on 19 May 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

The Pershing is decent. Good view range, partially trollish turret armor, good gun depression, nowadays OKish Pen. If you are bad with auto loaders, Pershing all the way, the tanks after are really OK.

After the T69 there will be even more auto loaders.

 

So the M46 and M48 Pattons are decent too?

Igor_BL #5 Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37503 battles
  • 1,168
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

yep... m46 and m48 are a lot better tier for tier, then Pershing... but Pershing is still ok.

m48 is beast.



Baldrickk #6 Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29530 battles
  • 13,762
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013
T69 isn't bad, but it's a pure flanker.
Needs to be played like a slow light with no camo...

I like it, even kept mine, but... yeah

Solstad1069 #7 Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40119 battles
  • 3,096
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013
T69 needs tons of heat and credits.

Bennie182 #8 Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51622 battles
  • 1,287
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostRenesco, on 19 May 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

Additional info: I'm very bad with autoloaders

so.. what's the question? :facepalm:



Solstad1069 #9 Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 40119 battles
  • 3,096
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostRenesco, on 19 May 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

Which is the better tonk for shooting other tonks in the face? I keep hearing the T69 is terrible but it looks better than Pershing on paper.

 

Additional info: I'm very bad with autoloaders

 

To be better with autoloaders you need better map awareness. They are very much connected :P

tank276 #10 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 48891 battles
  • 422
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostRenesco, on 19 May 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

Which is the better tonk for shooting other tonks in the face? I keep hearing the T69 is terrible but it looks better than Pershing on paper.

 

Additional info: I'm very bad with autoloaders

 

You will not get better in autoloaders playing the t69, it is a pretty bad tank.

Good thing it leads to t54e1 which, when elited is pretty decent.

Pershing is nothing special but a more of an all-arounder.

Also the M46 that follows is a pretty good t9 med (only bad thing is its penetration value).



WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15517 battles
  • 2,267
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

Oh, no!

 

I've had the Pershing and I had to grind it on the frontline game mode:

 

  • Kentzur aimtime negates the already meh accuracy (even with food + 5 skill crew)
  • Pen is OK as long as you don't snipe from too far.
  • Turret armour is way less reliable than that of the Pilot and the armour in general is thrash
  • Turns like a boat, as fast as a snail

 

People classify the TVP VTU as the worst tank in the game but I at least had pretty good games with it on randoms. Can't say that with the Pershing, despite my WR on it.

 

The grind is worth it tho. I've tried the M48 on the CT server. Although it's a bit slow, I could successfully use it as a scout (CT server is a bit like Vegas, though, so it won't work as well here...) and finished top by exp :D

 

On the other hand, I never had the T69, I finished that line before the changes and got it unlocked for free but haven't bought it.

T57 is good


Edited by WindSplitter1, 19 May 2018 - 07:11 PM.


Bennie182 #12 Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 51622 battles
  • 1,287
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View Posttank276, on 19 May 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

You will not get better in autoloaders playing the t69, it is a pretty bad tank.

Good thing it leads to t54e1 which, when elited is pretty decent.

Pershing is nothing special but a more of an all-arounder.

Also the M46 that follows is a pretty good t9 med (only bad thing is its penetration value).

I did pretty well in the T69, despite the so-called bad gun. T54E1 on the other hand I found completely trash. Missing loads of shots fully aimed, that I would have hit in the T69. Then wait for ages for another reload.

 

View PostWindSplitter1, on 19 May 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

I've had the Pershing and I had to grind it on the frontline game mode:

 

  • Kentzur aimtime negates the already meh accuracy (even with food + 5 skill crew)
  • Pen is OK as long as you don't snipe from too far.
  • Turret armour is way less reliable than that of the Pilot and the armour in general is thrash
  • Turns like a boat, as fast as a snail

I found the armor of the Pershing better then on the Pilot. I didn't really like the US meds, but was happy when I got the the M46 Patton. Both M46 and M48 are very nice. The penetration on M46 is fine, not even mentioning the dpm.. that makes it a beast, so I bought it back and put my T54E1 crew in it.



Balc0ra #13 Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64420 battles
  • 15,439
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

I bought the Pershing and played it on FL.. it's... fine... not bad, not good. Just fine and that's it tbh.

 

But I actually like the T69 and have played it a fair bit of late. And don't find it as useless as most. That's not saying much as tier 8 meds in general are not known to be good tier for tier vs the rest. And 416 and the T69 are the only two keepers I've had so far.. for my style that is. Nor do I have more then 2 HEAT clips on it. Still works. Tho the tier 9 and X on that line vs the Pattons? Well I suspect the Pershing line gives better results there for reliability and consistency. As I hardly play my T57 HT after I aced it, nor the T54E1. As neither of them really work in the current meta.



Kirusawa #14 Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:02 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6038 battles
  • 44
  • [CATI] CATI
  • Member since:
    03-06-2016
Bugjet 268 v4.

Renesco #15 Posted 20 May 2018 - 12:04 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 21198 battles
  • 469
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    10-08-2010
I bought a Pershing and it seems quite decent, even with the second-best gun (had most of the stuff unlocked anyway). I don't think I could face another fail autoloader after the bad times I've had with the AMX 50 120




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users