Jump to content


Is the LEKPZ M 41 90 mm good or bad?


  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Ananas2000 #1 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:13 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5353 battles
  • 6
  • [SNIPI] SNIPI
  • Member since:
    04-15-2012

I saw that its a new tank in the shop called LEKPZ M 41 90 mm and i was wondering if this is a good tank and worth the $27 for a ok decent player like me. I play alot of mediums and light and enjoy the Progetto 46 alot! Whats your opinion, would you buy it or not and why?

Thanks for feedback! :)



THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #2 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:26 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9513 battles
  • 912
  • Member since:
    02-04-2015
ok/decent player, where ???

THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #3 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9513 battles
  • 912
  • Member since:
    02-04-2015
TBH. I am wondering same about the tank myself.

tank276 #4 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 50083 battles
  • 561
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

If you like light tanks, certainly yes.

Though it plays more like a medium in most aspects.



Denisian #5 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:29 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7230 battles
  • 116
  • [VIVUS] VIVUS
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011
You should stay away from it ;)

Bulldog_Drummond #6 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 29393 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

I'm tempted as it's only £20 and I could use a German light trainer.  But a bit of a pig in a poke knowing nothing about it.

 

Okay found it on the Wiki http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:G120_M41_90_GrandFinal

 

Doesn't sound too bad


Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 22 May 2018 - 10:36 PM.


mjs_89 #7 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5163 battles
  • 341
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

I bought it the second I saw it, been waiting for this for a couple of months now. I took it out in FL a couple of times and I really think it is a neat tank and worth every cent. Why?

1) 100mm pen HE shells work wonders against other LTs and progettos

2) My most played class is LTs, and the nation I have the most tanks researched is germany, so it was an obvious buy for me.

3) I have a pretty good german LT crew (45% in the 5th skill) wich increases performance quite a bit.

4) I plan to get the Rhm Panzerwagen as (one of) my first T10, wich, in my case, means there are a couple of keepers standing in my garage without crew, so a crew trainer is very welcome.

 

Plus this is the previously unavailable unskinned version of the Blackdog, so I could slap the WG-fest camo on it and damn, that tank sure looks nice on it.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:38 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29179 battles
  • 2,249
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 22 May 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

I'm tempted as it's only £20 and I could use a German light trainer.  But a bit of a pig in a poke knowing nothing about it.

 

Okay found it on the Wiki http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:G120_M41_90_GrandFinal

 

It's a good one. It avoided the light nerf so it's better than your average tier 8 light and it's even got HEP high penetration HE rounds that do obscene things to other lightly armored tanks.

Bulldog_Drummond #9 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:43 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 29393 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View Postmjs_89, on 22 May 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

I bought it the second I saw it, been waiting for this for a couple of months now. I took it out in FL a couple of times and I really think it is a neat tank and worth every cent. Why?

1) 100mm pen HE shells work wonders against other LTs and progettos

2) My most played class is LTs, and the nation I have the most tanks researched is germany, so it was an obvious buy for me.

3) I have a pretty good german LT crew (45% in the 5th skill) wich increases performance quite a bit.

4) I plan to get the Rhm Panzerwagen as (one of) my first T10, wich, in my case, means there are a couple of keepers standing in my garage without crew, so a crew trainer is very welcome.

 

Plus this is the previously unavailable unskinned version of the Blackdog, so I could slap the WG-fest camo on it and damn, that tank sure looks nice on it.

 

OK I got one.  I see our friends are charging 750 gold for camo which seems a bit rich.

 

OK I worked out how to apply my free camo.  Our friends did not make that option at all obvious.


Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 22 May 2018 - 10:54 PM.


Long_Range_Sniper #10 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:51 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 32546 battles
  • 8,815
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 22 May 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

OK I got one.

