MM Idea

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

HQ65 #1 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27876 battles
  • [CMERC] CMERC

Since Frontline seems to be working where only same level tanks are matched up, why not just change MM in random battles to be the same? 

All same level tiers only fight against each other....

I know there are thousands of reasons not to do this, but just was wondering what everyone thinks about this.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63404 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tbh... equal tier games in randoms are the single reason why I hardly play my pref MM tier 8's anymore. Or sold of most of my normal tier 8's. CDC and IS-6 are terrible in randoms now. But I had fun playing them in FL. Why? Maps are way more open so even HT's can flak fire often, or drive around most fights to really bully flank. So you are not 100% relying on good pen all the time. You can repair, so you are not punished as hard for you mistakes. And a majority of the targets you face are diverse, and not the same few all the time.

Randoms are corridor maps. Fighting is more focused and not spread out, there is no repair to help you if you make a mistake. Falling back or flanking wide is not as easy. Most of the targets on the HT line are mostly Patriots, Defenders & VK 100.01's and not T32 FL's. So you need to rely on your pen more then your mobility to name a few. Tier for tier, tier 8 suffers a bit more then other tiers due to the new meta. As old tanks there don't fair to well in it vs newer tanks or premiums on the same tier. As most there have sub 200 pen, on even the HT's... and 220mm is the new "weakspot" armor to name one.

firelars4 #3 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:46 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41476 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Same tier MM would be amazing to have, but at the moment there are  a lot of tanks that would perfom very bad or tanks that would be OP in same tier MM. Especially tanks with great armour will become OP. Tanks that trade DPM for pen will do worse.

Kozzy #4 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38692 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostHQ65, on 22 May 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

Since Frontline seems to be working where only same level tanks are matched up, why not just change MM in random battles to be the same? 

All same level tiers only fight against each other....

I know there are thousands of reasons not to do this, but just was wondering what everyone thinks about this.

One obvious one:

Player finds they love playing T6, they do well and earn lots of credits.  They never get bullied by higher tiers so they never feel the need to climb the tiers.  They have no reason to spend money on the game and WG, as a business, cannot sustain the game without money.

Don't get me wrong, I like FL and same tier battles.  Just cannot see WG removing one of the main drivers for people spending money on the game.

HQ65 #5 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27876 battles
  • [CMERC] CMERC

View PostKozzy, on 22 May 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

One obvious one:

Player finds they love playing T6, they do well and earn lots of credits.  They never get bullied by higher tiers so they never feel the need to climb the tiers.  They have no reason to spend money on the game and WG, as a business, cannot sustain the game without money.

Don't get me wrong, I like FL and same tier battles.  Just cannot see WG removing one of the main drivers for people spending money on the game.

Probably....since earning money is the main reason that this game exists....

Geno1isme #6 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40894 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

I honestly dislike same-tier-only battles in random even more than the other Edited templates. You can already see in frontline which tanks dominate the battlefield, and which are completely obsolete in such an environment.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Edited by VMX, 23 May 2018 - 03:47 PM.

Kozzy #7 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38692 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostHQ65, on 22 May 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

Probably....since earning money is the main reason that this game exists....

Indeed.  WG is not a charity, after all.

Mlddim #8 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

• 787 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M

We already have a pinned thread in which to discuss MM.
Please, avoid creating new threads for topics that already under discussion somewhere else.

Closing this thread. 
Have a nice day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users