FrontLine Zone C

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

arctic_elvis #1 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14625 battles
  • [WTXM] WTXM

Let's hear about how it's the attackers' fault they get spawn killed in about 66% of games.

Thanks.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66296 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
It is... as they all leave it for B or A, 100% ignoring C. Leaving the few left on C unable to spawn anywhere else but C. Then again... having over 1/3 of the enemy team focus on 4 guys left on one lane constantly helps the other lanes push vs less.

Dorander #3 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18196 battles

C is difficult to cap, but it isn't difficult to fight in. If your team gets wiped in C at equal numbers, you've got a skill issue in C. The attackers' repairpoint is way more accessible than the defender's is. Most games however I see there's a point beyond the attackers simply won't advance in C, it's like a mini-Prokhorovka. Beyond the midline lies death.

I also noticed that frequently a lot of defenders who die in A or B, respawn in C, especially after those zones were capped. I've even seen half of defenders B move to C at game start, that wasn't just not fun (and note, I was on the defender's side and *I* was not enjoying myself, can only imagine how the attackers felt) but a disastrous tactical decision as we quickly lost the rest of the map.

Play well as an attacker on C however and you can farm a lot of damage (while being productive 'cause you really would not be able to cap C if there's so many enemies to hit), push their spawn back and then you can cap C... sadly so frequently I see that people don't realize when the opportune moment to kiss Elizabeth Swann cap is.

KillingJoker #4 Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
Spoiler

The problem with C, is that muppets are not intelligent enough, to realize they need to take controll over the hill, and they dont understand 

that to take control over the hill, they should send td's heavies for the hill end of story...

If you take the hill, you can easly either kill the spawn assalt team, or kill the defenders, the hill is the key

and what is frustrating in the C area, is that everytime i pick an heavy tank to take control over the hill imediatly the enemy team realizes that

(usualy defending) and they send 3 or 4 mediums to take me out, while the others stupid morons on my team either give up on the zone or keep dying like complete idiots trying to cap or in the spawn area...

Its really a matter of intelligence, people who cant imediatly notice the hill with that bridge in C is the key zone, will never, EVER understand how to play this game, period. 

Edited by KillingJoker, 20 May 2018 - 04:13 PM.

Dorander #5 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18196 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 20 May 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Spoiler

The problem with C, is that muppets are not intelligent enough, to realize they need to take controll over the hill, and they dont understand 

that to take control over the hill, they should send td's heavies for the hill end of story...

If you take the hill, you can easly either kill the spawn assalt team, or kill the defenders, the hill is the key

and what is frustrating in the C area, is that everytime i pick an heavy tank to take control over the hill imediatly the enemy team realizes that

(usualy defending) and they send 3 or 4 mediums to take me out, while the others stupid morons on my team either give up on the zone or keep dying like complete idiots trying to cap or in the spawn area...

Its really a matter of intelligence, people who cant imediatly notice the hill with that bridge in C is the key zone, will never, EVER understand how to play this game, period. 

Actually, of at least equal importance is the east flank, because unlike people on the hill, the east flank can put pressure on people who are in a position to fire on the cappers. As can the people in the valley below the hill (the one the bridge crosses over). People on the hill can barely help the cappers, the hill is great for defenders, not so great for attackers.

Browarszky #6 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostDorander, on 20 May 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

Actually, of at least equal importance is the east flank, because unlike people on the hill, the east flank can put pressure on people who are in a position to fire on the cappers. As can the people in the valley below the hill (the one the bridge crosses over). People on the hill can barely help the cappers, the hill is great for defenders, not so great for attackers.

I would rather recommend taking the east flank first, then advancing on the cap under the protection of the allied tanks holding the east flank. When defending, C is the only one of the first zones our team managed to hold till the very end of the battle.

Furlock #7 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 63095 battles
  • [EWOKS] EWOKS

Difficult to solve.

Most of the times, players respawn in A or B. This is probably due to a total lack of observing the situation on the map BEFORE respawn and the lemmming-effect of thinking that the letters A and B are better than C. I bet we could have 4 zones, A, B, C and D to start with... and the problem would arise in D.

C is in fact the best sector to start with, when defending well. All depends on the professionality of the players that are around. Good players will decide where to spawn, while occasional players will hit any zone without thinking about anything else than running into the next destruction.

Kindest regards,

M.

Frarel #8 Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 68120 battles
  • [BRAMI] BRAMI

There is a possibility off spawn killing by the defending team.

You don't get cap C it is almost impossible to win as an attacker.

That is for the team to solve.

The spawn killing should not be possible

Edited by Frarel, 20 May 2018 - 11:19 PM.

Suurpolskija #9 Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:36 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
I guess the current meta is rushing A & B lines and then coming back to C. Attackers seem to leave it at the start while defenders come there from neighbouring zones. Still, attackers seem to win 4/5 games or so.