 

Heavy tank player meets German tier VIII light tank......what could possibly go wrong......?   :B

 

I've got the GF version, and it's not your usual light tank. It's not that fast, not that stealthy and not that quick to turn. But it's got a good gun, so if you play it somewhere between a medium and a light you'll do fine. I played it too "scouty" at the start. 

 


Jabba_The_Mutt #11 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:54 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 4525 battles
  • 63
  • Member since:
    06-22-2014

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 22 May 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

 

OK I got one.  I see our friends are charging 750 gold for camo which seems a bit rich.

 

OK I worked out how to apply my free camo.  Our friends did not make that option at all obvious.

 

You can't use the rental camo on it?

RamRaid90 #12 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:54 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21412 battles
  • 6,464
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostAnanas2000, on 22 May 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

I saw that its a new tank in the shop called LEKPZ M 41 90 mm and i was wondering if this is a good tank and worth the $27 for a ok decent player like me. I play alot of mediums and light and enjoy the Progetto 46 alot! Whats your opinion, would you buy it or not and why?

Thanks for feedback! :)

 

You are a well below average player, might sound harsh but it's true.

 

You need to stay away from tier VIII premiums (especially lightly armoured high skill cap ones) and learn the game before anything else, at this point you are little more than a burden to your teams.

 

If you really must buy a premium tank, stick to a Tier V for now. Learn about the game mechanics and how everything works, then learn how to put it into practice.


Edited by RamRaid90, 22 May 2018 - 10:55 PM.


Bulldog_Drummond #13 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:55 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 29393 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 22 May 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

 

Heavy tank player meets German tier VIII light tank......what could possibly go wrong......?   :B

 

I've got the GF version, and it's not your usual light tank. It's not that fast, not that stealthy and not that quick to turn. But it's got a good gun, so if you play it somewhere between a medium and a light you'll do fine. I played it too "scouty" at the start. 

 

Rather to my surprise I have done okay in the M7 so I'm hoping it may be similar.

Bulldog_Drummond #14 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:56 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 29393 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostJabba_The_Mutt, on 22 May 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

 

You can't use the rental camo on it?

 

I put permanent on all my keepers but I still have loads of free camo from the giveaways, so have used that

Long_Range_Sniper #15 Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:56 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 32546 battles
  • 8,815
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 22 May 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

 

Rather to my surprise I have done okay in the M7 so I'm hoping it may be similar.

 

Tooning with L plates is available for a small PM in game....:teethhappy:

Bulldog_Drummond #16 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:00 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 29393 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 22 May 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

 

Tooning with L plates is available for a small PM in game....:teethhappy:

 

Might take you up on that in a couple of days, early night needed today and out tomorrow

 

 



Strappster #17 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:09 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23895 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015
I think it's a great light for active scouting, a proper fun to play light tank. Doesn't mean I'm any good with it but it's certainly on my list of enjoyable tanks to play. :)

Bulldog_Drummond #18 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 29393 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

First game was quite acceptable.  It has a very nice turn of speed, decent gun and viewrange.

 

Did 1750 damage using only standard AP, killed a couple of enemies, and survived.  Banked 55K net credits and was #2 on team.

 

Victory!
Battle: Westfield 
Vehicles: leKpz M 41 90 mm
Experience received: 2,143 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits earned: 57,680 (compensation for damage caused by allies: 1,475)
Battle achievements: Master Gunner


Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 22 May 2018 - 11:16 PM.


Strappster #19 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:14 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23895 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 22 May 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

First game was quite acceptable.  It has a very nice turn of speed, decent gun and viewrange.

 

Did 1750 damage using only standard AP, killed a couple of enemies, and survived.  Banked 55K net credits

 

I don't think it's fair when blunicums share their results, it leads to an inflated impression of the tank for us normals.



Bulldog_Drummond #20 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:17 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 29393 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostStrappster, on 22 May 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

 

I don't think it's fair when blunicums share their results, it leads to an inflated impression of the tank for us normals.

 

If you only knew how crap i really am i would have to kill you ;)

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users