• 11509 battles
remember the super pershing, wargaming?

cookiemonster66 #4242 Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:50 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 47530 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 31 July 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

Its more likely to be a pyrrhic victory

From the get go the idea that premium tanks SHOULD be weaker than TT tanks is ridiculous, because making them nerfed in comparison to a tank at the same tier with the same MM makes their "alleged" boosts meaningless compared to a fully upgraded and elited TT tank as you would ONLY get 50% more for example if you got the fully upgraded TT tank and then applied a 50% boost to that. But get the same tank, nerf it and THEn apply a 50% boost and it wont perform as well BECAUSE its nerfed, so it earns less and you get 50% of less as a result. and more so when the things that have been nerfed are penetration, armour or view range, view range being especially important as they are "crew trainers" and as such will often, if not exclusively be being fielded with poorly trained crews often not even at 100% of their major crew qualifications

Because if a tank is only 80% as effective as its nearest TT comparable tank because of its nerfs then you don't actually get the claimed bonuses, you get 80% of the claimed bonuses

As for the "but they can still flank" that is far more relevant to faster tanks, but many of the power crept premiums are slow as a house and are more likely to BE flanked than be doing the flanking

With the PMM tanks they shouldn't really be "as" good as normal MM tanks, but they should still be able to compete one tier higher for which WG should really set a minimum pen/DPM to make things clearer then bring ALL premiums that can meet that tier up to those figures as the absolute minimum, something like 240 for tier 10, 210 for tier 9, 180 for tier 8 or whatever. That way we wouldn't have to endure hit and miss or piss poor buffs, every tank with the exception of arty, light tanks and derp guns could instantly be moved to the minimum DPM and penetration if they don't already meet the requirements of the highest tiers they face, Then as the power creep continues they would just need to increase the minimum penetration to reflect that across ALL lines in one go instead of randomly and spreading it over years often ignoring many tanks completely

But really I think WG should pick a scope for each tier, give weighting to each group of characteristics such as mobility, firepower, armour and view range. Then where a tank excels in one they should be reduced in the others so that all tanks are once again "fairly" equal whilst still being different, But penetration and DPM should be the area with the least variance for everything except arty and light tanks as light tanks should really have penetration that is well below par but view range and cammo that is better than anything else they should meet so they aren't medium tank replacements on steroids

But with the current farce we have tanks in the same tier that range from being more suited to be placed 1 or 2 tiers below their actual tier and some that should really be a tier higher because there is no real structure to the game

The only other possibility would be to use the TT for the research progression, but then use the tanks actual stats for placing them in games. So if a tank is extremely weak for its tier it gets placed in matches as though its 1 or 2 tiers lower, if its OP for its tier it gets placed in matches as though its a tier higher.based on the core stats like their penetration and DPM which would to some extent negate the negative effects of power creep

Another possibility that I think many might actually like would be having the ability to make your favourite TT tanks a premium, pay for them the same way you would a premium tank with gold, but then have them function just like a premium for crew training any crew and with the same boosters for their tier

This would solve to some extent the problems of power creep and borderline fraudulent boost claims as they would then perform at 100% of the level as their "TT counterparts" so any boosts claimed for the tier would in fact be exactly 100% of the boost claimed, not a percentage of it due to nerfing of premiums, then people could also have crew trainers in lines that don't have readily available premiums but without having to endure sub standard ones as well as it removing the chance of WG introducing their next fairy tale super tank to fill that void

I make some great valid points as do you sadly we have brains and as such we will never be able to work for WG and thus fix these fixable problems. WG have never been able to think things through logically. This whole series of screw ups was caused by the 252, it was way way overpowered when introduced, people understood some new prems would be slightly better and some slightly worse and played around these minor strengths and weakness's. Enter the 252 an obviously broken tank at the time. The logical solution would have been withdrawal from sale and a rebalance even if that meant refunds to those who wanted it. But no, the people they laughingly called dev's decided the way to go was to change the entire meta around armour and the need to spam gold shells to be effective and to change every tank in the games performance, turning 1 problem of the 252 needing a rebalance or simply removing it, into scores if not hundreds of other issues.

The other and simplest way would have been to admit they got the 252 wrong and simply removed it from sale, over time the numbers of the 252 would have dropped as boredom with it set in or people left the game. Before the Mutant was brought out for general resale again its in game use had dropped to just 40 people on the EU server still active and playing the game, showing that over time simply removing the 252 and never selling again would have naturally reduced it's numbers. How often did you see the mutant in game or even the Pz11j, again before it's re release for sale. Almost never. Here are 2 easy and obvious to anyone not a WG dev solutions ignored by the dev's and as a result of one broken tank and the ridiculous decision to rebalance every tank around it in the game WoT has over all become a mess. WoT for me has for years been my go too game, spending hours playing and enjoying  it everyday, now it's an occasional visit a few games and then large break of time till my next visit. I havent spent on the game since Christmas, i have no intention of spending again nor would i start any title WG have anything to do with. Total war series a 20 year love affair of a game for me with every title and dlc owned, but Total War Arena's as it involve's WG is a title i would never touch. I have zero confidence in WG these days, peace out and last comment on this page.