TheR3dBaron #10 Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 34346 battles
  • [REMY] REMY

Personally, I don't think Zone C is too hard to cap, provided some team play. I'm guessing that is the problem. The right flank on zone C is less important if you can control the left one, but it's good to have one tank there.

The most important location is probably taking the bridge towards the area overlooking the cap. Once you have control over this, you need to push forwards under the bridge to take control over the repair spot, which could be done in a platoon. From this location, you can shoot hulldown tanks, protecting the cap, in the back. Now it's safe to cap near the bunker.

These are the most important positions:

Posted Image

The rest can be spread or some extra weight can be added to the cap.

SeekerKuba #11 Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31764 battles

C and F is most ballanced maps in this mode. They are great from both sides, however defenders have to lost to prolong battle (more time to make 'general' rank). 

The only problem with C is ability to kill enemy at spawn which happend when too many noobs leave C... becasue once they got instakilled in base...

Personally i always move to C and usually i am doing great but once i got **** in base. 2 players moved to B map at begining, next 2 who died went to A or B while numbers of enemy increased to 14... 

Temid23 #12 Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53324 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

Only issue with C is that repair point for attackers is to easy to farm and/or cap is just a tiny bit too open. Its harder to cap then A or B but certainly possible.

The real problem is that half (or more) part of players in this game is flat out terrible. PVE bots would outplay 25-30% I see in randoms/frontline... it's so f sad :(

Baldrickk #13 Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30142 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostTemid23, on 21 May 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

Only issue with C is that repair point for attackers is to easy to farm and/or cap is just a tiny bit too open. Its harder to cap then A or B but certainly possible.

The real problem is that half (or more) part of players in this game is flat out terrible. PVE bots would outplay 25-30% I see in randoms/frontline... it's so f sad :(

What do you expect when you give free tier 8s to players who havent reached there yet and don't know the game properly?

Temid23 #14 Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53324 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

View PostBaldrickk, on 21 May 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

What do you expect when you give free tier 8s to players who havent reached there yet and don't know the game properly?

I would accept that 2-3 year ago but now you can encounter ~40-43% players playing tier 10 tanks constantly...

Lord_Barbarozza #15 Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6548 battles

What happens when everybody cluster together instead of shooting the enemy from all angles, you become shooting ducks for the enemy team.

What happens when half the team is afraid to cap, but rather runs in circles, you end up not capping.

What happens when you get shot from all direction capping on C, you end up respawning in another tank.

Bennie182 #16 Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53738 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

C is unbalanced. In A or B, I am able to relocate to a different side if my zone plays trash. At C I can't relocate or not easy at least, wether it be in defending or attacking position.

I'd rather destroy my tank by pressing "J" then play on that flank. On attacking side it's hard and defending is boring and mostly I get loads of trash players there, so we lose that flank, sometimes being it the first zone that is taken over...

Solstad1069 #17 Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41019 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 20 May 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

Spoiler

Kind of describes my problems with Frontline very well. Intelligence. In random mode you only need a couple of other "green" guys to carry a whole team.

Not so much in Frontline, its the idiot version of Wot were people are happy sitting in some bush aiming and shooting what casualy comes along. Or defending a main object thats already destroyed.

tankqull #18 Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20928 battles
  • [-FD-] -FD-

View PostKillingJoker, on 20 May 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Spoiler

actually not the hill is the key but the valley behind it as it allows to crush the cappoint camping defenders on the side of the hill

spuff #19 Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12451 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
2 games in a row as attacker today and both times starting zone C. Easily the hardest spawn for attacking. Both games Zone C was just abandoned by the rest of the team leaving 3 or 4 of us who had no option but to keep respawning in C. Eventually more tanks came to help and we quickly steam rolled through when 2 bunkers had already been destroyed by the A and B line people. Unsurprisingly zone C people had died the most and did the least damage.

Browarszky #20 Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postspuff, on 23 May 2018 - 08:41 PM, said:

2 games in a row as attacker today and both times starting zone C. Easily the hardest spawn for attacking. Both games Zone C was just abandoned by the rest of the team leaving 3 or 4 of us who had no option but to keep respawning in C. Eventually more tanks came to help and we quickly steam rolled through when 2 bunkers had already been destroyed by the A and B line people. Unsurprisingly zone C people had died the most and did the least damage.

Just now was attacking on C, but the situation was completely hopeless. The enemy had a strong force with at least 3 HT's, couple of MT's and at least one nasty LT plus a TD. They had pushed far enough to virtually spawn kill our tanks. We managed to get some breathing room but not enough to push for C. The smart thing would have been to abandon C and only make decoy attacks there and push the other two sectors hard. My team did not push hard enough, we only managed to cap A,B, and D...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users