Frontline: Do you think the sides are balanced?

Frontline balanced sides attacker defender win ratio loss ratio match making

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Frontline: What are the win ratios? (23 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

In your opinion, which side wins more? Attackers, Defenders or Its Balanced

1. Attackers win more (6 votes [26.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

2. Defenders win more (6 votes [26.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.09%

3. It's Balanced about 50/50 % wins to each side (11 votes [47.83%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.83%

Vote Hide poll

TakoezaEU #1 Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36658 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
While playing Frontline, I found that in the beginning the win ratio between Attackers and Defenders was about 50/50. However now that players have explored the map and found all the exploits, sniping places and hide away's, its much easier to defend than to attack. What is your opinion?

Edited by TakoezaEU, 21 May 2018 - 10:04 PM.

Dorander #2 Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:13 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18196 battles

The frontline zones vary whether they favour attackers or defenders. Attackers still have plenty cover. There's a recon consumable to spot snipers. There's plenty tools to dig out defenders. The only really good defender spot is up in the castle near objective 3, which makes 3 the hardest to get to but 3 is not required for victory, just the destruction of any three objects.

Far more than attackers or defenders is the impact of the playerskills... I've seen entirely onesided battles, simply because the winning side had far more and more skilled players than the other side.

TheComfyChair #3 Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7620 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

There's only one way to find out.....

Flid_Merchant #4 Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9647 battles
Attack depends a lot more on teamwork.

scouse_in_the_house #5 Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1019 battles
It was slightly in favour of the defenders, then they made changes to cap times on Friday/Saturday and Attack wins like 90% now in my experience, defence cant even get set up on the second line now before they are getting capped out and pushed back to the guns.  

TakoezaEU #6 Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 36658 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostDorander, on 21 May 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

The frontline zones vary whether they favour attackers or defenders. Attackers still have plenty cover. There's a recon consumable to spot snipers. There's plenty tools to dig out defenders. The only really good defender spot is up in the castle near objective 3, which makes 3 the hardest to get to but 3 is not required for victory, just the destruction of any three objects.

Far more than attackers or defenders is the impact of the playerskills... I've seen entirely onesided battles, simply because the winning side had far more and more skilled players than the other side.

In Frontline there are many factors that determine a win or lose, like which side of the map you are on, which zone you are assigned to, what tanks your team chose, which combat reserve they loaded up with and player skill of course.

All I want to find out is that, in your opinion, if everything else was balanced, which side has the greater advantage, Attackers or Defenders? I wonder if Wargaming will release the real stats of the win/lose ratio when Frontline finishes?   

Edited by TakoezaEU, 21 May 2018 - 10:29 PM.

snowlywhite #7 Posted 21 May 2018 - 11:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16304 battles

I doubt it can really be balanced out.

essentially(after ppl figured out the mode) it's very easy for attackers to ensure a local superiority in numbers, cap/destroy, move to the next zone and again ensure a local superiority. All it takes is 2-3 ppl with brains in one zone willing to move to another at the start(or give indirect support - like "k2" from c supporting 9-0 line from b). This will ensure enough numbers advantage to cap fast and then repeat the process in the next zone.

and this can be countered only if defenders are on their toes in the specific zone from which players emigrated and willing to forgo their dmg farming for 1min in order to relocate too and balance the local numbers again. Even worse, it's pretty hard to figure out it happened in zone c(because again, supporting 9-0 of b can easily be done from c proper, so it won't show up in the local players list).

Basically player list might show you're 10vs10 in c but in reality you might be 8vs10 in c and 12vs10 in b because 2 ppl are supporting the action in b straight from c sector.

Edited by snowlywhite, 21 May 2018 - 11:57 PM.

Dorander #8 Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:10 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18196 battles

View PostTakoezaEU, on 21 May 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

In Frontline there are many factors that determine a win or lose, like which side of the map you are on, which zone you are assigned to, what tanks your team chose, which combat reserve they loaded up with and player skill of course.

All I want to find out is that, in your opinion, if everything else was balanced, which side has the greater advantage, Attackers or Defenders? I wonder if Wargaming will release the real stats of the win/lose ratio when Frontline finishes?   

I may not have expressed myself clearly, but my answer is neither. You cannot see any of these things seperately from player skill and knowledge. There are map positions which benefit attackers and map positions which benefit defenders but there's no clear overall advantage to either, partially because Frontline is large, involves 30 people on either side, and has very flexible rules due to consumables and front swapping.

There's some randomness in which zone you are assigned to, sure. But somebody who knows what to do in Frontline will prepare their tanks appropriately, with useful consumables, and enter the battle with an all-round setup. Knowing what kind of tank to start with, which consumables to use, where to go once you learn where and as what you spawn, which positions on the map are strong, deciding how and when to use consumables, are all part of player skill as well. In addition to that there's generic player skill which always works, kill enough of your opponent and you push them into long respawn timers.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17935 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Ofc the defenders are at an advantage because they just have to defend while the attackers have to push and cap.

Procjon #10 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55537 battles

It depends on players you get on your team.

I see 4 types of players:

1. Having a clue and taking a risk to push either defense or offense
  2. Having a clue but deciding to go into TD camping spots to farm damage and exp while driving Heavy or Medium tank
  3. Having no clue what is happening while driving around, taking completely wrong spots to sit and camp or just pressing F and dying FAST
  4. In the defense mode - this looks to me like a group #2 - taking camping positions to farm damage and run away as soon as the enemy team starts capping the base. This scenario gets me really mad when i see 5% on the base and fast tank running already to the next zone to save their next camping spot.

Attackers:

Basically when i get #1 players i'm able to push A or B zones in less than 1 minute from starting a battle. C zone is kind of tricky if there is no coordination to take over a bridge on west of the flag and a base at the same time.

Defenders:

Very easy to defend A and B zone as long as team mates support a fire from both sides of the map, unfortunately most of the time all players go to the ridge on the east side of the zone A, C is the easiest to defend.

Over a time i see games more often won by attackers especially when zone A is taken then D zone gets killed pretty fast too. After 2nd line is done i just pick a scout and have some Formula 1 driving experience :izmena:

HF

Edited by Procjon, 22 May 2018 - 04:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users