Expected WG response to the PMM reactions

made this up dont be mad

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

SoupFork #1 Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6213 battles

Here's what I think WG's official response will likely be to the curent outcry over the forced removal of T8 Premium Preferential Matchmaking:

Dear Commanders,

A few days ago we published an article outlining how we would gradually phase out Preferential Matchmaking for Premium tanks.

We believe our reasons for this are very clear and will benefit you all greatly in the future.

However, we can not ignore the overwhelming amount of negative responses to this apparently sensitive issue.

We deeply care about player satisfaction. We want to keep you all happy.

We take your comments very seriously and have discussed your opinions with our developers and community contributors.

We want you to continue enjoying playing World of Tanks and have worked very, very hard to find a solution that is acceptable to everyone.

To remedy this situation we will immediately and irrevocably apply a global soft-stat buff to all Russian Medium tanks.

We trust this is all you really wanted and look forward to seeing you on the battlefield! Roll out!

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #2 Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9513 battles

?

Edited by THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS, 22 May 2018 - 02:36 PM.

IZMIR_METRO #3 Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5769 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
We won't get PMM tank buffs until they sell out current and upcominh cash grabs sadly 

speedphlux #4 Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44257 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
This whole issue could've been avoided if Tier 10 Lights were never introduced to the game. Some might even add the Tier 10 SPGs to the core of the problem. It literally messed up old MM system terribly, to the point of no return. Then people started complaining en mass about it, so WG rolled out MM 2.0, with it's "amazing" 3-5-7 mess. Now they are trying to blame it on the Preferential Match Making Premium Vehicles, but let's get real - those tanks were in the game, far before MM 2.0 and worked just fine. One of the reason why my IS-6 is my most played tank, is because it was not only profitable, but very good fun to play. Even in the occasional Tier 9 game, I never felt outta place. Roll in the powercreep, new MM and nations and that tank just gathers dust in my garage. There are Tier 7 tanks which I can't penetrate with standard ammo FFS ! And every time you try to use your armor, you either get : A) HE'd to death by some stupid derp gun; or B) people tap the "2" key, because if you don't fire premium you're a muppet, as one famous streamer once said.

I have a lot of them - pref MM premium tanks. I have no idea what WG is planning to do about them. I have no idea what I want them to do about those vehicles. All I can say is that MM 2.0 is to blame. The old "Vehicle Weight" MM formulas were working just fine, but they had to be changed because now every type of vehicle reached Tier 10, so there were no causes for mismatches, as long as they paired up certain types vs same types on each team (3 TDs vs 3 TDs, 5 Heavies vs 5 Heavies and so on). Playing tanks like the IS-6, JgTiger 8.8 and Super Pershing, wasn't just constant full Tier 8 games or 5-10 Tier 9 match ups. In fact, those were so rare, that made you feel excited when you ended up in one of those games.

I'd like to say "I told you so", to all those whinny kids that were/are constantly complaining about the +/-2 MM, but it seems pointless, as I've simply lost interest in WoT. You, dear WoT Community, made this bed for yourselves, so now go on and lay in it. And if you feel like there are too many excrements under your pillows and that the stench is killing you, remember that you were the ones that crapped on your bed because you were cold from the +/-2 MM. "Oh my poor Luchs sees Tier 8 tanks Q_Q" - well played kids, well played.

Cobra6 #5 Posted 22 May 2018 - 03:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16345 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

This looks so legit that it made me smile, well done :teethhappy:

It could indeed be written by WG's PR department by the looks of it.

Cobra 6

Nazgarth #6 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28472 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

Getting any acknowledgement from WG EU staff that there is a problem would be a plus.

Inb4 "not constructive" lock.

Edited by Nazgarth, 22 May 2018 - 04:46 PM.

NoobySkooby #7 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:00 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15126 battles

Expected WG response to our complaints, is..................................................

Deafening silence.:angry:

Spurtung #8 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 66064 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostNazgarth, on 22 May 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

Getting any acknowledgement from WG EU staff that there is a problem would be a plus.

Neutered as they are, good luck with that.

LordMuffin #9 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48529 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSoupFork, on 22 May 2018 - 02:18 PM, said:

Here's what I think WG's official response will likely be to the curent outcry over the forced removal of T8 Premium Preferential Matchmaking:

Dear Commanders,

A few days ago we published an article outlining how we would gradually phase out Preferential Matchmaking for Premium tanks.

We believe our reasons for this are very clear and will benefit you all greatly in the future.

However, we can not ignore the overwhelming amount of negative responses to this apparently sensitive issue.

We take your comments very seriously and have discussed your opinions with our developers and community contributors.

We want you to continue enjoying playing World of Tanks and have worked very, very hard to find a solution that is acceptable to everyone.

