Jump to content


Help me buying a new phone!


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Help on buying phone (12 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Wich phone would you buy?

  1. HUAWEI P20 LITE (8 votes [66.67%])

    Percentage of vote: 66.67%

  2. IPHONE SE (1 vote [8.33%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.33%

  3. SAMSUNG GALAXY A6+ (3 votes [25.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Hide poll

DragonH19 #1 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18613 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

Hi guys, soon ill be buying one of these 3 phones, they have similiar prices in my country.

 

Wich one you guys think that it's the best one? I have searched some stuff and i see that the SE have better PERFORMANCE and CAMERA i think, but the LITE is more recent and have a big screen etc.

 

 

Wich one would you recommend guys and why? 

 

Thanks


Edited by DragonH19, 19 May 2018 - 06:02 PM.


Homer_J #2 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:23 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29045 battles
  • 30,553
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
I would go for the P20 over the iPhone but you can get better value for money here.

DragonH19 #3 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18613 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 19 May 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

I would go for the P20 over the iPhone but you can get better value for money here.

 

What you mean?

Homer_J #4 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29045 battles
  • 30,553
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDragonH19, on 19 May 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

 

What you mean?

 

Well it's £300 in the UK, you can get the new model Nokia 6 for two thirds of that money.  OK, it's a little smaller and only 3GB of RAM but otherwise not much of a compromise for a big saving.

Edited by Homer_J, 19 May 2018 - 05:29 PM.


DragonH19 #5 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:31 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18613 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 19 May 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

 

Well it's £300 in the UK, you can get the new model Nokia 6 for two thirds of that money.

 

Here i can get the phones for the following prices:

 

P20 LITE: 319€  (379£ )

IPHONE SE: 329€ (387£ )


Edited by DragonH19, 19 May 2018 - 05:31 PM.


Homer_J #6 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29045 battles
  • 30,553
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDragonH19, on 19 May 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

 

Here i can get the phones for the following prices:

 

P20 LITE: 319€  (379£ )

IPHONE SE: 329€ (387£ )

 

Something off on your exchange rate there, are you sure it isn't £319 / €379 ?

DragonH19 #7 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18613 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 19 May 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

 

Something off on your exchange rate there, are you sure it isn't £319 / €379 ?

 

I live in Portugal thats why i set the € first, but yea you are right eheheh

 

I searched for NOKIA 6....it's way cheaper but way worse then LITE or SE.



Homer_J #8 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29045 battles
  • 30,553
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDragonH19, on 19 May 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

 

I live in Portugal thats why i set the € first, but yea you are right eheheh

 

I searched for NOKIA 6....it's way cheaper but way worse then LITE or SE.

 

https://www.gsmarena...2&idPhone3=7969

 

The 2018 version?  Not the old one. OK, it's not quite as good as the Huawei but I don't know how you can say it's worse than the IPhone POS.



DragonH19 #9 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18613 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 19 May 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

 

https://www.gsmarena...2&idPhone3=7969

 

The 2018 version?  Not the old one. OK, it's not quite as good as the Huawei but I don't know how you can say it's worse than the IPhone POS.

 

Idk, atm the only reason im wondering even about buying the iphone SE it's because of it's gorgeous camera quality and size

Homer_J #10 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29045 battles
  • 30,553
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDragonH19, on 19 May 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

 

Idk, atm the only reason im wondering even about buying the iphone SE it's because of it's gorgeous camera quality and size

 

It's a 2 year old model iPhone, which equates to a 4 year old Android.  And why would you want an undersized phone?

DragonH19 #11 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18613 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 19 May 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

 

It's a 2 year old model iPhone, which equates to a 4 year old Android.  And why would you want an undersized phone?

 

Fits better in your hand and pocket? More PIXEL DESITY and zoom in image quality?

Nishi_Kinuyo #12 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:56 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7762 battles
  • 4,249
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Why not the Xiaomi RedMi 5 Plus for like €190-200?

