Keep Front Line Forever

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

stokescj #1 Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6537 battles

I think its such a fun game mode. I find it relaxing, very profitable and a nice variation from the normal game mode. 

I think many people are really enjoying it. Please keep it permanently. 

Bulldog_Drummond #2 Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 28077 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

Rammste1ner #3 Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29850 battles
WG wanted to show that they can make the game enjoyable when/if they want.....haven't touched random battles since event started.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
As long as they fix the major issues... yeah. It's finally a gamemode that kinda works and is borderline fun.

Edited by Jigabachi, 20 May 2018 - 11:32 PM.

Search_Warrant #5 Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26146 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Already sent a mod a quick word, got a reply he passin it forwards, (he also likes the game mode!) so thats a step in the right direction.

Captain_Submarine #6 Posted 20 May 2018 - 11:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 50442 battles
  • [B_F_E] B_F_E
agree but do something about spawn killers if your on the attacking team , the def team can drive up to our spawn point 

stokescj #7 Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:37 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6537 battles

Agreed, they do need to fix spawn camping. This should be really easy to do. Its only happened to me once but its very demoralising. 

I think another reason I like it so much is, even with the Artillery skill many people have, Artillery generally seems much less significant in the game. They don't limit your freedom and the game feels more fluid because of it. And on the rare occasion you do get smacked by it, you can go repair.

Also, perhaps this sounds silly but because it's not the normal mode, I am less focused on being competitive (I am not the best player but do Ok) and way more chilled out. Perfect when your in a lazy mood. By my nature I am quite competitive, always have been, which means on randoms I generally try quite hard and play to the best of my skill level (which is hopefully improving lol). Basically it brings balance. 

Spurtung #8 Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:24 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60740 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

Funny thing is that it wasn't even WG creating the map.

Perhaps instead of teaming up to get stupid skins for the emperor, they should reach out to other companies to make their maps.

Captain_Submarine #9 Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 50442 battles
  • [B_F_E] B_F_E

View PostCaptain_Submarine, on 20 May 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

agree but do something about spawn killers if your on the attacking team , the def team can drive up to our spawn point 

it happend again 23/05 at 22:40 pm enemy camp at our spawnpoint and so the killed me 3 times before i even drove 5 meters 

dosomething about it please because its annoying and it takes the fun out of the game 

how can i insert print screens i have 3 of them for prove

Edited by Captain_Submarine, 23 May 2018 - 09:52 PM.

RamRaid90 #10 Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20034 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCaptain_Submarine, on 23 May 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

it happend again 23/05 at 22:40 pm enemy camp at our spawnpoint and so the killed me 3 times before i even drove 5 meters 

dosomething about it please because its annoying and it takes the fun out of the game 

Spawn somewhere else.

And For the record, I belive the spawn points are protected by automatic artillery fire. So I think you're talking crap.

Homer_J #11 Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27288 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCaptain_Submarine, on 20 May 2018 - 11:42 PM, said:

I tried that last night and I couldn't get near without getting the waning symbol up.  I don't think you know what spawn camping is.  You never saw our spawn camping tower of doom in RtCW.:ohmy:

Private_Pearts #12 Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21047 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

View PostCaptain_Submarine, on 23 May 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

But surely if the defenders are getting that far then the attackers are doing something wrong.

In real life an objective would normally be ignored until the flanks and the centre have been secured allowing the 'cappers' to do their thing relatively unmolested.

This works in both attack and defence.

Homer_J #13 Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27288 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPrivate_Pearts, on 23 May 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

But surely if the defenders are getting that far then the attackers are doing something wrong.

That's pretty much been my opinion since I started playing online games back in the early 1990's.

If you got yourselves spawn locked then you deserve to lose.

The thing with Frontline mode is that it's not in the defenders interest to spawn lock you like it would be in most team based shooters, it's more profitable to let you take the zones to extend the time.  Then they can objective camp you to death instead.

sub0303 #14 Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22862 battles
  • [LABE] LABE

I love the Frontline game mode ... it is so refreshing and really fun to play.   I really hope they keep the game mode running and alternatively switch it around from tier to tier every month or so.   There are so many pro's  like you can roll out in your tier eights again without running into a bunch of tier 10's dominating the whole game.   So after two games you can even take out all the gold shells as it's not needed anymore although  maybe on a few lights you can keep it as you will still run into a defender or Chrysler once in a while.  When you die it isn't over - less need of ongoing camping and you can roll-in to be the hero (for a short while) going for that desperate decap or cap.    You can jump from zone to zone and attack the others from the side or rear.   It's a (special) game mode you can really have fun in even if you are not a super player and thx to Wargaming even players without tier 8's can participate.   OK they might be lost once in a while but they did provide the tanks and the ability to participate.    It also really encourages team play which is needed to win - whether you are defending or attacking.   Not everybody does get it as with every game - but i did notice that with teaming up with a few folks a helping each other you can win the game together.  

The mode has a few bugs here and there - the weird lag spikes and also from a map design perspective i feel the C-zone is not that balanced.      Capping that one is fairly hard as there is no real cover in the cap circle and the defending team has an advantage there in my opinion.   The capability to sit on the ledge and shoot into the cap there is something which should be work out  and i feel WG can quickly find a solution for that.   I also noticed the attacking players spawning in zone C quickly relocate in most cases to another zone fighting there which should give the attaching team an overhead there.     Jumping from zone A & B and even D & E is very easy - while going into the C zone from B is a fairly lengthy drive.  So it  would be great as players in B can easier get into the C zone.  

Anyway i love the front line game mode and since it's release i hardly played any of the 'normal' modes.  

AvalancheZ257 #15 Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3397 battles
  • [3WCST] 3WCST

View PostHomer_J, on 23 May 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

I tried that last night and I couldn't get near without getting the waning symbol up.  I don't think you know what spawn camping is.  You never saw our spawn camping tower of doom in RtCW.:ohmy:

There are several spots near the red line where you can safely fire on tanks that are spawning in. It doesn't cover the whole spawn beach but its pretty demoralising when you have lost half your health before you get to the red line, and then realise the repair point is on the other side of the ridge right where the enemy is. Its why C point gets locked down so much since it has the most spots where you can fire on the spawn. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users