To remedy this situation we will immediately and irrevocably apply a global soft-stat buff to all Russian Medium tanks.

We trust this is all you really wanted and look forward to seeing you on the battlefield! Roll out!

My guess. 

Dear Commanders,

To remedy this situation we have decided to not go through with this change.

A few weeks later.

The change is announced with no changes and made as planned.

just like how the obj 263 change came to be.

gunslingerXXX #10 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11423 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Nice one! Throw in a couple of free automatic fire extinguishers, some personal reserves and you're done :teethhappy:

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11423 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Postspeedphlux, on 22 May 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

This whole issue could've been avoided if Tier 10 Lights were never introduced to the game. Some might even add the Tier 10 SPGs to the core of the problem. It literally messed up old MM system terribly, to the point of no return. Then people started complaining en mass about it, so WG rolled out MM 2.0, with it's "amazing" 3-5-7 mess. Now they are trying to blame it on the Preferential Match Making Premium Vehicles, but let's get real - those tanks were in the game, far before MM 2.0 and worked just fine. One of the reason why my IS-6 is my most played tank, is because it was not only profitable, but very good fun to play. Even in the occasional Tier 9 game, I never felt outta place. Roll in the powercreep, new MM and nations and that tank just gathers dust in my garage. There are Tier 7 tanks which I can't penetrate with standard ammo FFS ! And every time you try to use your armor, you either get : A) HE'd to death by some stupid derp gun; or B) people tap the "2" key, because if you don't fire premium you're a muppet, as one famous streamer once said.

I have a lot of them - pref MM premium tanks. I have no idea what WG is planning to do about them. I have no idea what I want them to do about those vehicles. All I can say is that MM 2.0 is to blame. The old "Vehicle Weight" MM formulas were working just fine, but they had to be changed because now every type of vehicle reached Tier 10, so there were no causes for mismatches, as long as they paired up certain types vs same types on each team (3 TDs vs 3 TDs, 5 Heavies vs 5 Heavies and so on). Playing tanks like the IS-6, JgTiger 8.8 and Super Pershing, wasn't just constant full Tier 8 games or 5-10 Tier 9 match ups. In fact, those were so rare, that made you feel excited when you ended up in one of those games.

I'd like to say "I told you so", to all those whinny kids that were/are constantly complaining about the +/-2 MM, but it seems pointless, as I've simply lost interest in WoT. You, dear WoT Community, made this bed for yourselves, so now go on and lay in it. And if you feel like there are too many excrements under your pillows and that the stench is killing you, remember that you were the ones that crapped on your bed because you were cold from the +/-2 MM. "Oh my poor Luchs sees Tier 8 tanks Q_Q" - well played kids, well played.

out of likes for today... so "like" this way

Baldrickk #12 Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30566 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostLordMuffin, on 22 May 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

My guess. 

Dear Commanders,

To remedy this situation we have decided to not go through with this change.

A few weeks later.

The change is announced with no changes and made as planned.

just like how the obj 263 change came to be.

Well, they have form with this...

WindSplitter1 #13 Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:48 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16669 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostSoupFork, on 22 May 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

Dear Commanders,

Seems legit to me.

Hendrik2k #14 Posted 22 May 2018 - 09:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9185 battles
  • [LSTH] LSTH

Hope the change is going through. Why would anyone buy a Tier 8 with 175 pen? At least today it doesn't make any sense anymore. Maybe WG could offer the option to keep the tank as is without stat changes for those who really want to keep their tanks. I personally would love a t8 Chinese heavy premium. But with current low pen, no thanks. And I don't care about preferred mm, I'd rather have a proper tank, so I can use it for other things than merely as a crew trainer.

Edited by Hendrik2k, 22 May 2018 - 09:06 PM.

NoobySkooby #15 Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15126 battles

View PostHendrik2k, on 22 May 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

Hope the change is going through. Why would anyone buy a Tier 8 with 175 pen? At least today it doesn't make any sense anymore. Maybe WG could offer the option to keep the tank as is without stat changes for those who really want to keep their tanks. I personally would love a t8 Chinese heavy premium. But with current low pen, no thanks. And I don't care about preferred mm, I'd rather have a proper tank, so I can use it for other things than merely as a crew trainer.

Too right, both the Is6 and the 112 seriously need some love.

dronology #16 Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21411 battles
  • [-BDF-] -BDF-

This video says it all:

My premium account expires in 2 weeks.

After that you can buff, nerf, ”perfect” whatever you want.

Probably I will continue to play WoT

but I shall pay no more money to WG.

Keep up the good work! :)

Asklepi0s #17 Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:25 AM

• 7720 battles
This thread has been closed by the moderation team due to not being constructive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users