• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

LordMuffin #1 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47010 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

POPULAR

Or why I have decided to take an indefinite break from WoT.

Ps. This will be a rather long post that will include many words and sentences, and yes, there will be a tldr for the lazy ones.

1: Matchmaker, why I believe the new template matchmaker is bad for the gameplay experience. And this is also the main reason for my indefinite break from WoT.

Spoiler

2: Maps

Spoiler

3: Tanks and Premium ammo

Spoiler

4: Arty

Spoiler

If WG manages to make the matchmaker good again, sort out the tank balance and fix the maps, I could very well come back into this game and support it. But currently, it just have to many flaws that makes it unfun to play.

And since it is a long post, we better have some statistics.

The Promised TLDR

Spoiler

Dorander #2 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17854 battles

Can I have your stuff?

Oh wait this is not that kind of MMO.

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #3 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9308 battles

TLDR..

LordMuffin #4 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47010 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDorander, on 20 May 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Can I have your stuff?

Oh wait this is not that kind of MMO.

Of course you can, for a price.

Just send me a pm.

Solstad1069 #5 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 39388 battles

Well its not a teamgame thats for sure, dont mean to hijack your thread Muffin, but didnt bother posting a new one myself.

Just on himmelsdorf in my firefly and a tier 8 battle ofcourse, when i move out and look down the 3 line this yoloing comet comes running.

So i fight this guy for about a minute on that corner just a few meters behind a friendly tier 7 pizza tank. Just amazes me how blind people are, no help what so ever, he did not turn at all.

Btw i won because he missed me once

Attached Files

• Attached File   teamgame.PNG   3.75MB

Edited by Solstad1069, 20 May 2018 - 03:50 PM.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #6 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16959 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP
Good whine. Agree with everything except the old MM was not good. They just somehow managed to make it even worse. If I recall correctly, so far the best has been (for a very short time) the first template system in 9.18, which didn't favor 3-5-7 but gave a lot of 5-10 and same tier. Also arty doesn't necessarily have to be reworked, just limited to 1 a side.

SovietBias #7 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36815 battles
  • [DIRE] DIRE

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about 1.0 maps. The worst offenders being Erlenberg, Cliff, Mines and now Province.

As for arty consumable, however, I think it is a bad idea and should not be implemented: 1) maps are relatively small and crowded 2) you could be facing 15+ arty strikes, at no particular interval which is more than you usually get in a match. I'd rather have a lower cap ( 2 or 1) per battle, even if it meant having  face arty every match.

As for premium ammo and MM, I would not hold any hopes for a change.

Enforcer1975 #8 Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 18986 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Muffin you do realize that the patch might have brought in old players who wanted to take a look and now they had their fill and looking at other games again? 

scouse_in_the_house #9 Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1019 battles
They really do need to look at arty and the map design. Both are really poorly done and drain so much of the enjoyment from the game.

fwhaatpiraat #10 Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44574 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
The 268.4 might created some nice revenues, it also created a lot of toxicity and hostility. Can't wait for the upcoming new tier x Russian medium and heavy tanks, it will be so much fun for the entire player base. /s

I'm not sure if the current mm templates are worse than the mm in the past. But as long as the extremes (of tank performance) get more extreme - due to power creep - the difference between top tier and bottom tier tanks become bigger.

Mostly agree on the maps part. Especially about Abbey. Just imagine if a bottom tier light tank flanks top tier tanks, especially those Japanese heavies and the new Russian td. The horror. WG just wanted to make sure that such kind of tanks could not be countered. Nice gesture.

Premium ammo is part of the 'get fcked policy'. Pay or die. Not expecting changes soon, it's a nice cashcow. "Pay to progress", funny joke.

Arty got reworked properly imo, will never be balanced, but so are many 'regular' tanks. Wr-equalizer has a positive aspect besides the negatives; namely countering 'w for victory' playstyle.

Tldr; concept of WoT remains strong. Pity that development of the game is not aimed at improving balance, gameplay-wise. Which never was important for WG, unfortunately.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 20 May 2018 - 04:37 PM.

_b_ #11 Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 54132 battles

Agree with the muffinman completely.  

But I'll keep playing...still love tanks and for the most part manage to not care about WGs inability to make this game as great as it could be..

However, besides perhaps granting myself a premium tank...I'm just about done spending more money on the game.

If I'd told in clear words just what I feel about WG as a company and its developers, I'd be lucky to only get a permanent forum ban :/

CraftyVeteran #12 Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4147 battles
  • [Y-U] Y-U

View PostLordMuffin, on 20 May 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Or why I have decided to take an indefinite break from WoT.