Edited by cookiemonster66, 05 September 2018 - 09:56 AM.

djchopper1 #4243 Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15922 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

Answered by Slava Makarov (Product Director), Andrey Biletskiy (Creative Director of World of Tanks) and Anton Pankov (Publishing Director):

* Work on crew skills are underway, no other news for now;
* Yes, tier V to VII tanks changes are coming (including T67). Stats will be revised (improved);
* WG is experimenting with bridge destruction/avalanches for the future;
* Cross-team chat return is not planned;
* Pref MM tanks who can’t be rebalanced will be refunded fully in gold;  this one will be the e25 
* A new CZ prem will appear in the future;
* The T-103 USSR premium of VIII tier will appear next year. The devs have a cunning plan (supposedly a new line leading to the Taran according to rumors);
* A new trade-in campaign will appear;
* Devs don’t plan to change the Grille 15. They are content with it.
* The blogger battles will appear again, the event will be further improved;
* Old player incentives/encouragement – info in December;
* All changes implemented now are for VIII tiers, the lower tiers come next;

Midnightsun1912 #4244 Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:17 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22541 battles

* Pref MM tanks who can’t be rebalanced will be refunded fully in gold;  this one will be the e25 

Sp people who bought a very expensive Premimum will get the "gold value" of this tank? HOw about then a full refund in Money?

iKnewIT #4245 Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 72205 battles

View Postdjchopper1, on 09 September 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

Thanks for information. ;)

* Work on crew skills are underway, no other news for now; No comments; hope it won't be worse than now and we adapt to them easy and fast.
* Yes, tier V to VII tanks changes are coming (including T67). Stats will be revised (improved); No comments; hope they wont do it worse; don't think T67 would be "improved", it a little bit OP now.

Anyway, most of middle tier SLOW tanks are unplayable on the TOP in 3/5/7 as in the END too.
* WG is experimenting with bridge destruction/avalanches for the future; No comments; who cares?
* Cross-team chat return is not planned; No comments; I adapted with it; we know the reasons why it done so (there was needed additional staff to work with bickering between players, it means additional costs for WG)
* Pref MM tanks who can’t be rebalanced will be refunded fully in gold;  this one will be the e25 No additional comments; it may be not the best, but good decision anyway.
* A new CZ prem will appear in the future; No comments; let it be; who cares?
* The T-103 USSR premium of VIII tier will appear next year. The devs have a cunning plan (supposedly a new line leading to the Taran according to rumors); O"K, let it be.... despite I still haven't got up to Kranvagn, TVP, Obj. 705 and Type... I stopped to play with tier 6-8 tanks of these branches after 9.18... and You may not believe, but I still have BC 25t, 121 and Obj. 277 in mine hangar with 0,00000 battles for 3-6-9 months because of some reasons. :P Besides, to be very clear, I do not like to play with tanks w/o 360 degrees turrets.
* A new trade-in campaign will appear; No comments; let it be.
* Devs don’t plan to change the Grille 15. They are content with it. No comments; there are some other more OP tanks in right hands.
* The blogger battles will appear again, the event will be further improved; No comments; they will be on RU servers only I think.
* Old player incentives/encouragement – info in December; We'll wait.
* All changes implemented now are for VIII tiers, the lower tiers come next; It seems it's the answer to the question about PMM tanks.

So, there is some useful information in these answers, but nothing really good or special... :(

Edited by iKnewIT, 11 September 2018 - 11:32 AM.

Midnightsun1912 #4246 Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22541 battles

* Pref MM tanks who can’t be rebalanced will be refunded fully in gold;  this one will be the e25 No additional comments; it may be not the best, but good decision anyway.

So people paid some expensive bundles to get this seldom tank and it would be ok if it is taken out and you are paid gold for it?

iKnewIT #4247 Posted 11 September 2018 - 12:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 72205 battles

View PostMidnightsun1912, on 11 September 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

So people paid some expensive bundles to get this seldom tank and it would be ok if it is taken out and you are paid gold for it?

1. To buy or not to buy.... It's Your decision? Or not? I hope nobody forced You to? Were there some reasons for such acting? Have You used others goodies from bundles? Were they useful?

2. You haven't read it carefully.... Vehicles which can't be rebalanced in a right way (and if You wouldn't want to keep them in Your hangar any more).... They are these which are too OP in right hands and too UP in not right hands at the same time. :P

p. s. If we are talking about OP tanks.... I think that PzIVH with derp gun and M7 with pre-top gun are OP. Why? Because I can play with them in the bottom in 14/0/1 with 14 tier 7 tanks per team w/o any problems (and it would be much more interesting for me than to play with them in 3/5/7 on the top). But... it's only mine opinion. May it be that 99/100 of players do have an opposite opinion?

p. p. s. I don't like to play with tanks w/o 360 degrees turrets, so I have bought 0 premium TDs. But, on the other hand.... I've spent some money for this game.

Edited by iKnewIT, 13 September 2018 - 07:05 AM.

WoT_RU_Doing #4248 Posted 11 September 2018 - 01:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46229 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostiKnewIT, on 11 September 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

This I see as a concern. Partly as already stated by midnightsun, myself and many other players will not be happy to have a tank withdrawn and replaced with gold. However, my biggest concern is that if this is their plan, the E25 should never have been put in the vote and subsequently put up for sale a week or so ago.

The other points I'm still thinking about.

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 11 September 2018 - 01:33 PM.

TOP__BANANA #4249 Posted 04 October 2018 - 02:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42213 battles
  • [DENK] DENK

The team has been hard at work addressing balance issues

addressing your own made problems. and ripping every player off who buy a preff mm tank, its the only reason they sold. nothing you can do, its a full refund or keep it the same as you have done with leff tier 5 arty prem you never touch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users