is WoT dying?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

RetroCh1cken #1 Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4552 battles
as the title says, is it true? I'e heard it a lot and I dunno, is it?

EltvilleTiger #2 Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21016 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Sorry, your question is easily answered by simply logging on to the servers.  Is there another game taking over?  Are you referring to something else?  This premise of "WoT is dying" (and it's various statement forms) have been in the forums for the past 6+ years.

Yes, it is dying.

No, it is not dying.  

Take your pick... 

Jigabachi #3 Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Well. What do you think? What did you hear? And what does "dying" even mean?

Hint: Threads that start with even less than a single line of text aren't the most intelligent thing. You might want to not continue like that and learn to put some more effort into it.

RetroCh1cken #4 Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4552 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 20 May 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

Well. What do you think? What did you hear? And what does "dying" even mean?

Hint: Threads that start with even less than a single line of text aren't the most intelligent thing. You might want to not continue like that and learn to put some more effort into it.

Dying, if a game is dying it only means one thing, it is dying and I only asked if it was or not, simply if a game is dying the player base gets smaller and smaller and fewer people play it.

Edited by RetroCh1cken, 20 May 2018 - 07:19 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #5 Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:55 PM

General

• Player
  • 30679 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 20 May 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

as the title says, is it true? I'e heard it a lot and I dunno, is it?

I've no idea, but can I commend you on your most played tank (E25), with 362 games, 40% winrate and 29 Wn8.

I think the question is not whether WoT is dying but if you have managed to play whilst dead?

Dorander #6 Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

Every game dies, from the moment it is born.

Your question makes no sense. The short answer is "No". The longer answer is, going by the definition you have given it does not mean anything if a game is "dying". Every game loses players over time once its novelty wears off, it's typical of any online game that its playerbase will decay over time. Eventually it will reach a point where it's no longer profitable to sustain, or a newer version takes over, but you can't tell from any public data when that actually is.

You should instead be asking if you're having fun playing it, and if you have trouble getting into matches. Queue times are still instant for me and I'm having fun so it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

Jigabachi #7 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 20 May 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

Dying, if a game is dying it only means one thing, it is dying and I only asked if it was or not, simply if a game is dying the player base gets smaller and smaller and less people play it.

1. You can die by lightning and you can die by a disease, which takes months or years.

2. The game is over 8 years old.

3. The game has many many problems.

wsatnutter #8 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24442 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
no idea but I need to water my sprouts or there  a gonna

RetroCh1cken #9 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4552 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 20 May 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

I've no idea, but can I commend you on your most played tank (E25), with 362 games, 40% winrate and 29 Wn8.

I think the question is not whether WoT is dying but if you have managed to play whilst dead?

I have no idea why you have to bring my winrate into this but I have played it for a long time, since 2013 if I'm going to be exact and I see more & more things like ''wot is dying'' and I've seen more people complain about stuff in wot then in 2013 and I've looked at some stats wot have lost some of it's player base.

View PostDorander, on 20 May 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

Every game dies, from the moment it is born.

Your question makes no sense. The short answer is "No". The longer answer is, going by the definition you have given it does not mean anything if a game is "dying". Every game loses players over time once its novelty wears off, it's typical of any online game that its playerbase will decay over time. Eventually it will reach a point where it's no longer profitable to sustain, or a newer version takes over, but you can't tell from any public data when that actually is.

You should instead be asking if you're having fun playing it, and if you have trouble getting into matches. Queue times are still instant for me and I'm having fun so it doesn't matter what anyone else does.

That's true but this is a bit different, this game is an online game with no sequel or prequel which they always try to improve, like they did recently with upgrading the graphics.

Dorander #10 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 20 May 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

That's true but this is a bit different, this game is an online game with no sequel or prequel which they always try to improve, like they did recently with upgrading the graphics.

Let's think out loud for a second.

If the answer is "No", what are you going to do?

If the answer is "Yes", what are you going to do?

The problem of the question is that depending on how you want to define things you can answer both no and yes. For example, there are fewer players active than, say, three years ago. So by that definition WoT is "dying". Except there are still a lot of players active, and frequently a population spike appears before it drops back to what's been the rough population level for the past 2 years. So by that definition WoT isn't dying.

It's also worth noting that even if a game is supposedly dying, it's still very much alive while doing so. As long as you can play, what consequences does either answer to this question have for you?