Which got released like a few months ago.


Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 19 May 2018 - 05:56 PM.


Homer_J #13 Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:58 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29045 battles
  • 30,553
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDragonH19, on 19 May 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

 

 More PIXEL DESITY?

 

Less pixel density despite the tiny screen.

Iphone SE 326 ppi 

Nokia 6 403 ppi 

P20 432 ppi 

 



DragonH19 #14 Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18613 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 19 May 2018 - 03:58 PM, said:

 

Less pixel density despite the tiny screen.

Iphone SE 326 ppi 

Nokia 6 403 ppi 

P20 432 ppi 

 

 

 

So how come the quality of IPHONE SE Photes look better, sharper and when you ZOOM IN in a picture, the image doesnt get blurry?



DragonH19 #15 Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18613 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 19 May 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

Why not the Xiaomi RedMi 5 Plus for like €190-200?

Which got released like a few months ago.

 

Mostly because i don't like to buy CROSS COUNTRY, i'm afraid of my customhouse. And the camera isnt that good. I make lots videos and take lots of pictures.

Homer_J #16 Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:05 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29045 battles
  • 30,553
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDragonH19, on 19 May 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

 

So how come the quality of IPHONE SE Photes look better, sharper and when you ZOOM IN in a picture, the image doesnt get blurry?

I'm talking about screen quality.

 

Quote

Photes look better, sharper and when you ZOOM IN in a picture, the image doesnt get blurry?

Doesn't look any better to me.

 

If anything the iPhone lacks definition in those tests.  Could just be that it has less pixels but I think it's more than that.

 


Edited by Homer_J, 19 May 2018 - 06:07 PM.


Nishi_Kinuyo #17 Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7762 battles
  • 4,249
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostDragonH19, on 19 May 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

 

Mostly because i don't like to buy CROSS COUNTRY, i'm afraid of my customhouse. And the camera isnt that good. I make lots videos and take lots of pictures.

You can buy them normally within the EU though. :/

Online store in my country stocks at like €180 even.

No imports or anything, order before midnight and you get it the next day.

 

Also, camera on any smartphone is rubbish.

If you want to make good photos or videos you'll want to buy a purpose-built camera for that like a Canon PowerShot.


Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 19 May 2018 - 06:10 PM.


DragonH19 #18 Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:08 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18613 battles
  • 862
  • [FE_PT] FE_PT
  • Member since:
    06-05-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 19 May 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

I'm talking about screen quality.

 

Quote

Photes look better, sharper and when you ZOOM IN in a picture, the image doesnt get blurry?

Doesn't look any better to me.

 

If anything the iPhone lacks definition in those tests.  Could just be that it has less pixels but I think it's more than that.

 

 

View PostHomer_J, on 19 May 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

I'm talking about screen quality.

 

Quote

Photes look better, sharper and when you ZOOM IN in a picture, the image doesnt get blurry?

Doesn't look any better to me.

 

If anything the iPhone lacks definition in those tests.  Could just be that it has less pixels but I think it's more than that.

 

 

Hmmmmmmmmm

Homer_J #19 Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29045 battles
  • 30,553
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 19 May 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

 

If you want to make good photos or videos you'll want to buy a purpose-built camera for that like a Canon PowerShot.

 

I would disagree with that, the compact camera is pretty much dead.  Why carry around another device for a minor improvement in quality.  Phone cameras are pretty good these days.  And my Nokia 8 can even imitate the narrow DOF you get from a DSLR.

Pansenmann #20 Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34360 battles
  • 12,730
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

I still use a Nokia Lumia 535

and am very sad that there are no new windows phones out there.

 

best user interface imo so far.

If I had to choose, I'd take the new nokia 6 too,

but acutally anything above 100€ is too expensive for me, for a telephone

that will maybe last for 2 years until there are no software updates.

(not that I dont have the money, but especially iphones are way to expensive for the value)


Edited by Pansenmann, 19 May 2018 - 08:38 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users