Pref MM KV5 announcement - Marketing at its best.

MM KV5 Pref MM SMM

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Rati_Festa #1 Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42823 battles

The statement here 

https://worldoftanks...ums-perfection/

Third paragraph....

So, now that the game has proper team distribution, mismatches are a rare case. Everyone’s happy, right? Not really. The new approach benefited everyone, apart from preferential Premium vehicles.

Am I actually reading that correctly, everyone is happy apart from the pref MM tank owners. Is that for real?

Edited by Daxeno, 24 May 2018 - 01:59 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to use of the red color.

Geno1isme #2 Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42622 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
Going by WGs undisclosed data, yes.

TazeGreat #3 Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 33350 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostRati_Festa, on 22 May 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

The statement here 

Third paragraph....

So, now that the game has proper team distribution, mismatches are a rare case. Everyone’s happy, right? Not really. The new approach benefited everyone, apart from preferential Premium vehicles.

Am I actually reading that correctly, everyone is happy apart from the pref MM tank owners. Is that for real?

They're just delusional as always. I'm quite certain way more people are disappointed with MM (specially those who grind T8) than happy with it. New MM is one of the biggest fails WG has ever done, and they have done A LOT and BIG fails. Also mismatches aren't really that rare anyway, they still don't have right roles for tanks anyway (STRV vs E3 in Ensk is balanced, right?).

Balc0ra #4 Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRati_Festa, on 22 May 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

How many of your Pref MM tanks on tier 8 do you play regularly over a +2 tier premium? I play mine less, way less now due to the MM. IS-6 has been out 4 times this year, if that. As I take the KV-220 over it if I'm training crews.  As it's the equal tier games that my IS-6 gets 80% of the time that makes me not want to play them over my +2 premiums.

Tho it's only my tier 8 pref MM tanks. I have no issues with that on lower tier pref MM tanks. Equal tier games on tier 7 and 5 are good, even in the 86 pen Matilda. But with the super heavy meta and 220 weakpsot armor. The 175 pen on the IS-6... less so.

signal11th #5 Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37079 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
The main issue with WG is they take no answer as "an" answer, by this I mean they have a player base of probably 500k regular, 455k of them will never answer an email will never post on the forums or complain and by this they take it that the majority of players are "happy".. WG logic at it's best.

Edited by signal11th, 22 May 2018 - 01:31 PM.

Rati_Festa #6 Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42823 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 22 May 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

How many of your Pref MM tanks on tier 8 do you play regularly over a +2 tier premium? I play mine less, way less now due to the MM. IS-6 has been out 4 times this year, if that. As I take the KV-220 over it if I'm training crews.  As it's the equal tier games that my IS-6 gets 80% of the time that makes me not want to play them over my +2 premiums.

Tho it's only my tier 8 pref MM tanks. I have no issues with that on lower tier pref MM tanks. Equal tier games on tier 7 and 5 are good, even in the 86 pen Matilda. But with the super heavy meta and 220 weakpsot armor. The 175 pen on the IS-6... less so.

Agreed with your points. What I was alluding to was the everyone is happy with mm and the disconnect between thier marketing department and the fact they have a 334 page forum post pinned to the top of the forum discussing the how we all love the new mm.

They are really taking the ....

Cobra6 #7 Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostRati_Festa, on 22 May 2018 - 12:01 PM, said:

Third paragraph....

Well, the 3-5-7 template is absolute garbage that should die in a fire. It should be replaced by 5-5-5 or only 5-10 but the matchmaker itself is doing pretty ok as far as I'm concerned.

Cobra 6

ThinGun #8 Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34980 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
The problem here is one of perception.  If you live in a bubble of people who do nothing but moan and complain about MM, then you assume that 'everyone' is unhappy.  However, if 95% of the user base are NOT complaining, then it's a reasonable assumption that they (a) happy or (b) ambivalent.  Either way, that's a success.  A huge whiney thread about bad MM is insignificant compared to the vast majority.  I'm no apologist for WG, but I think it's unfair to assume they don't actually do their research about this stuff - after all, they are only going to continue to get paid if they please the majority of their customers - they actually have more of a vested interest in it than you do ...

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47158 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I don't like the way they changed the kv-5: to fight power creep they introduce more power creep.

The kv5 was such fun (played as a medium) and was really capable in the old mm and when those 'balanced' premium tanks were not around. Even after the Chrysler and Patriot got introduced I managed to deal with them since people played liked [edited]showing their side and shooting my side.