Hedgehog1963 #11 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50924 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 20 May 2018 - 05:53 PM, said:

Dying, if a game is dying it only means one thing, it is dying and I only asked if it was or not, simply if a game is dying the player base gets smaller and smaller and less people play it.

*fewer

unhappy_bunny #12 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17926 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Personally I think it is not dying, but there are a few players recently whose posts make you think they want it to. 

What we dont need is a daily "Is WoT dying" thread. 

RetroCh1cken #13 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4552 battles

View PostDorander, on 20 May 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

Let's think out loud for a second.

If the answer is "No", what are you going to do?

If the answer is "Yes", what are you going to do?

The problem of the question is that depending on how you want to define things you can answer both no and yes. For example, there are fewer players active than, say, three years ago. So by that definition WoT is "dying". Except there are still a lot of players active, and frequently a population spike appears before it drops back to what's been the rough population level for the past 2 years. So by that definition WoT isn't dying.

It's also worth noting that even if a game is supposedly dying, it's still very much alive while doing so. As long as you can play, what consequences does either answer to this question have for you?

Okay so you answered your question in your question, as you said what I said was a question, I was just wondering if or if not WoT is dying as a game, I'm not saying we should or should not do something, I'm not saying it ruins my gameplay, I just simply posted it as a simpel question, I was just simply wondering if the rumors are true or not.

Dorander #14 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 20 May 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

Okay so you answered your question in your question, as you said what I said was a question, I was just wondering if or if not WoT is dying as a game, I'm not saying we should or should not do something, I'm not saying it ruins my gameplay, I just simply posted it as a simpel question, I was just simply wondering if the rumors are true or not.

I think you're missing the point I was trying to make. I'm saying that the answer is indeterminable. The easiest answer to give if you want a simple one, like I said, is "No."

Rataplan #15 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15808 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Maybe the thread someone started before and which is on page one of the gameplay section with 4 pages of answers and opinions on this matter could have answered your question.

But hey, why bother when you can start a new one ?

RetroCh1cken #16 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4552 battles

View PostDorander, on 20 May 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

I think you're missing the point I was trying to make. I'm saying that the answer is indeterminable. The easiest answer to give if you want a simple one, like I said, is "No."

I might have missed the point but the fact that almost all replies I get in such a short span of time is more of people not wanting to talk about this subject than actually answering it just seems weird, again, it's just a simpel question I don't understand why I get things like my winrate in a game into this.

View PostHedgehog1963, on 20 May 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

*fewer

Welp, thanks for correcting me (got English as a second language)

RetroCh1cken #17 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4552 battles

View PostRataplan, on 20 May 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

Maybe the thread someone started before and which is on page one of the gameplay section with 4 pages of answers and opinions on this matter could have answered your question.

But hey, why bother when you can start a new one ?

Yeah... I kinda tried to search my answer up but after not finding any results I just made a new one and then I saw someone already made this question. Sadly you can't delete threads, atleast from what I know.

spamhamstar #18 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostDorander, on 20 May 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

or "yes" ;)

Long_Range_Sniper #19 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

General

• Player
  • 30679 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRetroCh1cken, on 20 May 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

I have no idea why you have to bring my winrate into this but I have played it for a long time, since 2013 if I'm going to be exact and I see more & more things like ''wot is dying'' and I've seen more people complain about stuff in wot then in 2013 and I've looked at some stats wot have lost some of it's player base.

The account you started this thread with has 4394 battles in almost five years which is just over two battles a day on average.

When we see accounts like yours on the forum it's usually a number of things.

• It really is your only account, in which case with the amount you play the game it really doesn't matter if the game is alive or dead. When you play you just get farmed for damage, and when you don't play the game goes on anyway as the number of games you actually play does not help with queue times or forming teams.
  • It's not your only account, in which case you've started a thread for another reason as you probably know the game in much more detail than your stats would suggest.

The forum has seen "the game is dying" threads for years,. Here's one from just after you joined and the guy who started it is still playing.

http://forum.worldof... dying#topmost

So whether you play dead or alive it really doesn't matter.

Yakito #20 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18814 battles
  • [-FCC-] -FCC-
Yes, planet 9 is upon us. Wot will die tomorrow at 2am. Sell your shares!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users