Ps. This will be a rather long post that will include many words and sentences, and yes, there will be a tldr for the lazy ones.

1: Matchmaker, why I believe the new template matchmaker is bad for the gameplay experience. And this is also the main reason for my indefinite break from WoT.

Spoiler

2: Maps

Spoiler

3: Tanks and Premium ammo

Spoiler

4: Arty

Spoiler

If WG manages to make the matchmaker good again, sort out the tank balance and fix the maps, I could very well come back into this game and support it. But currently, it just have to many flaws that makes it unfun to play.

And since it is a long post, we better have some statistics.

The Promised TLDR

Spoiler

arty will never be removed.  do you realize how much it will cost wg in real money giving people tons of gold and credits and vehicles just to compensate? it's in too deep. deal with it.  

Y_O_L_0 #13 Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18755 battles
  • [Z__G] Z__G

View PostCraftyVeteran, on 20 May 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

do you realize how much it will cost wg in real money giving people tons of gold and credits and vehicles just to compensate?

How much?

Dorander #14 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17854 battles

it's in too deep. deal with it.  

That's what she said! :trollface:

LordMuffin #15 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47010 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostEnforcer1975, on 20 May 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Muffin you do realize that the patch might have brought in old players who wanted to take a look and now they had their fill and looking at other games again? 

I know, just like me.

It brought some oldies back,  for a while...

Why only for a while?

Because the reason for quitting didn't get solved.

Long_Range_Sniper #16 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29761 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

arty will never be removed.  do you realize how much it will cost wg in real money giving people tons of gold and credits and vehicles just to compensate? it's in too deep. deal with it.  

A concise and detailed explanation of the state of the game from one of the best players in the game and that was the best you could come up with?

Sorry for the pause in the game Muffin. I guess I won't be meatshielding you for a while. You make some very good points. Fundamentally it's down to MM for me as well. That's why my randoms have been almost non-existent since Frontline went live as it negates many of the things you've outlined.

No MM to worry about.

All tier 8

Maps are playable

Tactics actually work

Brodie_ #17 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 76521 battles

The game to me seems to slowly, very slowly dying.

I am glad that I experienced being in a decent clan, when the game was at it's zenith.

When they tried to mix up the skirmish system.

They completely cxcked the whole dynamic up!

To try to explain it all would take to long...

(Defender... Etc...)

9.18 was a massive mistake in sooo many ways!

Check out on the graphs, how much of a a success that made the game!

I think they lost more players than they gained!

Slowly caring less & less about WOT which is a good thing for me...

I still enjoy the game.

However the thrill has gone for me!

wsatnutter #18 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24105 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Come back soon 

ApocalypseSquad #19 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26230 battles

Sorry to see you go, you are clearly a good player, but as such I don't understand why the MM system gives you so many issues?  Unless I am in a stock tank (which really sucks), then I rarely find myself without something useful to try and do as a bottom tier tank.  And if it comes to the end game and you are up against a +2 tank, in my experience numbers always count and if you have a numerical advantage and a half decent team then the map is clear enough by then to give you plenty of options.  If your team is s-h-i-t then yes, you will lose.,  But that will be the case whatever the MM.

Agree with you map summary though.  The changes have mostly not helped.

Best wishes, and hope you reconsider.

arthurwellsley #20 Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50806 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Intelligent post with well made points articulated in a relatively concise fashion. There is a lot that I agree with, whilst at the same time there are points that I disagree with. Muffin is a long enough term player to have played back in +3 mm when he started. He must also have played when Type 59 Wolfpack's were more pernicious than one Object 268 v4 per match. I sometimes feel that some of the older account players have just become jaded with WoT. I say that because rose tinted glasses seem to fall over their eyes when one objectively considers how unbalanced WoT was in 2011 and 2012.

Yes the majority of us would much prefer WoT without spgs. But think about it and remember just how horrid they were before 8.6. Before then it was possible to carry games in arty.

As LRS points out accurately Frontline mode answers many of the criticisms that Muffin makes. It is limited to tier VIII only. There is a nice flow to the battles and the maps are halfway decent. In addition it has it's own set of consumables including arty strike. The consumables in FL are a good argument for excluding the spg class from that mode entirely.

Always enjoyed your posts Muffin. Hope you find another pastime to relax with, or come back to WoT with renewed pleasure in it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users