Yay for power creep!

Nethraniel #10 Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:09 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 13222 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

So, now that the game has proper team distribution, mismatches are a rare case.

Everyone’s happy, right? Not really.

The new approach benefited everyone, apart from preferential Premium vehicles.

Let's take this statement apart a bit:

1) proper team distribution, mismatches are rare

This is in principle true. The teams are evenly distributed, when looking at tiers and tank types.

2) Is everyone happy? No.

I guess nothing to add here.

3a) did the new approach with the distribution in 1) benefits generally everyone?

Yes, somehow this is also true. Although not in a way the majority in the forums would have wished for.

3b) there is a problem with PMM with the new MM system

Well, seemingly also true. At least from WGs statistical and mechanical point of view.

So all in all, the statement is true, however not what many people here in the forums had wished for.

Rati_Festa #11 Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42823 battles

View PostThinGun, on 22 May 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

The problem here is one of perception.  If you live in a bubble of people who do nothing but moan and complain about MM, then you assume that 'everyone' is unhappy.  However, if 95% of the user base are NOT complaining, then it's a reasonable assumption that they (a) happy or (b) ambivalent.  Either way, that's a success.  A huge whiney thread about bad MM is insignificant compared to the vast majority.  I'm no apologist for WG, but I think it's unfair to assume they don't actually do their research about this stuff - after all, they are only going to continue to get paid if they please the majority of their customers - they actually have more of a vested interest in it than you do ...

I think they do research but mainly around revenues and not happiness... although that from a very high level view could equate to the same thing to them.

For me its the very mention of mm and using that as some form of reason for the change. The pref mms are causing problems??? It just doesnt compute.

Spurtung #12 Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63676 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostRati_Festa, on 22 May 2018 - 02:01 PM, said:

Precisely my point here.

Rati_Festa #13 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42823 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 22 May 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

Precisely my point here.

Yes, I just cant think of any other company with such a bad PR department. Do they even proof read this stuff, it looks like they throw it through a spell checker and throw it up.

If there was one point they should of avoided like the plague it was in anyway indicating that thier customers are happy with the mm. Its just beyond stupid.

Spurtung #14 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63676 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostRati_Festa, on 22 May 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

Yes, I just cant think of any other company with such a bad PR department. Do they even proof read this stuff, it looks like they throw it through a spell checker and throw it up.

If there was one point they should of avoided like the plague it was in anyway indicating that thier customers are happy with the mm. Its just beyond stupid.

Yet, for pointing that out in that thread, I was accused of speaking on behalf of all players, when my point was that WG is doing just that like it's even sane to claim that BS.

Rati_Festa #15 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42823 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 22 May 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

Yet, for pointing that out in that thread, I was accused of speaking on behalf of all players, when my point was that WG is doing just that like it's even sane to claim that BS.

Heaven forbid u have an opinion about something, Ive just dealt with something similar on another thread... the trolls were out with pitchforks.

Im actually on the fence with the new mm to be honest, but I know that a lot of people really dont like it. I just cant get my head around WGs ability to rub salt in wounds.. big open wounds at that. 

brisha #16 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15387 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

I nearly choked on my cornflakes when I read they have perfected the 3-5-7 and everyone is happy.

It made sense when I realised they were only talking about the dev team.

Edited by brisha, 22 May 2018 - 04:20 PM.

Spurtung #17 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63676 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostThinGun, on 22 May 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

The problem here is one of perception.  If you live in a bubble of people who do nothing but moan and complain about MM, then you assume that 'everyone' is unhappy.  However, if 95% of the user base are NOT complaining, then it's a reasonable assumption that they (a) happy or (b) ambivalent.  Either way, that's a success.  A huge whiney thread about bad MM is insignificant compared to the vast majority.

What 'vast majority' would that be? I'm yet to see a thread praising MM.

95% of the user base probably are not being heard because they never even check the forum (or the news for that matter). It's the kind of player that will complain the game is down because he didn't even know there was an incoming update.

Thrael7 #18 Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23195 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

They didn't seem to care 6 months ago when they managed to increase the number of Type59s. Now I get it... they wanted more data to solidify the results of their research. They only needed 5 more months.

What a load of crap...

Fewt #19 Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5711 battles

The statement here 

Third paragraph....

The funniest part is that they keep going on about queuing times.

enu_ #20 Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22576 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 22 May 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

I don't like the way they changed the kv-5: to fight power creep they introduce more power creep.

well it need to have something to be able to fight in TX 80% of battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users